BPL Community Profile

Unknown abc (edude) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Unknown abc hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Unknown abc has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Unknown abc

Showing 181 - 190 of 682 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...69

Forum » Thread

"The 45-Year-Old Boy Scout"
Great article, I can definetly relate. I wish all the bset to your troop in it's new LW endevours!

In Editor's Roundtable » The 45-Year-Old Boy Scout
May 23, 5:29pm

"Wolves kill teacher in Alaska"
Thank you for deleting a big part of my discussion. I believe the handling of the situation of the killing relates very much to a person's worldview and beliefs. I in no way intended to sta...

In Chaff » Wolves kill teacher in Alaska
March 11, 10:05pm

"Evan, are you home schooled? I don't think wolves did this. Yes I am. But what does that have to do with our topic? I did not say that wolves did it. But I did say that a full scal...

March 11, 9:38pm

I am very sad for the lady and her family. [Section removed.] I think a full scale investigation needs to be done. If it is true that the woman was killed by wolves and that they are wanderi...

March 11, 8:47pm

"What kind of rope for bear bag?"
Paracord or dacron kite cord works fine... at least 40ft worth. "That's why I switched. Though, it was fun to shine a light on the Triptease at night and have it look like laser beams...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What kind of rope for bear bag?
March 03, 4:06pm

"Trekking Poles - Shock or No?"
my poles are "shock-absorbing" but the springs inside are starting to wear out (they're cheap poles) and they are kinda noisy. The next set I buy will not have any "shock" c...

In GEAR » Trekking Poles - Shock or No?
March 02, 10:35am

"First ever backpacking trip!"
I'm going to go the route of Iodine or Chlorine tablets as opposed to a filtration system (unless you recommend otherwise?) for water. Good choice. I recommend you go with chlorine dioxide t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » First ever backpacking trip!
February 28, 5:08pm

"Stuff Sacks- overkill?"
I have a comperession sack that came with my sleeping bag; the weight is worth the added compression factor. I use a mesh sack to keep most clothing together. The rest of my stuff either goes freel...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stuff Sacks- overkill?
February 28, 4:43pm

"Wood cutting knife?"
that Buck Mayo Kaala is one freakin' expensive knife!!!

In GEAR » Wood cutting knife?
February 25, 8:28pm

"SUL Self Tightening Tarp"
very nice tarp!

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL Self Tightening Tarp
February 21, 11:18am

All Reader Reviews by Unknown abc

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Katadyn Katadyn chlorine dioxide Drinking Water Tablets
OK, tried em' out for the first time this weekend. First, before leaving for a 15 mile round trip weekend in Athol, Idaho, I tested them out at home. They seemed to work fine after a couple of tes...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
June 15, 2:04pm

Nite ize S-Biner
I picked up one of these at Wal-Mart for about $2. I love it for its ease of use and functionality. I use it for bear-bagging the PCT Method. I also like how the wire gate is responsive enough to open...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 06, 6:00pm

Gatorade Bottle
Works great. I would replace mine every trip when I still used them, but they probably could last longer than that. One con is that after a couple uses, it leaves a plasticy taste. Good alternat...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
March 02, 9:36pm

Potable Aqua Iodine Drinking Water Germicidal Tablets
Well, the first thing I can say about this is that I just out right hate them. They are messy, and if you want to use the tablets that make the iodine taste "go away", that just complicates ...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 02, 9:29pm

Light My Fire Spork
When I got this product from Light My Fire, it was love at first sight. It’s got a comfortable shape that feels as natural as the human hand. The Light My Fire Spork is stiff enough that eating with i...

In Cookware - Other
March 02, 9:17pm

Coleman Peak 1 Microstove
This was my very first stove. Like the above poster, I got it at Wal-Mart for $20. When I first got it, I was pretty impressed. It is relatively fuel-efficient, has good simmer control, and burns hot....

In Stoves - Canister
March 02, 9:06pm