BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 181 - 190 of 6423 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...643

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yikes!-Judging, part deux
Hi Michael, "Iraq is a cluster any way you slice it. I don't think the author of that piece added anything of merit and mainly focused on vulgarities and hatred." On this we do ...

In Chaff » Glenn Beck admits "Liberals you were right" about Iraq War.
June 19, 5:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yikes!
"Sure I can but then again I blame everyone for the fact that Jericho didn't get picked for a third televised season so there's that." Oh, no, you can specifically blame me for...

June 19, 5:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Milk Powder Packaging and Shelf Life
"I would think you would get sick on that... or at least upset stomach and/or the runs..." Been doing it for years. I'm not young. Never have gotten sick from it yet. Ever. Nor has...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Milkman milk powder cases now available online
June 19, 5:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yikes!
True, we don't have to agree. :-) This: Sorry folks... we all have blood on our hands because we didn't think critically and didn't/don't hold our elected representatives respons...

June 19, 4:51pm

Re: Milk Powder Packaging and Shelf Life
"The fat-content in the milk powder is the same as leaving butter out on the counter or in your pantry (its the same type of fat in both instances)." I don't doubt you on the milk ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Milkman milk powder cases now available online
June 19, 4:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yikes!-Judging, part deux
"Doug, that they did not have deferments?" Rumsfeld was an active duty Navy pilot/instructor for three years after graduating Princeton. He was then a member of the Naval Ready Reserve...

June 19, 4:12pm

Re: Re: Re: yikes!
"Iraq had WMDs. We know this because we helped them get the chemical weapons they used against Iran and the Kurds. What's absolutely terrifying is that we have no idea where they are right...

June 19, 4:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yikes!-Judging, part deux
"Same goes for Rumsfeld and W. Bush." Regardless of how you spin it, that's simply not true.

June 19, 3:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: yikes!-Judging, part deux
"When a guy starts screaming and cussing, he is hard to take seriously. I find it hard to put much weight in a frothing at the mouth individual. Plus I'm pretty sure we know "why"...

June 19, 3:52pm

Re: Re: yikes!-Judging, part deux
"That guy is hard to take seriously with his childlike rant." Judging the work by the emotion/words used will lead to dismissal with regarding the facts. We stepped into it in Iraq ...

June 19, 11:50am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am