Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 181 - 190 of 2003 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...201

Forum » Thread

Re: SHT Castle Danger trailhead bivy?
Hi Ryan, I'm not from the North Shore but am a frequent SHT hiker. The trail assn strongly discourages any sort of "camping" outside of established campsites because so much of th...

In Pre-Trip Planning » SHT Castle Danger trailhead bivy?
July 28, 4:18pm

Re: I'll take them
Missed by 5 minutes:-( pls put me next in line.

In Gear Swap » FS: Black Diamond Alpine CF Carbon Trekking Poles
July 23, 7:09pm

Re: Uganda
So it's all about perspective! Indeed. I worked with a guy from Guilin, China. After half a lifetime with a bicycle as his primary means of transportation he couldn't even begin to und...

In Philosophy & Technique » People who don't enjoy camping
July 20, 8:02am

Re: Ruined?
can you imagine Yosemite in 1850??? Hiking or riding a horse in there??? WOW ! A horse isn't technology? You'd have a tough job trying to defend idea that to the SW US population what w...

In On the Web » Proposed Grand Canyon development
July 15, 2:29pm

Re: PCT movie with Reese Witherspoon coming out
In spite of a strong recommendation from my librarian (the one I've woken up next to for several decades) I haven't read the book. I'm struggling to reconcile these comments with m...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT movie with Reese Witherspoon coming out
July 11, 7:04pm

The silence is growing more ominous with every succeeding male post. That be called "the calm before the storm" .... be frightened my friend, be very frightened;-)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » secrets out...
June 30, 3:36am

Re: Alternatives
arrabbiata sauce looked up a couple recipes ... high yum potential, thanks Stuart. Safe to assume that it dehydrates and rehydrates as well as most tomato based sauces?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Mac N cheese
June 27, 6:52am

Re: I need Fall-Superior
more info about the Superior Hiking Trail? You bet! I should have mentioned waterfalls and spectacular canyons where rivers descend to Lake Superior as well as moose, wolves, coyotes and bear...

In Pre-Trip Planning » I need Fall!!!
June 25, 6:18pm

Re: I need Fall!!!
Ozark Highlands Trail? That night be more autumnal in the 2nd half of October though. OH, I forgot my own "backyard" ... Superior Hiking Trail! 300 miles, trailheads every 5-10 mil...

In Pre-Trip Planning » I need Fall!!!
June 25, 1:00pm

Re: Down the Mississippi River by canoe
@Amy: You'll be fine if you are not too schedule focused (as in short on food). It often works to get out very early for a few hours then sit out much of the day and the get a few more hours ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Down the Mississippi River by canoe
June 21, 10:21am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am