BPL Community Profile

Steve S (idahosteve) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Idaho
About Me Left the climbing arena recently, and am now lightening my load in anticipation of wandering all over the high country!
StateIdaho
My Website URLhttp://www.getlostoffroad.com
My PDF Gear Listshr gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve S

Showing 181 - 190 of 286 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

fathers and sons
Great report; I also see the tale of the tape, as a young boy becomes a young man. These trips are really special times in all of our lives...

In Post-Trip Reports » Los Padres, Father and Son, 1/22-1/23
January 23, 11:28pm

Muir Trail Ranch closure
I had a wild hair last season, and was about to take a run at a JMT fastpack in Sept. When I called MTR, they told me that they would not be open, or have any re-supply available after Sept 19. Tha...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Closure dates?
January 18, 9:53am

UL Guyline and Plastic Quick Release Latches
I'd check out Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics as well..... they seem to have most of the buckles and latches....

In Make Your Own Gear » UL Guyline and Plastic Quick Release Latches
January 13, 9:25am

UT Salt Cr or ?
Interesting to note that even living in Idaho, with its close proximity to UT, I've never done any hiking in this southern desert. Usually I'm doing river trips in the early spring in the O...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » UT Salt Cr or ?
January 13, 8:20am

PLB
I am not planning on taking one. I will leave a detailed itinerary with my wife, including a track file with waypoints etc from TOPO of my intended route etc. This is something I do for all my trip...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » SHR ?'s and your thoughts.
January 12, 4:38pm

we raise layers
How fun is this! Had no idea there were more chicken folks on this site! We've raised layers for probably 6 years, along with a big garden, sometimes as big as a 1/4acre. We love the ladies and...

In Chaff » Any backyard chicken farmers out there?
January 12, 1:59pm

more planning
Well, seems like with the New Year the urge to start the planning in earnest begins! Was wondering about what the snowpack has been like in the Sierra, and if there have been any projections for t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » SHR ?'s and your thoughts.
January 12, 1:03pm

"convertible/zip-off pants suggestions?"
Another vote for the MH Mesa pants. I really like the waist belt and the microfiber liner at the waist. These pants don't get in the way of the waistbelt. All in all a lot of very good feature...

In GEAR » convertible/zip-off pants suggestions?
January 10, 5:39pm

spreading the word
as many know I have an ongoing gig here in Idaho where I do recreational articles for a local paper. I also have been starting to do a weekly blog for them as well. Most of the stuff will have some...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » I don't like Freezer Bag Cooking
January 06, 9:20am

Re: Re: Logan bread
Bob, yes, trying to figure out "how" you ate them eg "couple of squares for breakfast etc"... thanks for the help. Wanted to vacuum pack some for possible re-supply. Working ou...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Energy Bar recipes
December 31, 4:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Steve S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Snow Peak LiteMax
I decided to go with the cannister stove out of familarity instead of alcohol. I'm a new UL user, transitioning from a technical climbing background. The old MSR gas stoves were our mainstay for m...

In Stoves - Canister
July 12, 8:39am