BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 181 - 190 of 1823 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...183

Forum » Thread

Re: Does Clothing Count?
There's a hat that I used to wear when staffing a help desk On April 1 each year. It displayed the words: "I don't know, I don't care, it makes no difference" Picture m...

In GEAR » Does Clothing Count?
April 12, 10:27am

Re: Bug Season in Michigan
I can't speak for MI but MN we usually have a short spring window after it starts to warm and the trails are getting dry but still before the insect explosion. For us that usually means a bug ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bug Season in Michigan
April 12, 5:08am

Re: Hummers...
Among the MANY things that mystify me is the idea that a person's automobile somehow is a foundation for their sense of identity. I just don't get it. NOTE: lest anyone be tempted to as...

In Post-Trip Reports » A long anticipated meeting on the Black Forest Trail
April 11, 7:27pm

Re: The real story
As we approached the valet area, she asked me to let her out of the truck because she didn't want anyone to see her in a truck. Had a similar experience with each of our children when droppi...

April 11, 11:08am

Re: 10 Reasons why you should never spend time in the backcountry
-You can't call out for pizza: clearly a starvation danger. Between sat phones, GPS and drones that reason will be gone soon:-) Here's one from true life. 40 yrs ago my then boss was...

In Philosophy & Technique » 10 Reasons why you should never spend time in the backcountry
April 11, 8:48am

Re: The real story
I have to tell you, your pictures aren't doing you any favors. Sounds like you are going overboard with that "managing expectations" thing:-)

April 10, 7:19pm

Re: Drone hunting
Speaking of "some new kind of electronic weapon" I think I was one day too early: http://news.sky.com/story/1075647/laser-cannon-deployed-by-us-navy-for-tests Heavier than a 12 gaug...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Drones and phones
April 09, 6:24pm

yet another small seller of accessory gear
While searching for a source of the hard to find CamCleat CL266 line-loks I was directed by the CamCleat folks to an ebay seller that handles them and also a modest selection of other stuff. Price...

In GEAR » yet another small seller of accessory gear
April 09, 6:04am

Re: Drone hunting
> (Lessee, a .338 Lapua mag bolt rifle, Burris Eliminator III rangefinding scope... hmmm.) How about a Barret? Cheers Roger! Are you trolling to start up another flaming BPL firearms t...

April 08, 10:53am

Re: Drones
I can't wait for humans to become brilliantly post technological. Here's a reading suggestion Ken:

April 08, 2:59am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am