BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 181 - 190 of 1415 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...142

Forum » Thread

Re: Josh Garrett
Not sure what the debate is..... The articles that I read seems quite clear that Josh had prearranged food at trailheads. That puts it as a supported hike and Anish would have the unsupported reco...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Pacific Coast Trail Record
August 08, 6:52pm

Re: Re: MYOG Waterproof Bivy questions.
"Condensation, condensation, condensation. Utterly unavoidable when it is cold. Cheers" Depends on what you call cold. If it is below 40f then I have good experience with VB cloth...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Waterproof Bivy questions.
August 08, 4:48pm

Three records in a week.
Anish is expected to finish tonight, Matt Kirk should be finishing the AT any second and the JMT record went down in flames. What an incredible week to push the bounds of human endurance athletics.

August 07, 7:44pm

Re: Re: New Pacific Coast Trail Record
“My day starts at 5 am. I will walk all day at 3 mph, stopping only to get water, dump sand from my shoes or such. Each stop lasts but a few minutes. I walk until the miles pile up, until night f...

August 07, 3:49pm

Records.
Women will have the AT supported, PCT unsupported and supported (unsupported also counts as supported.). Any minute Matt Kirk is expected to arrive at Springer thus setting a new AT unsupported rec...

August 07, 3:45pm

Re: Pounds of food and calories per day?
For short duration trips it is 100 calories per mile + 500 for recovery at days end. So for 30mpd that is 3500 calories and for 40mpd it would be 4500 calories Using an average density of 120cal...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pounds of food and calories per day?
August 07, 11:43am

Gtx
Gtx keeps dust and sand out of shoes much better than it does water. You decide if it is worth the negatives.

In GEAR » Ultralight trail runners that DON'T leak dust?
August 06, 6:25pm

Very Impressive
Any way you cut it, this is a very impressive athletic achievement. I also am intrigued by the mental breakdown that has been reported by many of the JMT attempts. It just too bad that folks ha...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New JMT Speed Record
August 06, 3:59pm

Re: Re: Backpacking on calorie deficit and ideal energy distribution...
Thanks Greg for again saving my fingers from typing what you wrote above. To that I will add...... The 31 calorie per lb. can't now be correct universally and more particularly for me. If ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking on calorie deficit and ideal energy distribution...
August 06, 1:13pm

Spam
And maltodextrin.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Is there something you eat in the backcountry that you don't eat otherwise?
August 06, 6:13am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.