Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 181 - 190 of 1478 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...148

Forum » Thread

Support crew
I would lean toward a trimmed wet suit. But, this isn't exactly my sort of type 2 fun. However, since this is halfway close to me, let me know if you need a support crew. I am up for that!

In Philosophy & Technique » Warmth in True Wetness
October 30, 7:29pm

Anticipation.
The nervous excitement begins. Should be a lot easier pre planning than last year since I know a bit more what to expect. I will take a bit more time than last year to take advantage of being in ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2014 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open: Marias Pass to Monture Creek
October 27, 3:03pm

Re: Re: Dark or bittersweet chocolate recommendation please.
"Whatever happened to the Tropical Hersey Bar that we had 25 years ago? It would not melt on a bet." Let me see if I can find out. I have "inside sources"

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dark or bittersweet chocolate recommendation please.
October 21, 5:56am

Smokes.
I did a trip that ended at Newfound Gap last December. Here is an example of the crazy weather. day 4 - enter park from eat side on AT. dress - shorts and running shoes. By noon it started raini...

In Gear Lists » Smoky Mountain Winter Gear List.... Help Please!!!
October 21, 5:12am

My Name is Malto
And I have a problem. I keep trying to take a rest day but I keep finding myself working out anyway. I am starting to find running is like crack. The good news is that after several years of hat...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
October 19, 7:58pm

Not yosemite
But if you enough time to get to the Onion Valley trailhead you could head into the heart of SEKI. But check the weather first. I have done fall trips out of yosemite valley via the JMT. You...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Help with a quick Yosemite trip
October 19, 7:48pm

Another possibility
I have only had blisters on my toes when hiking on very dusty trail when my feet get covered in grit. In that case I have been able to avoid those blisters by keeping my feet cleaner.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to prevent blisters between my third and fourth toes...
October 12, 5:27am

Re: Re: Re: Let's hope things turn out as well for other hikers still out there
Colter, Great analogy about Andrea being the "worried PCT mom". I emailed a link to the journal linked above to a very experienced thru hiker. His response was "Is that a journal of...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hikers in trouble on Pacific Crest Trail
October 10, 5:45pm

Re: Let's hope things turn out as well for other hikers still out there
Here's what Andrea Dinsmore said on the PCT-L. Words from a long time Trail Angel who has watched for years what can happen to late-season PCT hikers: I believe educating the PCT hikers on w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hikers in trouble on Pacific Crest Trail
October 10, 11:28am

Evil Malto
Will find a closed section of the AT this weekend to trail run in a show of civil disobedience. I am amazed at the level of stupidity of this whole thing. You go to the wilderness to escape stupi...

In Pre-Trip Planning » park closures... insanity... time for civil disobediance?
October 10, 9:22am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.