BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 181 - 190 of 6132 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...614

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
"They buy Corvettes." Red ones.

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
February 16, 7:02pm

Re: Sourdough on the Trail?
Not for trail cooking, but thought you might find the following useful for at home cooking: http://community.kingarthurflour.com/user/1120318/recipes/1120318

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sourdough on the Trail?
February 16, 6:35pm

Too much fun in the 'kitchen'
Bought an Epicurean Ti Stove from Jon at Flat Cat Gear after eating ... I mean seeing his demonstrations at the GGG. Tried it for the first time this afternoon - I started with a cheeseburger! But ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Too much fun in the 'kitchen'
February 16, 4:59pm

Re: Re: Re: McHale
Gosh, guys, a veritable tempest in a UL titanium teapot. William, I haven't read Dan's site, but I did read the snippets you included above, and I don't get from it what you've gott...

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
February 16, 3:05pm

Looking for someone for a quick, easy project
Need something made in cuben, not too difficult or anything, and need it by Feb. 28. Happy to pay for your time, of course. Anyone interested? PM me or leave a note here and I'll PM you, the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Looking for someone for a quick, easy project
February 16, 11:19am

Re: Re: Re: "Michigan GGG (or just a plain old backpacking trip)"
"I had already blocked off that weekend (the 5th) for a longer backpacking trip anyway...so I'll go back to my old plan of the Eagle Rock Loop in Arkansas." Is that April 5?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Michigan GGG (or just a plain old backpacking trip)
February 16, 11:17am

Re: inReach Month by Month, Coming Mid-March
It's like deja vu all over again.....

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
February 15, 8:58pm

Re: STAKES IN SNOW
If possible, don't use stakes, use pieces of wood from the area. Run your guyline around the piece of wood and back toward your shelter. Bury the wood as you would a deadman. Attach/tie/whateve...

In GEAR » STAKES IN SNOW
February 15, 11:38am

Re: Re: Wording
"Darn Tough socks .... I'm sure they're great though." They are. I've replaced all my other hiking socks with Darn Tough socks. Love 'em.

In GEAR » Return dilemma
February 15, 11:34am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Odor-proof Backpack
"What do you suppose the ratio of bear zaps -to- unintentional human zaps will be?" Depends on how much alcohol is involved....

In GEAR » Odor-proof Backpack
February 14, 9:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am