BPL Community Profile

Dan Magdoff (highsierraguy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Dan Magdoff has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My PDF Gear Listupdated gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Magdoff

Showing 181 - 190 of 381 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...39

Forum » Thread

Gear for Juneau Alaska
hey everyone! So I made a comment about this in another thread, but figured I would post my own thread to see if I can get some more responses. I am going to be backpacking and kayaking out of ...

In GEAR » Gear for Juneau Alaska
January 24, 9:11pm

Alaska in August
So I am doing my first trip to Alaska this summer as well, but I am going to be going out of Juneau, and more towards the beginning/ middle of August. For that time and area, would you recommend...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking gear recommendations for Alaska in August - Denali and Kenai Peninsula
January 22, 11:53pm

Haglofs
I could also be interested in the Haglofs bags, but I havent been able to find much information about them online....

In Gear Swap » A small closet clearing
January 18, 12:39pm

sending PM
sending a PM for the McKinley bag and bag linner

In Gear Swap » A small closet clearing
January 18, 12:21pm

MTR
I know the people that own the MTR and have worked up there on and off. When they close (or open) for that matter all depends on the snow season. They want to stay open as long as possible to ma...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Closure dates?
January 18, 12:09pm

microspikes
Hey everyone! So, this summer I am going to be working up in the high sierras. I am planning on getting up there early as possible in the season before I start working to get some hiking in. I h...

In GEAR » microspikes
January 16, 2:20pm

plain rock
Ya I have always just used a plain rock and tied the rope directly to it. But I have seen rock bags mentioned before so I was just looking into it. I guess ill just stick with tieing it directly ...

In GEAR » rock bag recommendations
January 15, 5:49pm

rock bag recommendations
Hey all, wondering if any of you can recommend a good bag to use as a rock bag for a bear bag system. I feel like most bags would get snagged on branches or something and tare. Are there particul...

In GEAR » rock bag recommendations
January 15, 1:11pm

muir cabin?
Mark You mentioned "Muir Cabin"....where is that? and what exactly is it?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best Sierra Hike in 7 days.
January 13, 11:41pm

Bear creek to muir trail ranch
One of my favorite spots is in the John Muir Wilderness. You start by going up bear creek, and intersect with the JMT. Cruise along the JMT and you can cut off to hit a ton of spots like seven gab...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best Sierra Hike in 7 days.
January 13, 10:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Magdoff

Dan Magdoff has posted no reviews.