BPL Community Profile

kevin timm (ktimm) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado (SeekOutside)
About Me kevin timm has not added a biography yet.
CityRidgway
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seekoutside.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by kevin timm

Showing 181 - 190 of 264 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

Rsting Pulse and Fat intake
I think some of the coldness is resting pulse, I have similar issues, especially when hiking with others that I need to bring a lot of extra clothing since I'm not making much of my own heat. I...

In Philosophy & Technique » Low Body Fat - The Tipping Point
July 26, 3:53pm

Congrats Dave
Great job, my neighbor finished 3rd. Sounds like a great time

In Gear Lists » Wilderness Classic post-game
July 26, 3:22pm

nuts
I love the taste of Walnuts, so to each their own. In fact I'm eating some now. But, yes other nuts are good as well. The Almond butters and the like work well as well, but leave you with ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Help me Reach under 1.5 lb PPPPD at around 3000 cal.
July 25, 10:11am

Walnuts
They provide almost 3200 calories per pound, mix in some Jerky and dried blue berries, perhaps get carbs from a mix in with your drink (powdered gatorade). I use walnuts and jerky as a staple of an...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Help me Reach under 1.5 lb PPPPD at around 3000 cal.
July 25, 9:09am

Nest
It is 1.3 / 1.4 oz silnylon. It's nylon 6.6 so it has less stretch. You can get a pretty big shelter out of it, it uses a fair amount of fabric. We do plan on selling them. Available option...

In Make Your Own Gear » Giant tipi
July 19, 8:25pm

Dimensions
9 ft tall I had another one, I tested over the winter and in high winds , it handled it well. The pole is 24" sections, ~1" diameter. We made some improvements from the test one in sha...

July 19, 11:27am

Dimensions
Size is closer to 17.5 ft by 15.5 ft. There are 20 tie outs around the bottom and guyout points at various locations one to three feet of the ground. In addition you can do a faux strcture from...

July 19, 9:15am

Giant tipi
Here are a few pics of a giant tipi that total weight with screen, sod skirt, CF pole and CF stakes is under 6 lbs Not shown is an eyebrow vent over the door, or the integrated scree...

July 19, 8:54am

Modus in a can
Modus Hoperandi in a can in my personal fave. In the winter just have the dogs pull a sled of beer :)

In Philosophy & Technique » Why do A-holes drink light beer?
July 06, 10:33am

Nice insight
I have some experience here. So much seems to depend on location, for instance my 8 yr old loves exploring sandstone formations like canyonlands, while my 11 yr old is fine with doing a peak. They ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Enjoying Backpacking with Kids: Part 1
July 06, 8:51am

All Reader Reviews by kevin timm

kevin timm has posted no reviews.