BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 181 - 190 of 4601 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...461

Forum » Thread

Re: ULA's take
"...the new, poly faced fabric, ... It's incredibly tough..." Well, that would make a huge improvement to durability. "...and a bunch were used on Andrew Skurka's...

In GEAR » Anyone used the same piece of cuben gear for more than one thru-hike?
February 03, 8:19am

Re: Re: Re: Please don't delete
Does this imply you will no longer post the "cat of the day" here? ...wimper

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
February 03, 8:05am

Re: Re: THE PCT... FOR ME?
Twenty miles a day is Very doable. Times 90 days is 1800 miles. Pick the best 2000 miles and go for it. Kennedy Meadows to somewhere in Washington? (I'm not a big fan of the desert. YMMV...

In Philosophy & Technique » THE PCT... FOR ME?
February 02, 8:58pm

Re: keeping shorts clean
Wash a pair every night and let them dry, into the next day if necessary. "Chamois Butt'r" washes out with regular soap and water.

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » keeping shorts clean
February 02, 8:47pm

Re: velcro attachment requires attention to detail
"I'd love to use the Dirty Girl gaiters just for the funk factor, but I just could not get the Velcro patch to stay glued to my shoes." For my first several pair I cleaned the shoe...

In GEAR » gaiters
February 02, 7:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Help me pick a computer
YouTube " ipad move photos to thumb drive" One of many - Photo transfers edit: forgot ipad in search terms edit: the ifile app is the magic piece that makes this work. ...

In Other Activities » Help me pick a computer
February 02, 4:18pm

Re: gaiters
Eric, Not mentioned, but possibly important - Most gaiters use a lace hook in front and an instep cord to keep the gaiter in place. The cord will wear and break, sometimes quickly. If you go wi...

In GEAR » gaiters
February 02, 9:41am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Coghlans vs MSR Groundhog
I took Coghlans and Groundhogs on the same trip. The Coghlans died, Groundhogs are still in use. YMMV.

In GEAR » Coghlans vs MSR Groundhog
February 02, 8:51am

Re: Re: Re: gaiters
Dirty Girl... ...just a few...and basic Black, if you'd like.

In GEAR » gaiters
February 01, 7:16pm

Re: Integrated groundsheet with tent, What material do you recommend?
An advantage to silnylon is that When you develop pinholes/leaks you can just re-paint it with diluted silicone, at about 1 ounce per re-coat.

In Make Your Own Gear » Integrated groundsheet with tent, What material do you recommend?
February 01, 7:09am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm