Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Febbo (febbom) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Michael Febbo hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Michael Febbo has not added a biography yet.
CityDelaware Water Gap
StatePA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Febbo

Showing 181 - 190 of 261 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

pants
If your lowest temp is 20 degrees, I'd use a thin wool baselayer, powerstretch over that, and then a good softshell pant (Mammut Champ for me). The breathability lets me wear this while moving ...

In GEAR » Lower body insulation down to 20 degrees F
December 10, 1:28pm

Gamma AR
I have been using a Gamma AR as my around-town jacket for years (the SV without hood). I just loaded up a pack and tried it on: yes, the zippers are under the shoulder straps. I could access them i...

In GEAR » Arcteryx Gamma SV Hoody ?
December 10, 12:34pm

cch aliens
Great post by Thomas about efficeincy in climbing... and I agree that aliens in the small/mid sizes are some of the most versatile pieces avialable (up to red or orange). The heads fit in pin scars...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Friends and nuts...
December 10, 2:35am

heights
I used to be terrified of heights- was even nervous for other people around edges... but agree with Doug that: "in the end, I think controlling fear is about putting yourself in those situa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Scared of Heights?
December 10, 2:20am

Thanks
Thank you for the great replies Chris and David- I think I'm sold...

In Editor's Roundtable » Paramo Waterproof Directional Clothing
December 05, 9:16am

Paramo Questions...
The stated performance (maximum breakability with excellent weather protection) appears to be the manifestation of all of the “softshell” claims that caused me to get a closet full of Epic, Pow...

In Editor's Roundtable » Paramo Waterproof Directional Clothing
December 05, 4:02am

glove liners
I have different types of Windstopper gloves. Some are very thin- not so much fleece as close-fitting, nylon gloves (Manzella Silkweight). These do not insulate very much, but block wind for high-e...

In GEAR » Why windstopper for liner gloves?
December 02, 11:36pm

Weight comparisons
Good replies... Because I have the cams and a digital scale here are some weight comparisons for cams of the same range: Red #1 Black Diamond C4: 136g Red #1 Black Diamond Camalot: 158g G...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Friends and nuts...
November 26, 1:25pm

equinox bivy
According to the manufacturers website it has a hood: http://www.equinoxltd.com/the-gear/tarps-and-bivis-and-ground-cloths/sprawler-ultralite-bivi.cfm I have used the old rectangular, non-hoo...

In GEAR » equinox bivy
November 26, 5:16am

some thoughts
There are a lot of options out there, making the decision a difficult one, but I suppose the first choice most make is whether to buy down or synthetic. I rarely go out for more than 4 days in the ...

In GEAR » Help with Winter Hiking Jacket/Coat
November 20, 12:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Febbo

Michael Febbo has posted no reviews.