BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 181 - 190 of 3682 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...369

Forum » Thread

Re: LightHeart Gear, 20% off through 12/31
"Please make sure to let us know in the comments section what brand/make of trekking poles you will be using in the tent. We can work with all brands, but need to make a slight modification t...

In Gear Deals » LightHeart Gear, 20% off through 12/31
November 30, 11:14am

Re: Where's the "Adventures in Stoving" guy?
Make sure your stove adjustment valve is in off position before attaching/detaching canister.

In GEAR » Two years, and I still have stupid questions.
November 26, 5:35pm

Re: Weight savings
I'll guess the weight loss might be in new fabrics.

In GEAR » 2014 Copper Spur Tents
November 25, 4:54pm

Re: Re: drift.....Search Function
Link that works... http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/search? That link does work for me, but below is the link I see when clicking on search under forums and it ...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL ads and malware?
November 25, 1:00pm

Re: EB Downlight 50 Jacket $63!
Where?

In Gear Deals » EB Downlight 50 Jacket $63!
November 25, 8:04am

Re: Work Apron - Anything like it?
Gear creep (meaning adding on gear that one may not really need but it sounds cool)..lol..kidding.

In GEAR » Work Apron - Anything like it?
November 25, 7:48am

Re: Oh, I see how it is!
Define "UL specific properties"? The posted German bottles look heavy.

In GEAR » Ultralight Hard Bottle?
November 24, 10:22pm

Re: The More You Know
You are sensitive to used water bottles. There is no problem with that. I consider an ultralight water bottle to weigh less than 1.5 oz. for a 1 liter size. Is that a fair definition? If not, you w...

November 24, 10:03pm

Re: Not Quite
Doesn't exist. You or anybody else won't live long enough to be worried about leaching of soda bottles.

November 24, 4:55pm

Re: Is there a Market for a Sub 10 oz Hooped Bivy?
Some would say unnecessary weight when the hooped sleeping bag cover is not your primary waterproof shelter. Already made are those that have extra fabric that can be raised with cordage.

In GEAR » Is there a Market for a Sub 10 oz Hooped Bivy?
November 24, 7:49am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm