BPL Community Profile

Greg Lewis (gpl916) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale PNW
About Me I am relatively new to backpacking. I did some in high school, which was a long time ago, and just started again. I find that the UL style blends with many of my interests which include adventure racing, mountain biking,road biking, kayaking, sailing, and of course backpacking. I like to think of myself as an adventurer rather than one hobby or another. Of course, the kids have kept that in check over the last few years. I have some catching up to do!
CityKirkland
StateWA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.kirkland360.com
My PDF Gear ListGrand canyon four day

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Lewis

Showing 181 - 190 of 226 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Re: shine
'cause shipping to Seattle would be too expensive! gl

In Make Your Own Gear » Gram Weenie stove
February 13, 5:15pm

Hmmmm
I added another gallon to my order to see what I would save and the total was $34.24 for 2 gallons. So $16 for the E95 and $18.24 for the shipping. Essentially I would save $6 in shipping by orderi...

February 13, 4:15pm

Re; water
Travis, Let me know how that works out. greg

February 13, 4:03pm

shipping
Hi Anna, I was just on the website to figure that out. To get 1 gal to Seattle is $12 shipping. So $20 for a gallon of E95 as opposed to about $30 per liter for the Everclear. Not a bad deal unl...

February 13, 4:02pm

water
Travis, Yes, according to the article up to 25% water can be added to help control the flame so that the heat is not all wasted up the side of the narrow pot. That in theory seems like a good idea...

February 13, 3:44pm

Re; wine chateua
Hi Anna, I just saw their website. There was another one that was a little cheaper too. But you are right, the shipping is $$. While looking I came across an interesting alternative- Race fue...

February 13, 3:18pm

Everclear
Anna, I did not know you could order it. I assume a quick search online will reveal sources. Does anyone else want some 190 Everclear in WA? Thanks. Travis, I have been meaning to join for aw...

February 13, 1:59pm

PM sent
pm sent on the Reeds Greg

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite Reed pants
February 13, 1:38pm

Hi Roger, I just became a member today- and the first thing i did (after the post above) was look up the articles on stove fuel. Good info. I went to the liquor store here to pick up some evercl...

February 12, 8:17pm

HEET
Thanks Greg, So, it looks like yellow HEET would be the best in terms of performance. It is greater than 99% methanol, and 1% proprietary ingredients. Everclear would be 95% ethyl, plus water...

February 12, 6:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Lewis

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hermits Hut
I would caution anyone doing business with this company. I ordered a GoLight Ion on 2/18. They ran my card on 2/19. They didn't call until a week later and said that it was no longer available...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 05, 5:31pm