Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 181 - 190 of 7581 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...759

Forum » Thread

Re: Bikepacking shorts with chamois
I ride Pearl Izumi Elites. Big fan of bib shorts as well.

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Bikepacking shorts with chamois
June 15, 12:23pm

Re: Re: Cobra and Abrams
"Apparently this is something you PJs did on a daily basis." You'd be amazed at what some people will bargain away for a picture or two.... Edit to add, next time we're toge...

In Chaff » BPL Exclusive!
June 15, 12:07pm

Re: Re: Hunch
"As a grunt in a former life, CAS platforms are near and dear to my heart." I got the opportunity to fly a Cobra helicopter in my time at Bragg - not just fly in one, but take the cont...

June 15, 11:32am

Re: Honesty is the Best Policy
I'm impressed you knew the Beach Boys one, that's the only one I had to look up (I'm old so I knew the rest). "That was fun. if you're going to thread hijack, I vote trivia ...

June 15, 10:16am

Re: Re: Re: Minority Rule & High School
Okay, how many did you know/figure out and how many did you have to look up?

June 15, 9:58am

Re: test2
this is fun!

In User Test Forum » test2
June 14, 9:45pm

Re: Test picture
If you're going to give us the answer it's not much of a test now, is it...

In User Test Forum » Test picture
June 14, 9:19pm

Re: Questioning "dry base layers for sleeping".
"Are there any flaws in this logic? I seems more practical to me. Yes, I know that a base layer is more comfortable next to skin than a nylon shell." I put on a light cuben top (and so...

In GEAR » Questioning "dry base layers for sleeping".
June 14, 9:16pm

Re: Re: Perspective Needed
Appreciate the edit.

In Chaff » A defense
June 14, 9:12pm

Re: Questioning "dry base layers for sleeping
"That is because when I go hiking I do it for fun, not to win races/cover miles/have the smallest kit. (I call my style "comfortably light" also known as not that light)" I g...

In GEAR » Questioning "dry base layers for sleeping".
June 14, 9:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am