BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 181 - 190 of 1660 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...166

Forum » Thread

Very nice group
Nice to be able to talk to any vendor and have their attention, especially Lee from Trail Designs and Jon from Flat Cat Gear and his brownies. Many thanks to others who even came up to me and intr...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
January 26, 9:15pm

Zpacks
Stephen, thank you for the kudos on the ZPacks bag. I'm waiting for my bag to be delivered by the Postal Service, it went round and round in Sacramento for a week, but shows delivered now afte...

In GEAR » 3 season sleeping bag for Sierras
January 23, 6:48am

Cell phone
I don't have a cell phone and need to leave a # in case of an emergency. I PMed Ken, does anyone else have a phone that they could call my sis-in-law and leave a # that I can give her? We can...

January 22, 10:30pm

Re: dry California forest
I've been wanting to do that on my property for years, but don't think I have enough fall across my acre. They can only do so much lift. I'll have to opt for a solar pump to pump wate...

In Pre-Trip Planning » CA Drought and 2014 hiking season
January 22, 11:06am

Re: 70 people keeping warm around two propane fire pits
maybe I'll have beans for lunch or trail mix with lots of peanuts. Duane

January 22, 11:03am

Camp shoes
I lost a Croc in a stream crossing when one foot got stuck in a rock and when I pulled up, off it came and merrily floated away in the current. I even had the backstrap in place, just for that rea...

In GEAR » Camp shoes
January 22, 9:00am

no bag
Heck, I've been snow/snowless camping already this season with most nights in the teens and one sub zero night close to Carson Pass. I'll just sleep on a gc in my shorts since Henry Coe wi...

January 22, 8:55am

Loaded for beer
HJ, I'll be hitting it hard Friday and Saturday, I'm bringing three SN Celebration Ales, stand back. :) Ken is hauling my chair. Who has the ice concession? I can't quite wrap around ...

January 21, 2:00pm

Google Map for Henry Coe State Park
I had issues too, until I went with a different source and came up with the E Dunne Rd. Fewer points to check in my 5 hour drive. Still need to get a newer CA map in case I end up in downtown Fre...

January 21, 11:09am

MSR pump failure
I can see you not being confident in MSR then. They have sold tons of stoves and back all their equipment. If looking at similar type stoves, be aware some have a tiny filter somewhere in the fue...

In GEAR » MSR white gas stove pump failure
January 21, 6:55am

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.