Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

kevin timm (ktimm) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado (SeekOutside)
About Me kevin timm has not added a biography yet.
CityRidgway
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seekoutside.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by kevin timm

Showing 181 - 190 of 273 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

Coyote is spectacular
I'd do it again , my son wants to as well Here are some photo's http://seekoutside.com/coyote-gulch-backpacking/

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Southwest backpacking fall trip suggestions
August 30, 1:10pm

stake outs, tie outs, pole and guyout points
I've experienced strong winds several times, most recently was a storm that blew in over night while we were above treeline. I really regretted not bringing a CF pole and trying to use a trekki...

In GEAR » Large pyramid tent in wind
August 23, 3:06pm

I have a lot of insight
And am in Western Co as well. We make both tents and stoves. Ed T , who is a forum member has a lot of knowledge as well, unfortunately his mother just passed away so I'm not sure we wi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Considering tipi build
August 17, 2:27pm

Depends on supplier
As far as hydrostatic ratings, it really depends on the original supplier, and even then it's hit and miss. We've seen first quality stuff at 500 ish rating and I know of seconds that are s...

August 17, 12:33pm

waterproofed ness
The one problem with seconds is you don't what waterproof level the fabric may be. I've seen some with hydrostatic ratings of 500 ish, so they wet out easily. Seconds are great for testing ...

August 17, 11:18am

Tipi stuff and stoves
Hi First we make tipi's that are similar and a bit less expensive (http://seekoutside.com) The wood stove pipe exit, you need a silicone coated welder blanket essentially. It can ta...

August 17, 11:14am

Nice looking stove Ed
Nice looking stove :)

In GEAR » Ti-Goat Customer Service
August 15, 2:17pm

We have PU bathtub groundsheets
Seekoutside.com/store If you want a full floor, we have instructions on how to make your own from a tarp of course it will not bathtub. The weight difference of PU and lightweight tarp is minim...

In Make Your Own Gear » Who does custom sewing?
August 04, 2:14pm

zip ties
zip ties work well

In Make Your Own Gear » Semi-circular batten/stiffener for vent on pyramid tent
July 27, 12:16pm

Rsting Pulse and Fat intake
I think some of the coldness is resting pulse, I have similar issues, especially when hiking with others that I need to bring a lot of extra clothing since I'm not making much of my own heat. I...

In Philosophy & Technique » Low Body Fat - The Tipping Point
July 26, 3:53pm

All Reader Reviews by kevin timm

kevin timm has posted no reviews.