BPL Community Profile

Tohru Ohnuki (erdferkel) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale S. California
About Me Tohru Ohnuki has not added a biography yet.
CityLos Angeles
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tohru Ohnuki

Showing 181 - 190 of 285 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Re: Humidor
I don't have that exact model, but one that is very similar. Mine weighs less than an ounce..

In GEAR » Thermometers Driving Me Insane!!
June 20, 2:10pm

humidor thermometers
To record hi/lo temp and humidity, an inexpensive electronic humidor thermometer works well: link to amazon

In GEAR » Thermometers Driving Me Insane!!
June 19, 10:01pm

Re: Suture kit
Everyone I've ever talked to who does first aid either in an urban or wilderness setting has advised against suturing in the field. Closing a wound deep enough to require stitches in non-steril...

In Philosophy & Technique » First Aid Packing List
June 17, 3:03pm

any uncoated stainless wire
would probably work well too.

In Make Your Own Gear » fishing leaders
June 17, 12:08pm

1 liter bottles
Would it make more sense to go to 1 liter bottles? Treat 1 liter with one tab? Or you could go with chlorine in liquid form, MSR sweetwater is a fancy form of 3% bleach. I don't like handlin...

In GEAR » conserving ClO2 tablets
June 17, 12:07pm

Salami and hard cheese
Those and a few pitas are the best for the first couple of lunches. Basically, bacteria and molds need a certain amount of moisture to grow, so the drier and greasier the cheese or salami the mo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » salami
June 15, 11:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Snow Peak 600 water level marks
The middle set of outside dots are at about 12oz or 1 1/2 cups. I marked mine with a sharpie. I've converted to a caldera cone that fits the 600. The pepsican stove I built wasn't really op...

In GEAR » Snow Peak 600 water level marks
June 14, 7:02pm

Re: Re: Navigating vs surveying
>> But most maps are aligned to true north >Sorry to have to disagree, but in fact very few maps are >really aligned to 'True North'. Really only happens for >the maps very ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Brunton 7DNL Compass Review
June 09, 11:37pm

Navigating vs surveying
I don't think I'm in disagreement with Roger and certainly there are many ways to do this: hike your own hike. But I suppose the issue is whether one considers triangulating your position a...

In Editor's Roundtable » Brunton 7DNL Compass Review
June 09, 1:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Help me sew mosquito netting
Like BJ said, maybe the thing to do is fold the edges of the mosquito netting over to form a seam, then fold grosgrain over that and then sew through the whole sandwich. This would give you a stron...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help me sew mosquito netting
June 07, 5:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Tohru Ohnuki

Tohru Ohnuki has posted no reviews.