Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 181 - 190 of 7194 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...720

Forum » Thread

FS: Bikes - MidAtlantic area (near DC)
Trek Madone 5.2, circa 2007 or 8. Keo pedals. Ridden a lot, but good condition. Ultegra. $700. Trek Superfly AL, 17.5", circa 2013. Ridden sparingly. Very good condition. XT back, not sure ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Bikes - MidAtlantic area (near DC)
February 07, 1:20pm

Re: Re: Serial podcast - appeal court grants hearing
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/07/serial-podcast-court-grants-adnan-syed-rare-hearing?CMP=share_btn_tw&CMP=edit_2221

In Chaff » Serial podcast
February 07, 12:12pm

Re: Re: Vest filled with rice
"Or try an electric seat. It makes a huge difference in a car" I love the heated seats in my car! I can also get by with it being pretty cold (but not -20) without having to turn on th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Vest filled with rice
February 07, 8:05am

Re: Re: Re: Vest filled with rice
"Inside temps of 60 are what I do wearing microfleece top and bottom with insulated jacket." I tried the jacket, but found it a bit too confining, which is why I started looking at the...

February 07, 8:03am

Re: Re: Vest filled with rice
"Our kids had teddy bear with a remove able pouch full of buckwheat." Hmmmm. Maybe I could just add pouches to the inside of the fleece vest I'm wearing at the moment, and then get...

February 06, 9:33pm

I’m Autistic, And Believe Me, It’s A Lot Better Than Measles
"Vaccines don’t cause autism. But even if they did, is being like me really a fate worse than death?" Interesting perspective on the vaccine/autism issue https://medium.com/the-ar...

In Chaff » I’m Autistic, And Believe Me, It’s A Lot Better Than Measles
February 06, 8:00pm

Canon reclaims resolution crown with 50-megapixel 5DS and 5DS R
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/02/canon-reclaims-resolution-crown-with-50-megapixel-5ds-and-5ds-r/ Canon has announced two new DSLRs based on the 5D body, the 5DS and 5DS R, both containing...

In Photography » Canon reclaims resolution crown with 50-megapixel 5DS and 5DS R
February 06, 5:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Almost
I'm figuring 45 minutes or so. Then back in the microwave!

February 06, 3:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: how much would you spend to save weight
"Doug probably hasn't weighed 105 pounds since he was about seven years old." Actually I was a real short, skinny kid til around 10 or 11. I think it was the pot that made me talle...

In GEAR » how much would you spend to save weight
February 06, 3:36pm

Re: Almost
Yeah, I saw those, but they don't quite get all the way there. And I want something that gets all the way there! :-)

February 06, 3:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am