Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 181 - 190 of 7464 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...747

Forum » Thread

Re: USA vs Australia/ Rugby
http://articles.latimes.com/1993-04-09/sports/sp-20898_1_mater-dei :-)

In Photo Gallery » USA vs Australia/ Rugby
May 09, 5:58am

Re: Re: CRITICAL Information for iPhone users
"I wish Apple would put the GPS chip in their Touch or iPad Mini without phone capability." Doubtful. But that's where a Bad Elf dongle will work.

In GEAR » CRITICAL Information for iPhone users
May 08, 7:50am

Re: Oh the things you learn
Javelinas in southern Arizona, same thing I guess. I used to encounter them at times when running in the more remote areas of Fort Huachuca. We were always told to be wary as they could be quite ag...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » We talk a lot about bears. What about boars?
May 08, 6:58am

Re: Hilarious
Nothing like a good ole fashioned BPL dogpile to bring out the hyperbolic nastiness in people. Can't just disagree with Brett, no, we must instead belittle him, call him names, try to make him ...

In GEAR » Never buying from REI again
May 07, 9:17pm

Re: Amortization and Gear
I hate housecleaning. I mean, I really hate it. So I just don't do it. But that leads to very dirty floors. So recently, when my floor got too dirty (after 6 years), I tore it up and replaced i...

In GEAR » Gentrified?
May 07, 11:31am

Re: Re: Re: Invitation
He's a lightweight, a few drams and he'll sleep in the sink.

In Chaff » Invitation
May 07, 11:17am

Re: We talk a lot about bears. What about boars?
I just ignore their posts and threads, fortunately there aren't many of them here. Oh, boars. Never mind....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » We talk a lot about bears. What about boars?
May 07, 11:14am

Re: Re: CRITICAL Information for iPhone users
Great info Mitchell, thanks. Another thing the update did is break the passing of GPS data to some third-party dongles. I know it affected some Bad Elf products (but not all). There were a few o...

In GEAR » CRITICAL Information for iPhone users
May 07, 6:59am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Space
A bit more scotch tonight (I need to unwind from the last two weeks), I'm listening to Joni Mitchell's Shadows and Light. Her backing band for that concert included Jaco Pastorius, Pat Meth...

In Chaff » Space
May 06, 7:02pm

Re: EB?
Eddie Bauer, LL Bean

In GEAR » I'm ashamed of you, BPL'ers
May 06, 6:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am