Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

kevin davidson (kdesign) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mythical State of Jefferson
About Me je suis un alpiniste, skieur de randonee, marcheur ultra léger, dessinateur d'intérieurs, et connoisseur de microbrew.
moins c'est plus!
Cityune petite ville dans l' ouest
Countryétat libre de l'Orégon
My PDF Gear ListSierra Early Fall 06 Gearlist--lows to high 20's

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by kevin davidson

Showing 181 - 190 of 1333 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...134

Forum » Thread

Ties in Wash.? Something's not kosher.
Wait a minute Doug---no one wears a shirt and tie in Wash. state. Regional costume regulations call for a Columbia Sportswear Plaid Shirt----unless you're one of them immigrant Californicators....

In GEAR » You know there's an ultralighter in the house when....
June 26, 8:24am

re. Epic for pyramid tent
First of all, could you describe the seasons, conditions, and geographic location where you would be using such a shelter? Given all the venting options possible for a pyramid style tent, I don...

In Make Your Own Gear » Epic for pyramid tent
June 26, 8:10am

By and by...
It is a minefield, Chris. As you participate more on this site, you will probably get more exposed to my (peculiar, edgy, dark?---fill in the blank) brand of humor. :-)> I'm not really ques...

In GEAR » Big Sky International Update
June 25, 8:25pm

Reed vs. Rainshadow
They both are quality garments. Depends on your goals. The Reed is lighter by 3 oz. The Rainshadow may breathe a bit better and is made of a little bit tougher fabric. I personally, have been pleas...

In GEAR » Rain jackets and rain pants
June 25, 8:19pm

It's all about discipline and opportunism
You don't want to be breathing down a eVENT bivy, either. A wonder fabric, perhaps, but not a laws of physics breaking wonder fabric. As Brett says, keep mouth and nose exposed to opening. Also...

In GEAR » Montbell Bivy Experience?
June 25, 8:13pm

Big Sky pie in the sky---people digging in...
If this were the "Ain't It Cool News" site---someone would respond to the earlier posting with "PLANT". But we all know that we're all honest on this site.... >:-)&g...

In GEAR » Big Sky International Update
June 25, 8:03pm

WP Digicams--how necessary? Really?
None of the Canon's to my knowledge, are splashproof, however, I have used a Digital Elph for years in all weathers. No problems, apart from wiping rain droplet's off the lens while in use....

In GEAR » Best WP small digital camera?
June 25, 7:48pm

Electrocute the pesky buggers---LW style
Bravo, Brian. I really hope these get certified-- for both black bear and grizzly. I'd like to be able to confidently use one of these puppies in Denali Nat'l Park in future.

In GEAR » Sub 15 oz bear deterrent...
June 25, 7:37pm

Reed rainpants
Actually, the lower half of your body doesn't sweat any where to the degree of your torso. Rain jacket breathability is far more crucial. The Reed Pants breathe a little---and while not quite a...

In GEAR » Rain jackets and rain pants
June 25, 3:33pm

Bag cover as sole shelter
Yes, Christopher, but like we Alpinists, you Adventure Racers are nuts. :-D> I salute your adaptability. Incidentally, do you use the Dry-Tec or GT version?

In GEAR » Montbell Bivy Experience?
June 25, 2:05pm

All Reader Reviews by kevin davidson

Showing 1 - 10 of 59 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip
In the Sub one pound category of packs made specifically for backpacking, this is probably the finest blend of form and function---a "practical" SUL Pack that is still composed of lightweigh...

In Backpacks - Frameless
July 22, 9:53pm

Backpacking Light Firelite SUL-500 Cookpot
...but I do actually own one of these puppies, so I'll chime in. It's thin, thin, thin and I could squeeze a significant dent into it, in my hand. You don't get this extreme level of light...

In Cookware - Titanium
July 17, 12:55pm

Playpus 2L Big Zip
It's never leaked in it's 1 1/2 years of use and have come to trust it. I generally use this on group trips where it's nice to have larger volumes of purified water on hand in camp situati...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
July 15, 9:01pm

Platypus Platy Reservoir
The dedicated hydration systems by Platypus are more reliable than the "retrofit" of the resevoir into one. The Big Zip is far better to the purpose.

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
July 15, 8:54pm

BackpackingLight.com
Very efficient and friendly CS from BPL. Addie (and Ryan---when A. is on vacation) runs a tight ship----my questions and requests have been handled very promptly and services like running down to the ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 14, 3:02pm

BMW Cocoon Pro 60 Parka
Another preliminary review focusing on fit, features and construction. Although many of you might be more attracted with the (on paper) 1 oz. savings of weight of the Cocoon Hooded Pullover, the Pr...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
July 12, 10:13pm

Patagonia Ready Mix Softshell Pants
I got these to supplement my aging Golite Synergy pants---they have several things going for them. They are very light, very water resistant and have partial leg zips to ease putting on over shoes or ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 06, 12:12pm

MiniBullDesigns SSBIT
Another very fine MBD alcohol stove. This one is a pressurized top jet design that produces a flame narrow enough to use with Heine and Foster can/pots. It was ostensibly designed to retrofit Esbit s...

In Stoves - Alcohol
July 06, 11:51am

ULA Equipment
Brian is not only a great designer of packs, but a great sewer, too, when the seamstress brigades of Logan, UT are fully engaged. He also has entertained us over the last few years with on-line diarie...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 05, 9:30pm

MiniBullDesigns Stealth (ver.1)
This fierce but absurdly light (.23 oz.) little side-burner is great for boiling water in a Snow Peak 600 cup. Takes about 6 min. Burns for about 8 minutes or so on 1 oz. of fuel. This was an earli...

In Stoves - Alcohol
July 02, 11:23am