BPL Community Profile

Jamie Shortt (jshortt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me I grew up in VA exploring and camping the woods around my house. As a teen in the 80's I learned how to backpack by reading books. Back then my pack weight was a respectable 27 lbs and I hit the woods every chance I got. Once adult life took over it was rare to take an overnighter. I faced several challenges during my middle age life and turned to the outdoors to restore me. As my knowledge and skills advanced, my base weight dropped to below 5 lbs. With this came a freedom that I had never experienced before.
CityHolly Springs
StateNC
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.LytW8.com
My PDF Gear ListJamie Shortt 3 Season Gear List - 4lb Base

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jamie Shortt

Showing 181 - 190 of 746 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...75

Forum » Thread

re: Help me reach a sub 5lb base weight
Mike, Sounds like you are getting lots of good advice. Since a number of items look similar to mine I was wondering if you are using my spreadsheet. Would love to know if someone is actually using ...

In Gear Lists » Help me reach a sub 5lb base weight
February 11, 4:05pm

re: A Little Help Please
Ken, Here is a pic of my ID siltarp showing a fairly tight pitch with differing height poles, but parallel to each other. Here is a pic of my MYOG tarp that is essentially an 8x5 tarp just l...

In GEAR » A Little Help Please
February 03, 7:11pm

re: M50 Summer Quilt Instructions
Jerry, Konrad nailed that Danny nailed it. The sewn through means there is no baffle material, you just sew through 2 layers of fabric creating long chambers to stuff. As stated this technique do...

In Make Your Own Gear » M50 Summer Quilt Instructions
February 03, 4:22pm

re: M50 Summer Quilt Instructions
All, I really appreciate your comments. If someone gets one finished I'd love to see a pic. If you get snagged or find an error please PM me, I'd be glad to provide different pics or give a...

February 03, 5:25am

re: What pack would you recommend?
If you really have your gear down to 8-9 lbs plus food and you are looking for a good deal then I would drop in size to a Jam, especially if you can get it at 40% off. I'd also recommend trying...

In GEAR » What pack would you recommend?
February 01, 8:12pm

M50 Summer Quilt Instructions
In a previous thread I posted the instructions to my MYOG summer quilt. The finished weight of the quilt was 10.8 oz with 1.5" loft. I have enhanced the instructions and added numerous picture...

February 01, 7:56pm

re: containers for fuel alcohol
Ben, I have purchased multiple bottles and flip top lids from REI (about 10 I'd guess). Every one of them leaks if I squeeze it. They usually leak out the flip top (when it is closed). If you g...

In GEAR » containers for fuel alcohol
January 30, 5:10pm

re: containers for fuel alcohol
I have found that eye contact solution bottles work extremely well. They are some of the lightest I have found. They do not leak. They have an integrated cap that you can't loose. They also squ...

In GEAR » containers for fuel alcohol
January 30, 4:25pm

re: Plastic snap attachment
Debbie, I think I'm going to follow your lead. Did you stick with the standard prong lengths? size 16 = 4.2 mm size 20 = 5.6 mm To all...any reason to deviate from this for 3-4 layers si...

In Make Your Own Gear » Plastic snap attachment
January 30, 10:25am

re: M50 TopBag Finished
My thought on the real cost. My experience with MYOG would suggest $140+10 hours does not equal anything like a top bag like Matt's. I hate to admit the time and effort put into the quilt I ...

In Make Your Own Gear » M50 TopBag Finished
January 29, 3:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Jamie Shortt

Jamie Shortt has posted no reviews.