Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gregory Petliski (gregpphoto) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Gregory Petliski hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Gregory Petliski has not added a biography yet.
StateNew Jersey
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://gregpphoto.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gregory Petliski

Showing 181 - 190 of 220 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Re: Moosejaw
"Everything is listed at MSRP on MJ." No, it isn't, hence this thread. They may indeed price match, but they have a knife MSRPd at $60 when the company that makes the knife has it ...

In Gear Deals » Moosejaw - the anti-sale
March 15, 1:19pm

RE
I can tell you enjoy what you do, and that you put effort into it. You got the basics down, composition, exposure, etc. Now refine it, make it more and more epic. Also, a circular polarizer will he...

In Photography » Photography Portfolio
March 15, 11:51am

RE
I'm looking at the Panasonic GF2 w/ 14mm lens to replace my full throttle 50D w/ 17-40L for hiking. With lens (which is interchangable and = to about 25mm on a 35mm system), its about 12 oz. My...

In Photography » Lightwt camera w RAW and carry case
March 15, 11:46am

RE
Thanks guys. I have read the NOLS pages, as well as a hundred other articles on lightning safety. I know the basics. As far as reading the clouds and the weather, it gets tricky in the mountains; t...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lightning Safety
March 15, 12:35am

Lightning Safety
Question for all the knowledgable minds here. Say you're a good 500 feet or more above the tree line when an unexpected t-storm pops overhead. Run for low ground or squat and pray where you are...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lightning Safety
March 14, 5:36pm

re
For dinky local "hikes" in central NJ i used to take a photo of the map (I'm a photographer so the camera is with me on every hike). Hows THAT for light weight, we're talking pixe...

In Philosophy & Technique » Where to keep the map while walking?
March 14, 5:33pm

RE
Yea, thought of that. Just got back from the depot, and a guy who camps told me the best and easiest is just a bandana, and I agree with him.

In Make Your Own Gear » Heat resistant dust tape
March 12, 10:59am

Moosejaw - the anti-sale
Browsing Moosejaw, thinking theyre cool, till I see a knife from Kershaw for $60 that Kershaw themselves MSRPs for $30. I keep looking around, and a lot of the gear they have is over priced. What g...

In Gear Deals » Moosejaw - the anti-sale
March 12, 10:02am

Re
Maybe even make a small plastic mold to squeeze the caulk into so it forms a more cylindrical shape around the handles? Then again, I wouldnt even need to cover the entire length of the handle; I o...

March 12, 9:59am

Heat resistant dust tape
I bought a titanium pot from Backcountry, their own model on sale for $25, not bad. Only thing is handles are bare. I was thinking heat resistant duct tape would work, anyone have experience with i...

March 12, 8:43am

All Reader Reviews by Gregory Petliski

Gregory Petliski has posted no reviews.