Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Joshua Mitchell (jdmitch) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Kansas
About Me Joshua Mitchell has not added a biography yet.
CityLawrence
StateKansas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 181 - 190 of 845 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...85

Forum » Thread

Injinji Bamboo?
Injinji is making a Bambook sock now? Where'd you see that at? I knew that had a Wool / Synthetic blend but not Bamboo...

In GEAR » bamboo cloth; like cotton or synthetic?
January 25, 12:02pm

Re: Ti workability
Spot Welds, eh? I guess I've never seen a BB really up close. And that would make construction out of Ti pretty simple. I agree with the simplicity of the TT. It's part of why I bought i...

In GEAR » Titanium Bushbuddy?
January 25, 11:51am

Re: Working with Ti
Josh, From my understanding the difficulty with working with Ti isn't the forming, it's the joining. Ti is notoriously difficult to weld and and rivets one might use is simply going to c...

January 25, 8:21am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Esbit or Alcohol or Bush Buddy?
"Wouldn’t the Ti-Tri Caldera System, in wood burning mode, provide equivalent functionality to the Bush Buddy plus add alcohol and Esbit modes?" Yup. I have it, and love it. Oh, a...

In GEAR » Esbit or Alcohol Stove?
January 25, 8:09am

Re: Eating Poison Ivy
Wow... Vick... You're braver than I. But then again, when I was young / adolescent I had HUGE skin senstivities (my first exposure to PI was through the pollen in the air because I knew what it...

In GEAR » Embrace the Oak - Gear cleaning tips?
January 25, 8:04am

Re: Titanium Bushbuddy?
I think what fritz was getting at was the absolute weight savings isn't worth the price penalty that would be paid. One would probably be talking multiple hundreds of dollars to save 2 oz (as y...

January 24, 8:29am

Re: SOG Crossgrip
THAT's the one I've seen before and thought would make a good pot gripper...

In GEAR » Multi-tool uses
January 24, 7:25am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Titanium Bushbuddy?
Not really, it's a quite simple passive gassification style stove... in the make your own gear area someone made one out of quart and pint paint cans (available for a couple bucks each, EMPTY, ...

January 23, 3:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Multitools
"I'd prefer to use the scissors on an original swiss army knife, anyone heard of a 1oz pair of pliers?" With sufficient strength to be worthwhile? No. That's more like a strong...

In GEAR » Multi-tool uses
January 23, 2:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Titanium Bushbuddy?
"Right, I think I'll start saving for it now. Might take a couple of years to save enough!" Maybe more before he takes on the challenge of building one ;)

January 23, 2:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Joshua Mitchell

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Icebreaker Tech T Lite Superfine 140
This is my first Merino T-Shirt (though I have a couple other manufacturers). Wore it a few days straight in super-hot/humid Boy Scout Summer Camp... little to no smell... way comfortable... man I lik...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
July 20, 12:54pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Got mine (Auto-Ignition) a couple years ago as my Xmas present to myself (single engineers have money...), loved it ever since.

In Stoves - Canister
August 02, 11:28am