BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 181 - 190 of 4594 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...460

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Coghlans vs MSR Groundhog
I took Coghlans and Groundhogs on the same trip. The Coghlans died, Groundhogs are still in use. YMMV.

In GEAR » Coghlans vs MSR Groundhog
February 02, 8:51am

Re: Re: Re: gaiters
Dirty Girl... ...just a few...and basic Black, if you'd like.

In GEAR » gaiters
February 01, 7:16pm

Re: Integrated groundsheet with tent, What material do you recommend?
An advantage to silnylon is that When you develop pinholes/leaks you can just re-paint it with diluted silicone, at about 1 ounce per re-coat.

In Make Your Own Gear » Integrated groundsheet with tent, What material do you recommend?
February 01, 7:09am

Re: Re: Re: Re: lines and stakes
For the LineLoc3 I show ABOVE, 3mm cord is bombproof, wet or dry. The Mini/Micro-LineLock ... ...that is sometimes referenced, goes at the stake end to eliminate knots there. It can use a ...

In GEAR » lines and stakes
January 31, 9:05pm

SOLD: Reflective cord
Sold.

In Gear Swap » Reflective Cord
January 31, 7:21pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: REI Responds -
+1 on CandlePower Forums. WAGs are quickly "torched". Hard data is highly revered. But you have to put in the time to find it, and to look past the first search result, as t...

In GEAR » Excellent headlamp review and deceptive advertising
January 31, 4:57pm

Re: Re: lines and stakes
No knots (in the field) required - I attach a LineLock3 to my tarp, ... and have a permanent loop in the "stake end" of the cord. Nothing to untie/untangle/reset for the pi...

In GEAR » lines and stakes
January 31, 4:48pm

FS: Reflective Cord
... shameless bump

In Gear Swap » Reflective Cord
January 31, 4:34pm

Re: REI Responds -
Dear Greg, Thank you for your note about the customer-facing information and headlamp testing from OutdoorGearLab. We appreciate the time they took to research the battery run times of the ve...

January 30, 4:56pm

Re: re Excellent headlamp review and deceptive advertising
"Will get a note off to REI. They are held to a higher standard." As did I, with a link and two lines - ("Contact Us" is at the bottom right under "HELP".) http:...

January 30, 12:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm