BPL Community Profile

Stephen Barber (grampa) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Stephen Barber has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Barber

Showing 181 - 190 of 1283 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...129

Forum » Thread

Tips and Trips
Have a great trip, Ben!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tips to convince wife to let me go solo and still be around when I come back...
September 02, 2:16pm

re: Cricket inner in Duomid
Brian is correct. Other than the low fabric barrier, the Cricket is identical to the MLD solo inner. It works just fine in the Duo.

In GEAR » Cricket inner in Duomid
September 02, 8:26am

re: Things we did while mom was gone
Delightful! And your girls will remember this with joy the rest of their lives!

In Post-Trip Reports » Things we did while mom was gone
September 02, 8:21am

Tips
" She does understand the importance for Craig to go hiking and how these trips make him whole, and when he returns he is an even better father and husband." This is exactly what I mea...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tips to convince wife to let me go solo and still be around when I come back...
September 01, 9:16pm

from Eugene
Inland from Eugene are the Three Sisters, including a "glass" (obsidian) mountain (cliff). Or head north from there towards Mt. Jefferson. All great hiking country. Thumbs up on the Ro...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Must do backpack between Eugene and Santa Cruz ....??
August 30, 10:13pm

Tips
Not a tip for how to convince your wife about letting you solo backpack, more of a tip to developing your relationship with your wife: What is truly good for one partner is good for the other. L...

August 30, 10:00pm

Big Star & grandkids
This will be an excellent tarp when out with my grandkids! I can hardly wait!

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Laurel Designs TrailStar Shelter Review
August 29, 6:11pm

Bivy inside a Mid
I use a MLD superlight bivy with the bug head covering in my Duo and Cricket. (If I expect really bad bug situation, I'll use an inner net). The bivy protects from wet ground, splash, wind unde...

In GEAR » Bivy inside a Mid Shelter or Ground Sheet?
August 29, 12:21pm

re: Re: Bear learns how to crack Garcia cans at Yosemite
"But some bears are not easily chased away, and persist in their business of trying to get the food despite yelling, banging, etc. What then? They are smart, and presumably some eventually lea...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear learns how to crack Garcia cans at Yosemite
August 28, 10:19am

Multiple events
Dean, the word I got was the bear has done this repeatedly. Thus the Park hiring someone to target that particular bear. They wouldn't do that for a single incident.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear learns how to crack Garcia cans at Yosemite
August 27, 2:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Barber

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

SmarTube Drinking System for Bottles
Since having a hydration bladder spring a leak inside my pack, I have avoided all such bladders. I stuck to simple water bottles until a couple of years ago when I ran across the SmarTube - a drinking...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
May 13, 1:33pm

ZPacks Sleeping Bag 40* and 20*
This is the side sleepers dream bag! The bags are filled with 900 fill power goose down, outer shell is green .95 oz/sq yd Pertex Quantum ripstop nylon, and the liner is black .67 oz/sq yd nylon. ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
July 25, 9:25pm

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad
Upon receipt of the pad, I inflated it to sleeping firmness, and stood it up against the bookcase. An hour later it looked rather soft; three hours later it was in a pile on the floor. Brand new, and ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
January 24, 11:49pm

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've purchased from Lawson on several different occasions. I've always gotten excellent service, fast shipping (especially considering I live clear across the country!), and good interaction v...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 11:47am

ULA Catalyst
I've spent the last two years trying to find a pack that is both light and comfortable, ie, transfers weight to the hip bones well. To date, i had found packs that were only one but not the other ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
June 04, 8:11pm

Bushbuddy "Ultra" (BPL/Ryan Jordan/Arctic 1000 Version) Wood Stove
I was able to pick up a Bushbuddy Ti used, and can't imagine why anyone would want to get rid of one! I used it repeatedly this summer and have been absolutely delighted with it! It is probably...

In Stoves - Other
August 18, 11:59am