BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 181 - 190 of 1583 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...159

Forum » Thread

August 2014: Packrafting and backpacking Wrangell-St. Elias
Who's flying you in? KEllis in Nabesna? Duane

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » August 2014: Packrafting and backpacking Wrangell-St. Elias
December 12, 11:24am

My Hexamid with SMD serenity net!
Billy Ray, That might be what I was wishing I could find. A BIG thank you, but I'll still wait a little. Man, a shelter getting into SUL territory. Stoked now. Maybe around 10oz. for a shelte...

In GEAR » My Hexamid with SMD serenity net!
December 11, 11:23am

I'm trying to hash over things. I am leaning towards another Hex tent or at least a tarp. Big decision, Pocket or Hex. The MLD Bug Bivy is a little lighter than the Serenity Net, just don'...

December 11, 9:01am

Dual Sport motorcycle luggage racks
I also rigged up a couple ABS plastic sewer pipe lengths to hold tools on my rear side racks instead of panniers. So far they have saved the bike from scratches associated with loosing my balance ...

In Other Activities » Dual Sport motorcycle luggage racks
December 10, 8:54pm

Weight, etc.
I have two belt pouches on my ZPacks Arc Blast, one never gets used. I got my new Zimmerbuilt pack in Xpac material, Chris talked me into it or gave me its particulars. My winter pack from him wi...

In GEAR » New Custom ZimmerBuilt Pack
December 10, 8:42pm

MSR Dragonfly for sale
I have a new DF and new pump for it. I believe I had lowered my price shipped to $90, I'll have to look at my post. PM has been sent. If you have another in mind, maybe someone will free up so...

In Gear Swap » WTB:gas stove
December 10, 11:29am

Michael L, I currently have no summer shelter, sold my old TT Squall, sold my one season Hex tent, sold my once set up SMD Skyscape X a week ago. An oz here and an oz there starts adding up, back...

December 10, 11:22am

Caldera Cone stove to pot spacing?
Dale, I'm away from my gear. I have three CC setups. Both the .9 and .6 pots have the same height cone. The .6 works very well too. Just a heads up incase you think there is a optimal heigh...

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera Cone stove to pot spacing?
December 09, 7:50pm

Sleeping on a cold night. How would you configure..
In the order you list them quilt last and hope that works. I'd say for the longer, winter nights, it may not be enough. I've been out in the *Fall with a 15F bag and needed my synthetic G...

In GEAR » Sleeping on a cold night. How would you configure..
December 09, 9:02am

"Light" gear list to shoot for?
Doug, you are going to have to give some ground if you want to lighten up. Also consider having the dog bring some gear, even though it is getting older. My dog bped up to the time he passed away...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Light" gear list to shoot for?
December 07, 9:30pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.