Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Inaki Diaz de Etura (inaki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Iberia highlands
About Me Inaki Diaz de Etura has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.viajarapie.info

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 181 - 190 of 335 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...34

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: British Mountain Club!
> The YHA won't be any use in Europe in the mountains. I used it on the Nordkalottleden in northern Scandinavia. At least in the norwegian huts and I think also in the swedish ones to get...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking in Europe
October 13, 4:09pm

Re: BPing in Europe
> Anyway late august to mid september rules the HRP out imo not at all. It's actually a very good window for the HRP (except for being too short for the whole thing). September is usually...

October 13, 4:06pm

HRP ressuply
it's not that hard. I used the postal service, sent packages to Lescun, Gavarnie and Salardu (to a hostel as there's no PO in Salardu) but I think I could have done without. There are super...

October 13, 4:01pm

Re: Vaude, Where are they made??
I can't say for sure but I highly doubt Vaude has done any significant manufacturing in Germany or anywhere in western Europe anytime AD but I've always found Vaude products reliable and go...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Has anyone used VAUDE products?
October 09, 4:23pm

Re: Getting in shape for a thrukike
what others said: if you hike regularly, that's probably all the training you need. I started with 20+ mile days with no previous training other than my regular, almost weekly hikes. YMMV but n...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Getting in shape for a thruhike
October 09, 4:13pm

Re: Marmot Hydrogen 30 - Sizing
I'm 5'7" and 142 lbs and the regular Hydrogen fits me fine with room to spare. The shoulder girth is generous enough for something like a Thermawrap and I actually find it a good compr...

In GEAR » Marmot Hydrogen 30 - Sizing
October 09, 3:51pm

UV
I read somewhere that you can use UV radiation from the sun to purify water. Just let it lay in a clear glass or plastic container for a few hours, I can't remember how many. Surely not practic...

In GEAR » The importance of water purification gear
September 29, 4:19pm

ProShow Gold
I use ProShow Gold. It's the only one I know so I can't compare with others but I think it does exactly what you're asking for and it's very easy to use. http://www.photodex.com/...

In Post-Trip Reports » Best S/W to make slide show with music?
September 28, 2:03pm

Re: Re: Above Treeline
> there is a much more abrupt switch from the trees to the meadows, with the meadows covering a huge area. hey Ross, I remember that very comment from you. We met at refuge de la Leisse on...

In Photo Gallery » Above Treeline
September 24, 5:14pm

Re: Fleece still rules, sometimes
no insulation that relies on lofting has the structural integrity of fleece. It collapses under weight and can't breathe. A high loft insulation sandwiched between a pack and a perspiring body ...

In GEAR » Perfect Fleece???
September 19, 5:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite Hex 3
Not a full review but just a small addition on what's already been said regarding winter use. While skis make for wonderful stakes on deep snow, unfortunately the tie out loops at the end of the 6 mai...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 7:47am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
I was torn between Ghost and Alpinist before ordering and eventually ordered something in between, quite like the former X from BMW. It has the loft of the Ghost with the dimensions of the Alpinist an...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 05, 11:08am