Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dan Magdoff (highsierraguy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Dan Magdoff has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My PDF Gear Listupdated gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Magdoff

Showing 181 - 190 of 455 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...46

Forum » Thread

thanks
Thanks everyone, that all makes total sense. SO I use a thermorest prolite plus. I am always warm with it for three season use. I am hoping to get into some snow trips this season. Would that p...

In GEAR » R- value?
November 07, 3:31pm

R- value?
Could someone please explain what exactly the R-vaule for a pad means? Thanks Dan

In GEAR » R- value?
November 07, 11:27am

big sur
Check out Willow Creek if you had more time, id say head up to Sykes..but ya want at least two night for that to make it worth it.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Big Sur - over nighter
November 03, 9:37pm

talked to SD
So.....They dont have any of the tent model fly's in stock, but I was told I can soak the fly in cool water with detergent and clean off the old waterproof sealant, and then reapply a new one s...

In GEAR » Fly of tent sticking to itsself
September 28, 1:18pm

contacting SD
ya I tried to call them earlier today, but they were already closed. Ill have to call tomorrow

September 27, 6:53pm

Fly of tent sticking to itsself
hey everyone So,I have a pretty old Sierra Designs 3 season tent. its not my go to tent now, but I do bust it out every now and then when I know I am gonna be in some rougher weather, or just nee...

September 27, 4:09pm

stoves in snow
I have a pocket rocket stove. How do canister stoves like that perform in cold weather?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking in the snow
September 11, 2:48am

fires
hey all The idea of a fire was not so much for the warmth, I just love sitting by a fire at night when I am in the back country. But from all the replies, it doesnt seem to worth it. SO how ma...

September 09, 4:34pm

sweet...thanks!
Well thanks everyone for the helpful replies....I am pretty stoked to get out there this winter! SOunds like the main things I need to get are another sleeping pad and a good snow shovel. If I ...

September 08, 1:01pm

is this for real?
This has to be one of the most ridiculous threads I have read on here in a long time. Sounds like Eric is just trying to get attention and wants everyone to think he is super bad-ass and hardcore....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » If yr gear aint trashed ...
September 08, 12:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Magdoff

Dan Magdoff has posted no reviews.