Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Gustafson (gustafsj) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Minneapolis
About Me Grew up family car/boat camping and then Boundary Waters camping starting in my teen years and into upper 20s. Took up backpacking around 30 and in 2006 started having knee problems which quickly put me down the road to lightweight backpacking... the transition is still ongoing and obsessively addictive even though I have pretty much resolved my knee problems.
Cityminneapolis
Statemn
Countryusa
My Website URLhttp://treklightly.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear ListGear List - 3 day - Minus 20F

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Gustafson

Showing 181 - 190 of 406 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...41

Forum » Thread

re: FS: SMD Wild Oasis
PM Sent

In Gear Swap » FS: SMD Wild Oasis
April 25, 6:39am

600 ti-tri
pm on 600 ti-tri

In Gear Swap » Spring closet sale - TiTri
April 24, 11:58am

re: FS: Aborted SUL Momentum/Cuben Bivy
PM sent on bivy

In Gear Swap » FS: Aborted SUL Momentum/Cuben Bivy
April 24, 8:41am

re: Which footwear for wet cold weekend?
My most recent trip I was wading through wet snow and cold water for much of the first day and a little of the second. I was wearing my Inov8 Roclite 295's, a REI Merino Wool liner sock and a ...

In GEAR » Which footwear for wet cold weekend?
April 16, 11:54am

re: Ohm vs Mariposa plus?
+1 on the 25 lbs max for the Ohm. Unless you can carry most of that on your shoulders. From my limited experience, the belt on the Ohm is more designed to stabilize the pack and not carry much we...

In GEAR » Ohm vs Mariposa plus?
April 16, 11:41am

Winter camping more spring-like on the Superior Hiking Trail
I apologize as I am very delinquent at getting this out, but here is my trip report from the Superior Hiking Trail the weekend of March 12-14th. I forgot to charge the battery on my camera, took t...

In Post-Trip Reports » Winter camping more spring-like on the Superior Hiking Trail
April 15, 3:21pm

Re: Cloudveil Cool Convertible Pants
The covert ones are the dark ones. I got mine late last fall, so I can not speak for hot weather hiking. They do have ankle zips and are obviously convertible to shorts, so it would be easy to ve...

In GEAR » Perfectionist looking for the perfect hiking pants...
April 13, 7:30am

Alaska-Yukon Expedition: Finally Into the Wilderness, the Most Challenging Terrain Begins Now
Another National Geographic blog post... Alaska-Yukon Expedition: Finally Into the Wilderness, the Most Challenging Terrain Begins Now

In Post-Trip Reports » Andrew Skurka's trip?
April 12, 7:59am

Cloudveil Cool Convertible Pants
These are a great straight leg pant. I had a couple pair of REI Sahara pants and I like these so much better. The Cloudveil pants don't have the MC Hammer look and don't have the huge bal...

In GEAR » Perfectionist looking for the perfect hiking pants...
April 12, 7:00am

Re: Alaska-Yukon Expedition: From the Bering Sea to (Almost) the Alaska Range
Sorry about that... didn't think it would be a problem to copy as long as I referenced the source. Will post a link in the future. Enjoy your rest day!!

In Post-Trip Reports » Andrew Skurka's trip?
April 09, 7:00am

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Gustafson

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Hardware Quark Rain Jacket
From REI Website: * The Quark is made from Incite™ printed nylon tricot with a Conduit™ waterproof, breathable 2.5-layer laminate * zWeld™ construction eliminates stitching and taping, which reduces...

In Clothing - Raingear
June 06, 10:45am