Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gregory Petliski (gregpphoto) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Gregory Petliski hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Gregory Petliski has not added a biography yet.
StateNew Jersey
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://gregpphoto.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gregory Petliski

Showing 181 - 190 of 208 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

re: How do you actually hike/ spend your time hiking?
God, so much. And I've been guilty in the past, luckily theres always been great people to show me the correct way to do things. I once walked two miles in the dark (each way) to deposit foo...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bad Behavior
March 11, 10:18am

Re: How do you actually hike/ spend your time hiking?
Eyes glued to the ground.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do you actually hike/ spend your time hiking?
March 08, 11:21am

Re: Feeling like an impostor these days
Think you're bad? I hiked and camped a total of seven days in 2010 (including a Northville Placid Attempt that ended five miles in due to partner's injured ankle). Shoot me.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Feeling like an impostor these days
March 08, 11:19am

Re: Re: health
"Like the fanciful drawings of a bunch of tiny humans with stone-tipped spears trying to bring down a huge woolly mammoth." Not sure what you are implying, but mammoth (along their for...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
February 27, 11:31am

RE
Two months and he's still in the first state of the first trail? Game over, enjoy the hike but know theres no way he's doing all four trails in one year. But even if it takes the rest of hi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
February 27, 11:25am

RE
I treat ALL water in the backcountry. Being miles from help, and alone, is no place to be getting Giardia or other dysentary type illnesses.

In Philosophy & Technique » Drinking Water for Hiking: Myths and Facts
February 24, 10:18am

RE
Sure, its human nature to explore. Its also human nature to survive. I'm sure first nation peoples visited mountaintops, but also regarded such places as dangerous, and would prefer to be in an...

In GEAR » Boots boots boots? help!
February 23, 2:38pm

RE
I know there is more collective hiking experience in this thread than years I've been alive, but I just do not see how low tops can provide as much ankle support as a boot that comes above the ...

In GEAR » Boots boots boots? help!
February 23, 11:32am

Re
A pith helmet, thats rad!

In GEAR » Hat instead of sunscreen?
February 23, 11:03am

RE
Hey Laurie Ann, is that the GSI lexan bowl? Love that thing 2.2 oz! I use the freezer bag method for cooking and eating, cuz for me, eating is a necessity, not a joy (even though strangely I'...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » I don't like Freezer Bag Cooking
February 22, 2:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Gregory Petliski

Gregory Petliski has posted no reviews.