BPL Community Profile

peter vacco (fluff@inreach.com) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale no. california
About Me i walk quite a bit, and probably carry too much. up to a point though, i sort of Like carrying too much.
Citysacramento
Statecalifornia
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by peter vacco

Showing 181 - 190 of 557 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...56

Forum » Thread

whisperlite burn times.
(for Harold) a long time ago.. in a world far away.. i had a job where it was possible to make endless cups of coffee (w/Kahloahh), and get paid while doing it. so, being a good bpl'r, to that...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Evaluating what stoves to use for what lengths of trips
August 04, 1:34pm

Re: Band Aid Friction Block = Crisco = Fire Starter?
along those lines ... of organic skin care. at one time i contracted a nasty bit of industrial caused skin problems on my hands. they were red, and hurt, and dry, and it looked icky. (too far over ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Band Aid Friction Block = Crisco = Fire Starter?
August 03, 7:35am

Re: Baladeo Sharpening?
i got one of those 4 surface diamond stoning kits. it works the treat on sharpening things. if only getting one surface, i'd go for the one-step-above-extra-fine unit. but all 4 is more fun. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Baladeo Sharpening?
August 02, 8:19pm

Ray Jardine is laughing at us ...
on all this anti NF and their silly stupid logo's, loss of serious focus, and lame graphics plastered all over ... am sure the Ray Jardine is laughing his ever-so-cynical butt off at us Right...

In GEAR » The North Face sucks
August 02, 8:15pm

Re: Re: Kristin Gates is hiking across a lot of Alaska.
it appears she has DONE IT ! (and quickly too)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Kristin Gates is hiking across a lot of Alaska.
August 02, 7:54pm

Re: Which GPS
John, the foretrex 301 works nicely. it is as accurate as the maps (see Bob's insight on such things). 301 battery life is in my op, excellent. it is a bit odd the way the sunrise/sunset mode ...

In GEAR » Which GPS?
August 02, 3:25pm

Re: Posted full table, more complete
at one time in bpl past of long ago, we had a chart .. no .. a matrix of data about this issue. it had weights, atomic mass, use rates of boil, a zipstove, ambient temperature of the environment, a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Evaluating what stoves to use for what lengths of trips
August 02, 12:08pm

Re: Help keep my feet from turning into hamburger!
" Blisters under the ball of each foot, under toes, between toes, on the sides " sounds like fungus. we can call it athletes foot if you want to. the thing can propagate in a matter o...

In GEAR » Help keep my feet from turning into hamburger!
August 02, 7:47am

Re: Kokopelli Packrafts
new and unproved raft from what may be nice people, but Sherri Tingly has been at it for decades = $475 @72oz (claimed) the Real Thing from Alpacka Scout (with phenominal resale value) = $545 @52o...

In Packrafting » Kokopelli Packrafts
July 29, 8:51pm

wetting out.
so : if you wax your car , and then spray water on it, the water beads up. most of the car is actually dry (percentage wise) once the wax dies over time, water covers 100% of your car in a sheet. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » When Rain Gear Wets Out ??
July 29, 8:26pm

All Reader Reviews by peter vacco

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hilleberg Akto
all that you will read about how wonderful akto is seems to be true. also true is that for it to be habitable in all but the chillyest weather, it Desperately Needs a window in the door. the unna is i...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 17, 10:15pm