BPL Community Profile

ed hyatt (edhyatt) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The North; UK
About Me ed hyatt has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ed hyatt

Showing 181 - 190 of 271 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

Re: Lightweight Mountaineering Pack
I didn't realise we all hopped from hut-to-hut carrying tiny sacks - that's where I went wrong back in the day :-) As above - Crux packs are light and tough - I have an RK30, AK37, and A...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Lightweight Mountaineering Pack
December 14, 9:57pm

Re: Staking out a non-free-standing tent on very hard ground....
I was concerned about this when I went to the Sierra's so took a free-stander - I like to camp high and not in trees....hence the 'bushes and shrub tie-off methods won't play. If you...

In GEAR » Staking out a non-free-standing tent on very hard ground....
December 13, 6:29am

Re: What is your winter weight?
About 7kgs - or 15lbs in 'old money' - that's for single overnight's in the UK. Add some more food weight for longer - not that I often do longer....the 14 hours of darkness are a l...

In Winter Hiking » What is your winter weight?
December 13, 12:37am

Re: My never ending search for the right pillow
I really like the MB and it was my solution to a similar problem. I raise the height of mine by using the toggle strap openings to run crossed elastics under the pillow - this space I then '...

In GEAR » My never ending search for the right pillow
November 19, 1:18am

Above Treeline: Scotland, the 'rest' of Europe and the US
Too tempting not to play.... On the Tolmount, Angus Glens Scotland Assynt, Scotland Ben Alder range, Scotland Cairngorms, Scotland: bivvy at the bealach above Corrour bothy ...

In Photo Gallery » Above Treeline
October 30, 2:46am

Above the tree line shelter
If you want a shelter that can handle exposed bad conditions I think you'd be better off with something along the lines of a semi-geo , strong tunnel, or similar. I live in the UK and frequ...

In GEAR » Above the tree line shelter?
October 28, 11:30am

Fizan Compact Trekking Poles Review
I've used mine for perhaps 50 days of hiking thus far. They are nice poles and easy to carry just in one hand when not using them. They lack the spring and resilience of say Leki Ti Makalu&#...

In Editor's Roundtable » Fizan Compact Trekking Poles Review
August 10, 12:24am

Re: GPS , topo maps or both? What do you bring?
I study maps (usually electronic) a lot before I do routes and use a GPS as a secondary navigational aid; 'natural navigation' is my primary tool - as in, 'the route should go that way&...

In GEAR » GPS , topo maps or both? What do you bring?
July 17, 12:12am

Tents that WERE made of eVENT
I've got a Rab Summit and was using it this weekend - on a summit. Headroom is actually fine, I can sit up in it easily (I'm about 5'7"). Rab's 'published' measured ...

In GEAR » Tents that WERE made of eVENT
July 04, 11:13am

cord canister stabiliser
I don't use canister stoves much anymore - but when I do I use something like this for stabilisation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr3B0b3SHgc&feature=player_embedded

In GEAR » SUL canister stabilizer stand
June 18, 11:57pm

All Reader Reviews by ed hyatt

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montrail Hardrock
I wore these this summer over the very rocky GR20 (Corsica) and the GR5 Alpine (Geneva towards Nice). The pair I used on the GR20 (120 miles) are well worn and cut up; they would probably do the ro...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 12, 2:27am

MoonTrail Customer Service
Very good service and advice from Dan at Moontrail; I was ordering from overseas yet picking up in the USA and Moontrail were really helpful with that. Website is good too - especially the use of e...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 20, 8:04am