BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 181 - 190 of 6416 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...642

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yikes!-Judging, part deux
"Same goes for Rumsfeld and W. Bush." Regardless of how you spin it, that's simply not true.

In Chaff » Glenn Beck admits "Liberals you were right" about Iraq War.
June 19, 3:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: yikes!-Judging, part deux
"When a guy starts screaming and cussing, he is hard to take seriously. I find it hard to put much weight in a frothing at the mouth individual. Plus I'm pretty sure we know "why"...

June 19, 3:52pm

Re: Re: yikes!-Judging, part deux
"That guy is hard to take seriously with his childlike rant." Judging the work by the emotion/words used will lead to dismissal with regarding the facts. We stepped into it in Iraq ...

June 19, 11:50am

Re: yikes!
Wow indeed. Brutally honest, from his perspective. Thanks for the link.

June 19, 8:41am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Peter Pan
"Hope all is well, Doug." Things are very well! Thanks. And they'll be better next week after my massage. I've got a continuing issue with my neck that I'm hoping he can he...

In Chaff » Peter Pan
June 19, 7:35am

Peter Pan
I'm sitting under a dark blue sky in my dining/computer room (I love my Hue lights! So much fun!) listening to Patty Griffin sing "Peter Pan" (such a melancholy song, one of my faves,...

In Chaff » Peter Pan
June 18, 7:32pm

Re: Creative way you dropped 1oz
"Hop on a scale holding a bottle of water. Now still on the scale,drink some of that water. Has the weight on your scale dropped ?" Yes! (Well, but that's because I'm quite s...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Creative way you dropped 1oz
June 18, 7:15pm

Re: Tent movies?
Meh. I backpack for a variety of reasons. Most of the time it's for the experience in nature, but not always. Sometimes, especially with a small group, it's just about having fun and enjoyi...

In GEAR » Tent movies?
June 18, 6:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Mike C!
"Yeah...ain't no thang until they show up to exterminate our species and colonize the entire planet…." To serve man! It's a cookbook! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

In Chaff » Mike C!
June 17, 8:10pm

Re: Mike C!
"Aliens, didn't see that coming." You're not supposed to, they hide really, really well...

In Chaff » Mike C!
June 17, 8:19am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am