Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 181 - 190 of 5220 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...522

Forum » Thread

Re: for Greg
"OK, so why is less better? Compression of the down aside - why not wear a bunch of clothes?" Clothes can be an excellent supplement to a "light" sleeping bag, but not nece...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thermodynamics with down
August 11, 10:45am

Re: Re: Dense calorie brick
Ralph, These are the PowerBar Harvest Energy Bars that work for me - They are 104 or 109 calories per ounce, and pretty close to 70/15/15. (For comparison, I find ProBar Meal bars to...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Tiny dense calorie brick
August 11, 10:27am

Re: Thermodynamics with down
"I'm trying to understand why it might be true that less clothing worn in a sleeping bag helps you stay warmer" That depends on how your body fills the bag. If the bag is to big f...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thermodynamics with down
August 11, 9:38am

Re: Re: Dense calorie brick
Another MYO Bars

August 11, 7:23am

Re: If no trade for Duplex or Soto Windmaster by next Sunday will list items for sale
Nice to see your face again. Glad you're still out in the woods...

In Gear Swap » WTT: Zpacks Hexamid Duplex TARP for JetBoil Sol Al, 16 oz Hennessy Hammock, 11 oz MLD sleeping bag, etc.
August 10, 3:04pm

Re: Dense calorie brick
I see 2 bars per serving for 640 calories, or 320 calories per 2.8 oz bar, at~ $2/bar. Similar in calories, weight, and cost to ProBar Meal bar. [Edit: Damn! What a bunch of fact checke...

August 10, 2:13pm

Re: Re: Any reason not to buy a Fast Find Ranger PLB?
I'm sure you did the math, but perhaps others didn't .... $180/5 years = $36 $250/7 years = $35

In GEAR » Any reason not to buy a Fast Find Ranger PLB?
August 09, 4:18pm

Re: Miles
Derrick - Nice evaluation! Especially when accompanied with the damage report for the other gear. Thanks.

In GEAR » HMG Porter 4400 for most uses?
August 09, 12:49pm

Re: What is the best way to have Map handy
I have the ULA Ohm. My Harrison maps for the day, in a ziplock, go into the side pocket along with the water bottle. I can extract and stow with no problems. (Your Range of Motion May Vary.)

In GEAR » What is the best way to have Map handy
August 09, 12:45pm

Re: Any reason not to buy a Fast Find Ranger PLB?"
The Ocean Signal rescueMe Personal Locator Beacon is smaller, lighter, and has a 7 year battery. But, it's also more expensive at $250

In GEAR » Any reason not to buy a Fast Find Ranger PLB?
August 09, 11:36am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm