Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 181 - 190 of 7322 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...733

Forum » Thread

Re: Winter overnight on the CT. Trip report challenge.
Nice Randy, thanks for sharing. Quite the view from your house! And what a wonderful hiking buddy you have there.

In Post-Trip Reports » Winter overnight on the CT. Trip report challenge.
February 27, 8:46pm

Re: Post Drift
"Did those cloning experiments finally pay off?" The tests are promising..... :-)

In Make Your Own Gear » Canopy fabric
February 27, 1:06pm

Canopy fabric
I have a canopy from a ShadeTech 10x10 canopy that I have no use for. It's this one, only in silver instead of blue: http://www.sportsauthority.com/Quik-Shade-Shade-Tech-II-ST100-10-x-10-Ins...

In Make Your Own Gear » Canopy fabric
February 27, 11:31am

Re: Re: Baking Soda Shampoo
"One of the points of no-poo is to slowly work your way to where you're only using baking soda once or twice per week." I work from home so I only shower once or twice a week. That...

In Multiple Use Gear » Baking Soda
February 26, 11:33am

Re: Re: The Smell
Never knew that Tom, thanks for the tip! Alternately, you can wear latex gloves while you're handling/cleaning the fish, and then close them up in an odor proof bag with your other garbage. ...

In Fishing » The Smell
February 25, 8:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Oliver Sacks Tributes
Thanks for those links Greg, really nice pieces.

In Chaff » Oliver Sacks has cancer
February 25, 8:34pm

Re: Names
"The Supercat stove does not." Wait! We're talking about stoves? Really? Darn, all this time I thought we were talking about our very own Kat, who knits hats, and while I could und...

In GEAR » Skurka and Sierra Designs team up for gear
February 25, 8:22pm

Re: The Legend of Skurka's Stove
This is not my fault. Blame George, he wanted to know the story. [to the tune of the Beverly Hillbillies theme] Let me tell you all a story ‘bout a stove named Supercat, It was invented by...

February 25, 6:11pm

Re: SD
David beat me to it! Thanks David!

February 25, 5:26pm

Re: 2.0 and done
Very nice work George. Looks gorgeous. Form and function, can't beat that!

In Make Your Own Gear » PDL pack frame.
February 25, 7:29am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am