Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jason Brinkman (jbrinkmanboi) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Idaho
About Me I backpack, hike, raft, hunt, fish, mountain bike, ski, snowshoe, trail run, etc.
CityBoise
StateIdaho
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListRocky Mountain Summer 3-day Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jason Brinkman

Showing 181 - 190 of 499 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...50

Forum » Thread

Re: baggin' line & bag
My S2S drysack has kept my food dry thus far. Never had it out in really persistant rain and humidity like you get on they get on the coast though. However, I also use OP sacks for food and garba...

In GEAR » Bear bagging
June 02, 11:46am

Re: Re: still waiting
The new Garmin Forerunner 405 is a watch size GPS, but it apparently doesn't show coordinates, and the battery life would be difficult to deal with for backpacking purposes.

In GEAR » Garmin Colorado 400t Handheld Color Mapping GPS - REVIEW
May 29, 4:46pm

Re: Re: baggin' line
I use this one: http://www.rei.com/product/777725 Spectra/Dyneema is amazing stuff - exceptionally strong for it's weight. My vote would be for the BPL Ursalite.

In GEAR » Bear bagging
May 29, 2:07pm

Re: How does a BA insulated aircore work with the SMD comet pad pocket?
Will a 10"x20" piece of closed cell foam pad work for a permanent backpanel on a Comet? It should weigh less than 2 ounces, and can be pulled out for a sit pad if desired. This would al...

In GEAR » How does a BA aircore work with an SMD comet?
May 29, 1:28pm

Satellite phone rental
I rented the Iridium phone through Mobal. I found them through an internet search and took a chance on them. I was very pleased. They shipped the phone and all necessary accessories in a hard cas...

In Editor's Roundtable » SPOT Satellite Personal Tracker - Full Review
May 29, 12:59pm

Re: Aluminum Nail Stakes...problems?
Sounds like you need to use a smaller rock!?!

In GEAR » Aluminum Nail Stakes...problems?
May 29, 11:17am

Re: SPOT
I got an email from SPOT today for a Father's Day promotion offering 6 months of free tracking with the purchase of a SPOT. I look forward to this technology being implemented in a reliable wa...

In Editor's Roundtable » SPOT Satellite Personal Tracker - Full Review
May 29, 11:15am

Re: Bear bagging
Kelty Triptease has a high friction sheath and is very small diameter. Basically, that's the perfect recipe for sawing into tree limbs, and snagging on retrieval. I have used Triptease occasi...

In GEAR » Bear bagging
May 27, 10:54pm

Re: H2O treatment for under 2 year olds
The chlorine dioxide treatment that Aqua Mira provides is about the most effective treatment on the market, and probably the best thing you could use to ensure your daughter's safety in any wat...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » H2O treatment for under 2 year olds
May 27, 10:34pm

Re: re: disaster
Platy's will leak too, eventually. But that's no reason to avoid them or the collapsable Nalgenes. Agree with Brett that you need multiple container types in order to have options. The...

In GEAR » New Water Bottle
May 14, 6:59am

All Reader Reviews by Jason Brinkman

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I've had zero problems with my Firesteel. It always throws a reliable and predictably shaped spark fan. Lights stoves or fires easily. Lighting a fire does require a dry tinder material (found ...

In Cookware - Other
July 24, 10:18am

REI Minimalist Bivy Sack
I picked up a REI Minimalist Bivy in size long to try out. The long also has added girth, which is great. I slept in it twice in my backyard proving ground. Both times were clear, low humidity night...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
May 09, 11:53pm

clif shot bloks/jelly belly sport beans various flavors
Tried the Shot Bloks (pina colada and black cherry) for the first time on a trip in Hells Canyon last weekend. I found the texture and flavor to be VERY appealing, and the calorie density is acceptab...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
May 09, 11:26pm

Black Diamond Spire Elliptical Trekking Poles
I was intrigued by these initially because of the ellipical shafts - definitely seem stronger/stiffer on the principle axis than comparable weight round poles. I was willing to live with the 20 oz pe...

In Trekking Poles
February 28, 11:57pm