Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jamie Shortt (jshortt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me I grew up in VA exploring and camping the woods around my house. As a teen in the 80's I learned how to backpack by reading books. Back then my pack weight was a respectable 27 lbs and I hit the woods every chance I got. Once adult life took over it was rare to take an overnighter. I faced several challenges during my middle age life and turned to the outdoors to restore me. As my knowledge and skills advanced, my base weight dropped to below 5 lbs. With this came a freedom that I had never experienced before.
CityHolly Springs
StateNC
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.LytW8.com
My PDF Gear ListJamie Shortt 3 Season Gear List - 4lb Base

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jamie Shortt

Showing 181 - 190 of 747 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...75

Forum » Thread

re: Help me reach a sub 5lb base weight
Mike, I truly appreciate your reply. I am glad to hear you could use some of my stuff to help. It sure sounds like you are on your own journey as well and ready to try to go farther. You have the s...

In Gear Lists » Help me reach a sub 5lb base weight
February 12, 6:19am

re: Help me reach a sub 5lb base weight
Mike, Sounds like you are getting lots of good advice. Since a number of items look similar to mine I was wondering if you are using my spreadsheet. Would love to know if someone is actually using ...

In Gear Lists » Help me reach a sub 5lb base weight
February 11, 4:05pm

re: A Little Help Please
Ken, Here is a pic of my ID siltarp showing a fairly tight pitch with differing height poles, but parallel to each other. Here is a pic of my MYOG tarp that is essentially an 8x5 tarp just l...

In GEAR » A Little Help Please
February 03, 7:11pm

re: M50 Summer Quilt Instructions
Jerry, Konrad nailed that Danny nailed it. The sewn through means there is no baffle material, you just sew through 2 layers of fabric creating long chambers to stuff. As stated this technique do...

In Make Your Own Gear » M50 Summer Quilt Instructions
February 03, 4:22pm

re: M50 Summer Quilt Instructions
All, I really appreciate your comments. If someone gets one finished I'd love to see a pic. If you get snagged or find an error please PM me, I'd be glad to provide different pics or give a...

February 03, 5:25am

re: What pack would you recommend?
If you really have your gear down to 8-9 lbs plus food and you are looking for a good deal then I would drop in size to a Jam, especially if you can get it at 40% off. I'd also recommend trying...

In GEAR » What pack would you recommend?
February 01, 8:12pm

M50 Summer Quilt Instructions
In a previous thread I posted the instructions to my MYOG summer quilt. The finished weight of the quilt was 10.8 oz with 1.5" loft. I have enhanced the instructions and added numerous picture...

February 01, 7:56pm

re: containers for fuel alcohol
Ben, I have purchased multiple bottles and flip top lids from REI (about 10 I'd guess). Every one of them leaks if I squeeze it. They usually leak out the flip top (when it is closed). If you g...

In GEAR » containers for fuel alcohol
January 30, 5:10pm

re: containers for fuel alcohol
I have found that eye contact solution bottles work extremely well. They are some of the lightest I have found. They do not leak. They have an integrated cap that you can't loose. They also squ...

In GEAR » containers for fuel alcohol
January 30, 4:25pm

re: Plastic snap attachment
Debbie, I think I'm going to follow your lead. Did you stick with the standard prong lengths? size 16 = 4.2 mm size 20 = 5.6 mm To all...any reason to deviate from this for 3-4 layers si...

In Make Your Own Gear » Plastic snap attachment
January 30, 10:25am

All Reader Reviews by Jamie Shortt

Jamie Shortt has posted no reviews.