BPL Community Profile

todd harper (funnymoney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sunshine State
About Me Began hiking in the Carolinas, some in Virginia and now in Florida - much less variation in terrain, I'm sad to say, but beautiful in its own right. A Gatewood Cape w/Serenity is my primary solo shelter nowadays.

I'm also into kayaking & fishing.
StateFlorida

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by todd harper

Showing 181 - 190 of 1746 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...175

Forum » Thread

Re: Lightweight Affordable Tarps
All I know is it's one great looking tarp. If this keeps direct rain off of you, it's a winner. Dimensions are like a SpinnTwinn design. The weight is good. Comparing it to an 8x10 ...

In Gear Deals » Lightweight Affordable Tarps
May 03, 8:39am

Re: Matt Kirk sub60 Fastpack + (2) DIY hammocks with whoopie slings.
I'll take the Fastpack. PM inbound.

In Gear Swap » Matt Kirk sub60 Fastpack + (2) DIY hammocks with whoopie slings.
May 02, 1:24pm

Re: More substantial hip belt
Adam, I like your idea, I'm just not sure it's easy to do in practice. With the half pack, as is it would bounce way too much w/o straps. To function comfortably and properly w/o sho...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lumbar pack
April 30, 8:23pm

Re: Re: Hide ads question
Oops - I meant to say "aren't", not "are".

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Hide ads question
April 29, 7:43pm

Re: the opposite of ultralight
Oh here's one: In 2010 on the Pinhoti in Alabama, we came across a scout troop that were spread pretty far apart. One by one, these young boys (several anyway) literally had packs larger th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » the opposite of ultralight
April 29, 7:30pm

Re: Hide ads question
Since you mentioned "each time I log on", it sounds like your are checking the box below your id/password to "remember" you each time you access the site. If I'm right, eas...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Hide ads question
April 29, 7:15pm

Re: resurrection - shifting the load South
Doug I's "Half Pack" is a cool design. Can find it under "half pack" I believe. It is built by Chris Zimmer and made of cuben & dyneema. Very cool. Check it out. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lumbar pack
April 29, 1:38pm

Re: the opposite of ultralight
somewhere on this site there's a similar thread - complete w/pics of a few "non-UL" people. Great stuff just don't have time to find it.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » the opposite of ultralight
April 29, 1:00pm

Re: Epic trips in states that don't get the glory
Head a little further East from Louisiana and hike the Florida Trail. It oughta be long enough for ya! Well over 1,000 miles through such a vast array of wildlife and (really!) some very challeng...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Epic trips in states that don't get the glory
April 27, 7:51pm

Re: FS Brawny Silnylon Ultralight Tarp Tent
Can you post pics of it set up?

In Gear Swap » FS Brawny Silnylon Ultralight Tarp Tent
April 26, 2:29pm

All Reader Reviews by todd harper

todd harper has posted no reviews.