Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

James Pitts (jjpitts) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest US
About Me James Pitts has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Pitts

Showing 181 - 190 of 308 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...31

Forum » Thread

Re: storage?
I just wad it all in there. Usually I'll wad the sleeping bag in the bottom. My tarp goes into the "hydration pouch" inside the backpack (I never use it for it's intended purpos...

In GEAR » storage?
January 13, 7:15pm

Re: Satiety
By the way, I got my package and, Sarah, thank you so very much for everything! Also, thank you for the recommendations. I love your cookbook, by the way, and bought it as soon as it was publishe...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 1.25 lbs of food per day?
January 13, 7:09pm

Re: (non sweet) Energy Drinks
I don't like the stuff that is really sweet either. I just buy the powder and add it to the water to taste. I think I wind up using 1/2 what the package says to add. I mostly want the stuff ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » (non sweet) Energy Drinks
January 13, 7:02pm

Re: Re: Potty Trowel pattern
Well folks, here is my finished trowel: I had no problems making it. I cut out the trowel from the sheet of Ti using my Demel tool. Safety glasses were key! I went through a few wheels....

In GEAR » Antigravity Gear Pot Feedback
January 13, 6:41pm

Re: Re: 1.25 lbs of food per day?
I'll add to the discussion something that I don't recall reading about. While in food a gram is a gram and a calorie is a calorie different foods do have different "satiety value"...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 1.25 lbs of food per day?
January 13, 9:21am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ultralight fire starter
Did I mention that it smells bad when it burns?

In GEAR » Ultralight fire starter
January 12, 9:50pm

Re: Potty Trowel pattern
Got my TI sheet in the mail today and cut out my trowel to the pattern Denis provided. I went through a LOT of dremel tool wheels. I turned out pretty good. Now I have to bend it and put the &qu...

In GEAR » Antigravity Gear Pot Feedback
January 12, 8:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Ultralight fire starter
Did I mention rubber burns like crazy when it's wet?

January 12, 3:13pm

Re: Re: The REAL Seargeant Rock?
I found the footbeds that I did try to make the boots or shoes fit too tight. The only thing that felt right were the paper thin things. Perhaps they just have to get crushed down by running/hiki...

In GEAR » To Use Footbeds or Not to Use Footbeds
January 11, 8:26pm

Re: Ultralight fire starter
I have found that if you cut up inner tube rubber from a bike into little squares that it makes a great firestarter. It's easy to light, burns a long time, and is darn hard to put out... smell...

January 11, 5:04pm

All Reader Reviews by James Pitts

Showing 1 - 10 of 23 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Pro-Tick Remedy Pro-Tick
I am so glad someone posted a review of this gizmo. First let me say that you can remove a tick with a pair of tweezers. The Pro-Tick Remedy tool is not multi-use like tweezers. That said, it w...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
May 26, 11:18am

Repel Lemon Euculyptus Insect Spray
I am a huge fan of 3M Ultrathon largely because the stuff works REALLY WELL... for what I use it for. So this is sort of my "gold standard"... encapsulated DEET lotion. That said, differ...

In Miscellaneous Products
May 26, 10:24am

Mountainsmith Wisp
I forget when I bought this. It was on an uber-closeout type deal. This sleeping bag is not made anymore. The facts: - 750+ fill down - Size Long (6' 6") Weight: Says 24 oz, 23 oz in ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 08, 9:27pm

Marmot Atom
Let's get down to the facts: - Temp rating: 40 degrees - Size Long (6' 6") Weight: 20 oz on the box, 22 oz in my kitchen. - Shell: Pertex Quantum N-090 Ripstop - Lining: Pertex ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 08, 9:14pm

Martin Backpacker Guitar
Now here is a review you don't see every day. This was a very thoughtful gift from my dear wife. I am an avid guitar player but leave my music at home when I hike because a flat-top 6-string ...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 08, 8:54pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
What's with people that review gear they have never owned nor tested in the field? This is a mystery to me. Anyway, on to the Jetboil. I bought this because... I had an REI dividend and the...

In Stoves - Canister
January 08, 7:58pm

Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover
This was my default insulating layer until I bought the MontBell Down Inner Jacket. This jacket is very warm, as is the vest. I prefer the older models (05 and later) to the newer ones. I recall ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
January 08, 7:49pm

WalMart
What is there to review? Be careful driving in the parking lot because people seem to switch off their brains when they walk about outside the store. Seriously, they take anything back and there a...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 08, 7:46pm

Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI)
...and they really mean it. I have seen people hopelessly abuse the return policy but REI stands by it. The prices are fair, especially if you use an REI Gold Visa. The dividend makes for a nice gi...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 08, 7:43pm

Therm-A-Rest Lite Seat
Works great and is light but very comfortable. It takes quite a beating and will eventually get a hole in it. I have had to make two repairs to mine. I use it to extend my sleeping pad setup when I...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
January 08, 11:52am