BPL Community Profile

j lan (justaddfuel) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale MN
About Me Canoeist, biker, hiker, packrafter, grump.
CityMN
StateMN
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by j lan

Showing 181 - 190 of 550 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...55

Forum » Thread

Re: Need help identifying animal tracks in snow.
Not lynx?

In Photo Gallery » Need help identifying animal tracks in snow.
March 06, 12:24pm

Re: Stove recommendations please
I think that you will be happiest with a remote canister iso-butane stove. Stability for cooking, ability to invert the canister in colder weather. There are a few choices. I also will defer to Hik...

In GEAR » Stove recommendations please
March 05, 11:29pm

Re: Re: Crooked knife
This place is pretty cheap and really cheap shipping... http://www.bensbackwoods.com/servlet/Categories?category=Knives%3AMORA+Carving

In Make Your Own Gear » Crooked knife
February 29, 6:38am

Re: Cuben bags on bike tour
At those weights I am sure you will be fine.

In GEAR » Cuben bags on bike tour
February 28, 10:49am

Re: Help Ice axe novice determine the correct length and which crampons
If you are going to go through the trouble of bringing an ice axe at all, get one that you can walk with and self belay, 70cm for sure. It is a little awkward to put on your pack, but at the longer...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Help Ice axe novice determine the correct length and which crampons
February 28, 10:09am

Re: i was cold...
To me it sounds like dehydration.

In Philosophy & Technique » i was cold...
February 27, 2:25pm

Re: Re: lightweight hunting
Anyone have experience with the AR-7? The waterproofness and the breakdown really appeal to me.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Ultralight hunting"
February 24, 12:15pm

Re: Squirrels?
I have set up dead falls and used sling shots to kill squirrels, mice, etc to eat. Only extra weight was the slingshot and the knife(mora) i would guess about 9oz extra?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Ultralight hunting"
February 23, 2:30pm

Re: re
"You were RENTING bearikades??" Olympic national park was picked by the company that manufactures bearikades as a testing ground for their products. So if you go to a ranger station th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bear Can Backpack
February 23, 7:13am

Re: High Prices
If it's not worth the money to you, you don't want it or need it. Look at alpacka packrafts, used ones go for $800 after 4-5 years! And yet, if that packraft brings you on the adventure of ...

In Chaff » High Price of Gear on Gear Swap Forum
February 23, 6:09am

All Reader Reviews by j lan

j lan has posted no reviews.