Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 181 - 190 of 7878 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...788

Forum » Thread

Re: MSR e-wing as emergency shelter
I carry a poncho and AMK Heatsheets bivy for a very similar emergency shelter. I wouldn't bother replacing the E Wing for just emergency use. The poncho does cover the rainwear category as well...

In Philosophy & Technique » MSR e-wing as emergency shelter
February 07, 3:05pm

Re: Awesome fleece
Glad you like it! I keep telling outdoors folk that the military fleece clothing is a bargain. They make R1 and R2 equivalents that you can buy for pennies on the dollar compared to the big labl...

In Gear Swap » FS: Military ECWCS 200W Fleece Jacket with Pit Zips, Large, Alpha Green
February 07, 1:20pm

Re: Ocean Packrafting?
I feel your pain! +1 on use in calm conditions. If it is windy and/or strong tides you might find yourself heading for the wrong continent. Sea kayaks are built to track in those conditions. A m...

In Packrafting » Ocean Packrafting?
February 07, 12:47am

Re: New Zealand! Need suggestions
My daughter was teaching in NZ and went on a number of hikes. Her blog has photos and notes that may inspire-- check the archive links on the side: http://thetravelingwombat.weebly.com/blog

In Pre-Trip Planning » New Zealand! Need suggestions
February 06, 8:03pm

Re: how much of a concern is the camp view to you?
If I'm going to be camping there for more than eat/sleep, then it matters. Nothing like a beautiful sunset/sunrise with a lake, etc. Weather protection, drainage, neighbors and bugs count. Woul...

In Philosophy & Technique » how much of a concern is the camp view to you?
February 06, 5:46pm

Re: Sierra Designs Cogule, Chaps, and Solar Wind Hoodie
Mike, I'm liking what I see on the Cogule, chaps and Stow windshirt. It looks like SD took the cue and is publishing CFM ratings, which I don't think any other manufacturer has done. Kudos ...

In Gear Deals » Sierra Designs Cogule, Chaps, and Solar Wind Hoodie
February 06, 5:40pm

DIY Dirtbag Bikepacking Bag Support
I'm spending the cold rainy days assembling a bikepacking rig. I'm thinking out loud with this setup but I think it has merit. I ran across an Ikea VARIERA plastic bag dispenser for $2....

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » DIY Dirtbag Bikepacking Bag Support
February 06, 4:47pm

Re: weight
If you're used to road racing bikes you definitely need to close your eyes and take a deep breath when going to load haulers and dirt machines. They have two wheels, but it is a different world...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » new bike advice
February 06, 3:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Ultralight water-resistant seal rigid plastic containers?
"I saw the same item in a Dollar Store for $1." Of course! Another one to look for :)

In GEAR » Ultralight water-resistant seal rigid plastic containers?
February 06, 1:41pm

Re: Ultralight water-resistant seal rigid plastic containers?
I was standing in line at at the pharmacy yesterday and found this capsule for $5. 0.4oz/12g, 2" tall overall and 3/4" outside diameter.

In GEAR » Ultralight water-resistant seal rigid plastic containers?
February 06, 11:32am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.