BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 181 - 190 of 1451 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...146

Forum » Thread

Pct
Start - 24lb (8lb food, 8 lb gear and 8lb water) Could have started with less water. End - about the same, had the exact same gear. Heaviest - leaving Kennedy Meadows ( 9 lb gear, 21 lb. food. 2 ...

In GEAR » Thru-hiker poll: what was your average carried pack weight?
September 09, 5:55am

Compromise
This looks like a classic case of a compromise, marginal at everything, great at nothing. There is minimal bug protection, likely condensation from true waterproof lower end of the bivy and heavy ...

In GEAR » Unusual tarp/bivy combo
September 07, 10:17am

Depends
I normally carry an iPhone but also a small iPod shuffle. That combination works nice because I can either shuffle through the songs or play specific songs on the iPhone. The iPod allows me to ke...

In GEAR » whats the best trail mp3 player?
September 04, 5:28pm

Re: xtherm
"this is why although I'm continually tempted to shave the 8oz for an xlite torso, that I've stuck with the full lenth neo air xtherm as my all season pad. " This is exactly wh...

In GEAR » Torso only pads, Yay or Nay?
September 03, 3:56pm

Re: Re: "Tips to convince wife to let me go solo and still be around when I come back..."
"And I'd be really surprised if the rest of you don't ever compromise on anything with your wives. " No doubt there is compromise. If there wasn't I would have already thr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tips to convince wife to let me go solo and still be around when I come back...
September 02, 6:07pm

Re: Read This
"Today BPL member Craig W posted a solo trip report. I know him well, we have done several trips together. Below is a link to a post in his blog made by his wife. http://sweepingthegarden....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tips to convince wife to let me go solo and still be around when I come back...
September 01, 8:15pm

Volume
The only reason that the definition becomes important is in the requirements of the pack. (Do you approach the problem from a BPing or running standpoint.) If this is multiday then you essentially...

In GEAR » a good fastpack?
September 01, 9:31am

Let you?
Really?

August 31, 8:21pm

Re: a good fastpack?
I would disagree with your definition of a fast pack. I doubt many run significant miles. However having said that..... I have used an MLD Burn for my fast packing (either definition) and have be...

In GEAR » a good fastpack?
August 31, 1:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: re: food planning
" I have omitted the trace amount of lecithin and all the micro ingredients" +1. Lecithin is yucky!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How Much Extra Food? If Any?
August 28, 6:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.