BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Osburn (earn_my_turns) - BPL Guest

My Locale New England
About Me I live in NJ, I play in ADK, Green Mtns., and White Mtns.
StateNew Jersey
CountryUS
My PDF Gear ListBPL Vermont Trip!!!

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Osburn

Showing 181 - 190 of 306 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...31

Forum » Thread

this thread
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=51009 yours was a good one too. Both got me thinking about doing something Karo. I am going ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Karo Step down jacket idea and questions
November 08, 11:13am

Thru-hiker jacket
I made the thruhiker jacket last winter. Very great pattern and instruction booklet, I highly recommend it. I would do sew through baffles with your estimated loft. I would also think you are spo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Karo Step down jacket idea and questions
November 08, 10:41am

hard sided nalgene
In the winter I take a hard sided nalgene and a soft sided nalgene (wide mouth to not freeze). The warm water bottle in the sleeping bag works great, but make sure the cap is on tight, the bottle ...

In Winter Hiking » Platypus to warm Sleeping Bag?
November 07, 8:44pm

Re: Actually fairly downproof
Thanks Ryan, that is the best news I got all day!!! I have 12 oz of 900fp down on the way to make a quilt and down pants. In a few weeks I should have some photos to show off for what I made with...

In Make Your Own Gear » .65oz/yd - 8d nylon taffeta fabric - FOR SALE --- $6/yd
November 06, 12:42pm

The usual suspects...
Western Mountaineering - I own one of their sleeping bags, I don't think you could find a bad review anywhere Feathered Friends - Also probably couldn't find a bad review anywhere THe...

In GEAR » Nunatak Kobuk Jacket and its Ilk
November 05, 8:24am

VBL Stephensons update
I spoke with Stephensons today and I thougth I would update for anyone interested or future people that would be interested in more details. The shirt and pants are ment to be the base layer. T...

In GEAR » VBL clothing options
November 03, 11:55am

Re: Re: VBL clothing options
I don't wan't to go down the silnylon route either. The nice thing about the VBL specific fabrics is the "fuzzy" material laminated on the inside, it wicks moisture away and feel...

November 02, 8:08pm

I have the theory and proper use down...
I intend, this winter, to use them in the ADK, White, and Green mountains. I anticipate at some point seeing -20F temps and regularly seeing -single digits. I used an ebivy bag liner last winter ...

November 02, 5:54pm

VBL clothing options
The mystery of VBL clothing... I know of 1 1/2 manufacturers of pants and shirts: RHB makes VaprTherm NTS Shirt and Pants. The clothing looks very dialed in at around 14 oz for each, customiza...

November 02, 5:23pm

Just a couple thoughts
Mostly I agree with everyone else. Test if first, synthetic quilt on top, and make sure it doesn't compress the down bag. One big thing that is important is that your pad arrangement is backwa...

In GEAR » Down sleeping bag with synthetic overquilt
October 27, 10:32am

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Osburn

Jeremy Osburn has posted no reviews.