BPL Community Profile

Ken Bennett (ken_bennett) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale southeastern usa
About Me Hiker, photographer, etc.
Statenorth carolina

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Bennett

Showing 181 - 190 of 644 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...65

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Circuit + Ohm = ? (Another ode to the awesomeness that is ULA)
"Only one thing you might have added, IMO, is replacing the Circuit side pockets with OHM side pockets. They are awesome." I do like those, but after careful consideration I decided I ...

In GEAR » Circuit + Ohm = ? (Another ode to the awesomeness that is ULA)
November 02, 5:51pm

Circuit + Ohm = ? (Another ode to the awesomeness that is ULA)
So I got an Ohm last summer, and picked up a Circuit in March after my AT section hike in Georgia. I like both packs, but after using them both I settled on the Circuit as my go-to 4-season pack. I...

In GEAR » Circuit + Ohm = ? (Another ode to the awesomeness that is ULA)
November 02, 6:24am

Re: Colored ULA Packs
Just ordered a custom Circuit. After using both an Ohm and a stock Circuit, I'm combining some of my favorite features into one pack. For a very reasonable fee, I'm getting a navy blue Circ...

In GEAR » Colored ULA Packs
October 31, 2:27pm

Re: Packing for the Florida swamp in winter
Hi, Gabriel, Looks like you already have the gear, so just go out and use it. What you have is fine and should work well, though I too would drop the e-tool for a plastic trowel (or a "snow...

In Gear Lists » Packing for the Florida swamp in winter
October 24, 2:40pm

Re: DSLR newbie
The Joe McNally Life Guide to photography is good: http://www.amazon.com/LIFE-Guide-Digital-Photography-Everything/dp/1603201270 The Freeman Patterson book, Photography and the Art of Seeing,...

In Photography » DSLR newbie
October 24, 2:26pm

Re: work
I didn't realize that being an engineer or an accountant was required for membership here. My dad was an electrical engineer, and a lot of that rubbed off on me; does that count? I'm a p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you do for a living?
October 21, 6:32am

Re: ULA Ohm 2.0 Pictures
Thanks for the photos. I have an original Ohm and a Circuit, and I think I need to trade both of them for one of these. Hmmm. EDIT: I wish there was some sort of knit wicking fabric on the back ...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm 2.0 Pictures
October 16, 12:02pm

Re: Help me spend my PFD (on my wife) and buy a soft shell
My wife has both a Marmot Sharp Point jacket and an REI hooded softshell (maybe the One jacket? Not sure.) The REI is warmer, with a thicker fabric that's fleeced on the inside, and a hood. The...

In GEAR » Help me spend my PFD (on my wife) and buy a soft shell
October 12, 12:58pm

Re: A question for the Photographers
The contrast detect AF in the Panasonic cameras is fast -- about as fast as a consumer DSLR. Not even close to my 1D Mark IV, of course, but they are made for entirely different purposes. I'm ...

In Photography » A question for the Photographers
October 08, 7:15pm

Re: Kid's packs?
The Osprey internal frame kid's pack is about 50 liters and weighs around 3 pounds. The torso length adjusts over a wide range, though of course the very shortest length will compromise the fit...

In GEAR » Kid's packs?
October 07, 11:27am

All Reader Reviews by Ken Bennett

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
The newest version is the Photon Freedom To The Max, which uses some sort of new technology in the LED that doubles brightness while not using any more battery power. Nice. The Doug Ritter edition ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
January 17, 6:10pm

Marmot Ion
I just received my Marmot Ion jacket from Campmor, and I agree with the two most recent posts. I don't think it's sil-nylon, exactly, but my hiking test had water beading up on the inside whil...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 17, 6:04pm