BPL Community Profile

Jim MacDiarmid (jrmacd) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Jim MacDiarmid hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jim MacDiarmid has not added a biography yet.
CityNYC
StateNY
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Winter Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim MacDiarmid

Showing 181 - 190 of 1076 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...108

Forum » Thread

Re: Weekender Gear List
I have a GG Gorilla and only have good things to say about it. Depending on how broad your shoulders are (mine are fairly broad) you might find the shoulder straps to wide and rubbing on your neck...

In Gear Lists » Weekender Gear List
August 09, 8:04pm

Re: supplementing a sleep system
The tough thing about boosting a bag rating is usually legs and feet, since it cooler temps you're almost always bringing upper body insulation, but not generally lower body insulation unless i...

In GEAR » supplementing a sleep system
August 09, 7:29pm

Re: Re: Hydration Advice.
Thanks for all the input. That Hammer Nutrition link has a lot of interesting information. I'm not a scientist, but I think, assuming daytime temps of no more than 65 degrees, I'll ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hydration Advice.
August 09, 7:11pm

Re: Wish List - One item Only
my one would be a tossup between full om 4 season tent for snowcamping (Stephensons,hilleberg, big sky) or a nunatk raku overfilled to take it to 5 degrees or so.

In GEAR » Wish List - One item Only
August 09, 3:57pm

Re: So who doss the heat stop from going out?
I'll go out day-hiking in the heat, but if it's humid, I'm not likely to go backpacking. I grew up in the Midwest with heat and humidity, but I didn't backpack there(flew west)...

In GEAR » So who doss the heat stop from going out?
August 09, 1:29pm

Re: FS: Ultralite bonanza! MLD, WM, GG, Zpacks, Nunatak etc.
PM on the Arc AT

In Gear Swap » FS: Ultralite bonanza! MLD, WM, GG, Zpacks, Nunatak etc.
August 04, 4:40am

Re: Re: Powdered fuels & hydration
"I hike using only powdered fuels, along with some gu type of fluid to "top off" during activity. Cuts down on bulk/weight in pack also." +1 I've been doing this for 4 ye...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » how many calories per pound per day do you eat?
August 03, 7:42pm

Re: 40-Liter Waterproof Travel Bags for $3.55
Interesting. How durable do they seem, meaning abrasion and puncture resistant? I'm going to be flying with my pack for the first time in a couple months, and I have to check it as I have t...

In Gear Deals » 40-Liter Waterproof Travel Bags for $3.55
August 03, 8:41am

Re: "how many calories per pound per day do you eat?"
+1 on the thanks for starting this thread. I don't worry too much about meal planning for overnighters, but for 2 days or more, I try to pack 3200 calories per day, and to get about 120 calori...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » how many calories per pound per day do you eat?
August 02, 7:31pm

Re: Wanting new backpack OHM vs Gorilla
I bought my Gorilla 2 years ago after ordering the the Gorilla and the Ohm and trying them out at loaded up at home for a few nights. My biggest complaint about the Ohm was the hip belt, and if th...

In GEAR » Wanting new backpack OHM vs Gorilla
August 02, 10:55am

All Reader Reviews by Jim MacDiarmid

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
I ordered a Gorilla backpack from Gossamer Gear. It's my first venture into UL packs. I ordered a medium, and after trying it on for a few days and not finding it completely comfortable, I worri...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 15, 5:39pm