BPL Community Profile

Lucas Boyer (jhawkwx) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale 38.97˚N, 95.26˚W
About Me Having been a backpacker off and on since the early 90's when a trip to Philmont infected me w/ the bug, I have transitioned over to a lighter kit. My first encounter with UL backpacking was some CDT thru-hikers I met in New Mexico. I went home and combed the web, found BPL, and the rest is history. Right now, I'm between jobs, working at a local running shop and have been doing a little freelance writing, hoping to find a voice for a writing career perhaps. Previously, I have obtained a meteorology degree and master's degree in secondary educ.
CityLawrence
StateKS
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.hobohiker.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListOHT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lucas Boyer

Showing 181 - 190 of 201 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

re:ohm backpads
Just returned from a one nighter w/ my Ohm and newly configured backpad. I cut off approx. 12" from a Ridgerest and put in there along w/ my '09 Thermrest Prolite Plus 48" folded in t...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm
August 13, 5:16pm

re: toothbrush
I've been using a Spongebob Kid's Toothbrush. Also fits in a ziploc sandwich bag. I'm not down w/ the buy and pitch BS thrown at us from the big toiletry companies. Toothbrushes create ...

In GEAR » Throw Away the Fingertip Toothbrushes
August 06, 10:31am

re: tall jacket
I've got a Patagonia Rainshadow. You can find them on clearance around 100. I picked mine up for 80 or 90 from Northern Mountain Supply when they had a 20 off of 100 or more purchase. FWIW: I&...

In GEAR » Rain jacket for the tall?
August 03, 11:13am

good neighbors
I too put my tent in the front yard; the dogs won't bother it there and there's more sunlight to dry it after I hose if off. A couple weeks ago I was drying my tent after a trip and the win...

In GEAR » Weirdos in tents?
July 30, 7:05am

ohm packing, etc.
I hadn't really thought about it. But, I should note that I do not use my sleeping bag stuff sack. I just stuff it down in the pack and let my gear compress it down. I think that it "fills...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm
July 30, 6:49am

Re: Burrito
yeah, just roll the mattress up and shove it down in there and then let it expand to fill the compartment. my only problem w/ this has been the 48" pad has my ankles/heals on the ground and it...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm
July 29, 2:13pm

Don't forget....
Don't forget those potato sticks that look like mini french fries. Came off the trail a few months ago and grabbed a bag on a whim. A couple of ales later and they were gone....salty, fried, po...

In Multiple Use Gear » $ store finds
July 29, 7:34am

RE: Ohm Pads?
I've got a Thermarest Prolite Plus Small size. I packed it in the burrito style and it worked out very well. I would squeeze most of the air out that I could by just bear hugging the pad. A cou...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm
July 29, 7:28am

Justin you've got a PM.
I sent you a PM Justin.

In Gear Swap » WTB 2 Man Tent about 3Lbs
July 24, 11:17am

thanks michael
I appreciate you taking the time to measure for me. I'm afraid the people that are Comet owners really like the pack and are holding on tight, since they won't be made anymore. If we don...

In Gear Swap » WTB: SMD Comet Short Straps, Sm. Hipbelt
July 23, 7:05am

All Reader Reviews by Lucas Boyer

Lucas Boyer has posted no reviews.