Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gabe Joyes (gabe_joyes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Lander, WY
About Me I live at the base of the Wind River Range in Wyoming with my wife and dog. I love to hike all over the Greater Yellowstone area. Our goal is to lighten our packs so that we can go as far as we can, as fast as we can. I currently work for an alternative high school and NOLS.
CityLander
StateWY
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gabe Joyes

Showing 181 - 190 of 240 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

longer down jacket
Any recommendations for a down sweater that has a longer torso length? I'm not tall at all (5'8" and about 150-155), I apparently just have a long body. I currently have a The North F...

In GEAR » longer down jacket
February 28, 9:05am

I love pyrimids
Went from traces of snow to about a foot in less than 8 hours. We were protected from the wind, so that wasn't an issue at all. The BD handled the snow like a champ, just lost a lot of in...

In GEAR » Shelter Pictures - Stormy conditions
February 28, 9:00am

Looks good
Looks like a solid gear list for a UL winter trip. I use a lot of the same layers as you and the WM Ultralite, and as long as the temps don't take a sharp dive, you will be in great shape. Ha...

In Gear Lists » Elk Mountain Grand Traverse Gear List
February 28, 8:47am

Thanks!
Beautiful stuff guys thank you very much! If anyone else still has suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 30-35 mile loop in Shenandoah?
February 22, 1:47pm

30-35 mile loop in Shenandoah?
I'm visiting some family in Virginia and I am planning on doing a 30-35 mile trail run in Shenandoah. I'm training to run the Grand Canyon R2R2R in May. Anyone know a good loop in Shenand...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 30-35 mile loop in Shenandoah?
February 22, 10:49am

bump
bump

In Gear Swap » Variety of used outdoors shoes for sale, pictures included
February 15, 9:24am

sold
Men's Wildcat and the Vasques are sold, the other four are still available

February 11, 8:40am

Variety of used outdoors shoes for sale, pictures included
All of these shoes have some wear but are still plenty functional: $15 - Men's La Sportiva Wildcat Trail Running shoe Size 8 $20 - Men's Vasque mid height Gore-tex boots Size 7.5 ...

February 06, 12:35pm

fact check
freezing food does not reduce a foods nutritional value

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » food dehydration?
January 22, 9:47pm

Tetons
The road closes at Flagg Ranch. It is snow packed all winter long, same with the highway going over Togwotee Pass. If you have never been there, check out Togwotee. I went backcountry skiing up ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Snowshoeing in the Tetons
January 22, 9:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Gabe Joyes

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Osprey Talon 44
All of the Osprey Talon packs are just plain comfortable. For all of the features the Talon 44 packs, I think its weight is actually pretty amazing. Sure you could get a lighter pack, but for the co...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 13, 12:49pm

The North Face Hydrogen Jacket (2008 Model)
This was the lightest wind breaker I could find with a full-zip and no hood. The men's comes in at 2.9 oz. and the women's at 2.4 oz. Blocks the wind wonderfully and is pretty breathable. T...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
November 13, 12:36pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
I love this bag. Lofts up wicked fast, never leaks feathers, packs small (for a 20 degree bag), spot on temp rating for me and my wife. The regular length definitely runs a bit short, I'm 5&#...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 13, 11:15am