November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tohru Ohnuki (erdferkel) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale S. California
About Me Tohru Ohnuki has not added a biography yet.
CityLos Angeles

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tohru Ohnuki

Showing 181 - 190 of 285 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Re: Humidor
I don't have that exact model, but one that is very similar. Mine weighs less than an ounce..

In GEAR » Thermometers Driving Me Insane!!
June 20, 2:10pm

humidor thermometers
To record hi/lo temp and humidity, an inexpensive electronic humidor thermometer works well: link to amazon

In GEAR » Thermometers Driving Me Insane!!
June 19, 10:01pm

Re: Suture kit
Everyone I've ever talked to who does first aid either in an urban or wilderness setting has advised against suturing in the field. Closing a wound deep enough to require stitches in non-steril...

In Philosophy & Technique » First Aid Packing List
June 17, 3:03pm

any uncoated stainless wire
would probably work well too.

In Make Your Own Gear » fishing leaders
June 17, 12:08pm

1 liter bottles
Would it make more sense to go to 1 liter bottles? Treat 1 liter with one tab? Or you could go with chlorine in liquid form, MSR sweetwater is a fancy form of 3% bleach. I don't like handlin...

In GEAR » conserving ClO2 tablets
June 17, 12:07pm

Salami and hard cheese
Those and a few pitas are the best for the first couple of lunches. Basically, bacteria and molds need a certain amount of moisture to grow, so the drier and greasier the cheese or salami the mo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » salami
June 15, 11:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Snow Peak 600 water level marks
The middle set of outside dots are at about 12oz or 1 1/2 cups. I marked mine with a sharpie. I've converted to a caldera cone that fits the 600. The pepsican stove I built wasn't really op...

In GEAR » Snow Peak 600 water level marks
June 14, 7:02pm

Re: Re: Navigating vs surveying
>> But most maps are aligned to true north >Sorry to have to disagree, but in fact very few maps are >really aligned to 'True North'. Really only happens for >the maps very ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Brunton 7DNL Compass Review
June 09, 11:37pm

Navigating vs surveying
I don't think I'm in disagreement with Roger and certainly there are many ways to do this: hike your own hike. But I suppose the issue is whether one considers triangulating your position a...

In Editor's Roundtable » Brunton 7DNL Compass Review
June 09, 1:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Help me sew mosquito netting
Like BJ said, maybe the thing to do is fold the edges of the mosquito netting over to form a seam, then fold grosgrain over that and then sew through the whole sandwich. This would give you a stron...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help me sew mosquito netting
June 07, 5:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Tohru Ohnuki

Tohru Ohnuki has posted no reviews.