BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale west coast best coast
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 181 - 190 of 2525 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...253

Forum » Thread

Re: MH Power Stretch beanie with a bill
That's a neat idea. I wear a regular ball cap to keep precipitation out of my face and layer a beanie over the top of the hat.

In GEAR » MH Power Stretch beanie with a bill
February 11, 3:52pm

Re: RE: Holy Grail
"Sorry to criticize, but when active, I don't need insulation. And when I'm cold, I start to layer up for the evening (when I'm not hiking). When I am hiking I usually get cold ove...

In Make Your Own Gear » Holy Grail of UL active, synthetic Vest? Apex Vest version 3.0
February 10, 9:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rain!-Off Topic
I see a side shot of a mountain lion's facing left. http://www.backpackinglight.com/backpackinglight/forums/avatars/3c6df2850ed22c1e90883ab2a10dd92e.jpg At first I saw the mountain lion p...

In Chaff » Rain!
February 10, 11:10am

Re: Re: Re: Rain!-Off Topic
Kat, pressing f5 should force all of the avatars to update in your browser.

In Chaff » Rain!
February 10, 10:43am

Re: Best of the Cheap Ponchos? Polycryo Poncho Yet?
David Gardner from Gold Gear made told me about a polycro poncho/tarp he made. I don't think he sells them though. It's a lot of work to make and will wear out easily.

In GEAR » Best of the Cheap Ponchos? Polycryo Poncho Yet?
February 10, 10:31am

Re: $60 for socks?
I was wearing size 12 gortex socks (I am size 10 shoes) with REI expedition weight socks and the fit was fine. Might need to size up your shoes. If (or when) you get your goretex boots wet you won...

In GEAR » alternative to breadbag socks?
February 09, 11:35pm

Re: alternative to breadbag socks?
I just got back for a trip where I wore my vivobarefoot neo trails with rocky goretex socks and wool socks. They worked great.... highly recommended and worth the price.

In GEAR » alternative to breadbag socks?
February 09, 11:04pm

Re: Bacon
I have found oscar mayor brand pre-cooked bacon at my local safeway. It's dry but not too dry and last for a while when opened.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Bacon
February 09, 11:02pm

Re: Re Sub 3.0 oz baselayer bottoms
Rick - I vaguely recall someone mentioning using tights that they found at a halloween store and they were very light, maybe even 2 oz. I could be wrong on this.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Do sub 3.0 oz baselayer bottoms actually exist?
February 07, 12:15pm

Re: Do sub 3.0 oz baselayer bottoms actually exist?
I wonder if you could get some super thin women's tights for that weight.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Do sub 3.0 oz baselayer bottoms actually exist?
February 07, 12:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am