Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 181 - 190 of 8134 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...814

Forum » Thread

Seattle Yard Sale Closed!
I'm the words of Douglas MacArthur, "These proceedings are concluded." BPL'ers visited and discounts were received! Thank you all!!!! See you next year :)

In Gear Deals » Seattle Yard Sale Friday 6/19 12-3, Saturday 6/20 9-3
June 19, 11:09am

Re: Waterproof my pack?
You can improve the water repellency with a spray treatment like Gear Proof, but it will never be truly waterproof http://www.nikwax-usa.com/en-us/products/productdetail.php?productid=256. Pack cov...

In GEAR » Waterproof my pack?
June 19, 10:12am

Re: Wanted: Tent Recommendations for Rain and Wind
Wind is the downfall of many UL shelters and condensation is a problem with many single wall designs. A foot of snow is a lot. Your criteria begs for a double wall tent, but you can throw out simpl...

In GEAR » Wanted: Tent Recommendations for Rain and Wind
June 19, 10:00am

Re: New to backpacking: Why does my backpack already seem so light?
As mentioned above, you need a full HONEST gear list to see where you are are. You have listed some of the classic "big 3" items, but there is more to an effective and safe kit. You c...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New to backpacking: Why does my backpack already seem so light?
June 18, 11:19am

PIF CLAIMED: The Great PIF Book Challenge: 2 Foghorn Hiking Books, PNW and California
Claimed by Steve Martin: I challenge you all to keep a PIF book thread going as long as possible. My first offering: two Foghorn books covering the West Coast and 2000 hikes. 4 pounds Media ...

In Gear Swap » PIF: The Great PIF Book Challenge: 2 Foghorn Hiking Books, PNW and California
June 17, 10:14pm

Re: Aswesome!
Its her's Mike, and I have your address.

In Gear Swap » Free Book to Scouts/Kid's Org: Shelters, Shacks and Shanites
June 17, 1:50pm

Re: WTB: Titanium mug around 400ml
If you want Ti for oatmeal, the Snowpeak Ti bowl rocks for that and a SUL pot too.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Titanium mug around 400ml
June 17, 1:38pm

SOLD: Short stack of Washington Day Hiking Books
Sold to chopchop: 4 books on day hikes in Washington state: 3 from the Sasquatch Press Day Hike! series: Day Hike! Olympic Peninsula Day Hike! Central Cascades Day Hike! North Cascades On...

In Gear Swap » FS: Short stack of Washington Day Hiking Books
June 17, 1:17pm

CLAIMED: Free Book to Scouts/Kid's Org: Shelters, Shacks and Shanites
Claimed: Found this one in the back of the bookcase. Should be a good one for Scouts or other kids outdoors organizations. I'll pay the shipping too. Give me some sort of clue that you are invo...

In Gear Swap » Free Book to Scouts/Kid's Org: Shelters, Shacks and Shanites
June 17, 1:09pm

Re: BG and the Demise of BPL
Looking at the record of posts for "account closed" at http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/profile?ot=0&u=ACCOUNTCLOSED#posts, there is nothing newer than ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BG and the Demise of BPL
June 17, 1:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.