BPL Community Profile

Frank Perkins (fperkins) - BPL Guest

My Locale North East
About Me Click on my website to my gear list: http://www.fperkins.com/backpacking/my-ultralight-backpacking-gear-list.php
StateConnecticut
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/67xjoa
My PDF Gear List3 season gear list.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Frank Perkins

Showing 181 - 190 of 295 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Forum » Thread

Simulating Pack size
My current pack is 4200 cl and I believe I can get a smaller pack, but I'm not exactly sure how small. To test to see how much room my gear takes up, I took a 3mm garbage bag which is 158L. S...

In GEAR » Simulating Pack size
January 01, 5:43pm

Re: A Very Thorough MYOG Site
Bill, what's the link to your 50 MYOG links? I didn't find it on your blog. Always a fan of your work and I would like to bookmark it.

In Make Your Own Gear » A Very Thorough MYOG Site
January 01, 3:07pm

Re: Mitten Sock
Just fiddling around I was trying to see how to incorporate a thumb loop in the sock when I realized that if you put the tip of my thumb at the heel of the sock, it actually works like a mitten. ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Mitten Sock
December 31, 3:28pm

Re: ROFL -- The Day After
Personally, I liked the ranking system. It's not perfect, but who cares. Maybe a simple formula of gear reviews + forum posts would suffice to help define a user's activity on the website.

In Chaff » ROFL -- The Day After
December 31, 10:37am

Mitten Sock
Part of my standard 3 season gear list is a pair of lightweight gloves and also an extra pair of socks, mostly used for sleeping at night. I have heard of using socks as a pair of gloves, but neve...

In Multiple Use Gear » Mitten Sock
December 30, 7:15pm

Mini Trip Report - Bear Mountain, CT
Although I have enjoyed the outdoors since I was a child, I have only started backpacking about 3 years ago. Seriously, for the past two. I say "seriously" because it's become my nu...

In Post-Trip Reports » Mini Trip Report - Bear Mountain, CT
December 30, 5:14pm

Re: Cost of Gear Lists????
I have the weight and also the cost of most of the items on my gear list. I only need about 800 bucks to shave 5lbs off my current gear list ;-) My Gear list

In Editor's Roundtable » SuperUltraLight Favorites Gear List 2006
December 26, 6:53pm

Re: Canonical Clothing List
I agree with Pamela, experimentation is the only way to really know what you need to bring. I did a quick 4 mile hike around the lake this past weekend and it was about 34 degrees, light wind and ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Canonical Clothing List
December 23, 4:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Broken CF Pole
>only the non-ergonomic handles and lack of straps keeps me from pulling the trigger I can't find the post, but I swear I have read that they'll add straps upon request.

In GEAR » A warning on REI Carbon Poles
December 23, 4:23pm

Re: Dick's Creek Gap to (oh well) Home: A Trip Gone South!
Great narrative Captain Jac. I really enjoyed reading it. There is nothing worse than a canceled hiking trip. I know I have had to deal with that a few times and after all the planning, it'...

In Post-Trip Reports » Dick's Creek Gap to (oh well) Home: A Trip Gone South!
December 21, 6:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Frank Perkins

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Patagonia
My R1 hoody stitching started to fall apart and they took back the old one and sent me a brand new one. I also had a rip in my micropuff vest when my waist cinch cord ripped out. Again, no proble...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 15, 7:53pm

Backcountry.com
Never had an issue with them so they get a 5

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 08, 1:08pm

Taco Bell Spork
I recently used the TacoHell spork on a recent 3 person trip. I had titanium spoon, but my brother and cousin did not and this was a free and light alternative. Unfortunately, two of the sporks brok...

In Cookware - Other
January 08, 12:41pm