BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 181 - 190 of 7426 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...743

Forum » Thread

FS: CamelBak Octane 18X Hydration Backpack
Sherwin, you should set up your "PM" personal messaging if you want to participate in the forums. I would prefer to not do international shipping on this item. Thanks for your interes...

In Gear Swap » FS: CamelBak Octane 18X Hydration Backpack with 3L Reservoir
May 31, 8:58pm

SOLD: CamelBak Octane 18X Hydration Backpack with 3L Reservoir
SOLD: a used CamelBak Octane 18X hydration backpack in like new condition with a 3 liter reservoir and hose. Black with yellow accents, weighs 24 ounces on my scale. It has a zippered center sectio...

In Gear Swap » FS: CamelBak Octane 18X Hydration Backpack with 3L Reservoir
May 30, 10:10pm

Re: Health effects of boiling water in Plastic bottle
If you have a wide mouth container and build a fire, you can drop hot rocks in it to heat the water. That has it's own hazards with exploding rocks, but ancient folk cooked that way with basket...

In Multiple Use Gear » Disposable water bottle + esbit + rocks = emergency day hiking stove?
May 30, 4:23pm

Re: Re: Plastic bottle
It is great to know the bottle trick if you have no alternatives and even then I would reserve it for purifying drinking water if needed. If is your only water container, melting it in an emerg...

In Multiple Use Gear » Disposable water bottle + esbit + rocks = emergency day hiking stove?
May 30, 4:01pm

Re: Need to choose 2 tents for different circumstances. Please lend me a hand?
I would get a 2 person mid and live with the extra weight for solo. The 4 season part is the hangup. Having some extra room when snow camping is nice anyway. Something like an MLD Duomid and th...

In GEAR » Need to choose 2 tents for different circumstances. Please lend me a hand?
May 30, 12:33pm

Re: questions
Does it have insect netting?

In Gear Swap » FS: TiGoat Bivy sack
May 30, 12:00pm

Re: Re: Emergencies
It's nice to have a hot drink or soup on a day hike. On an overnighter, I can just take a sandwich and snacks, but I gotta have my coffee in the morning, so a minimal cook kit is all I need. ...

May 30, 11:54am

Re: Re: Disposable water bottle + esbit + rocks = emergency day hiking stove?
The Ti wing stoves have come down in price on eBay if you want something more formal, but rocks will work. Make sure you're on bare dirt or rock. I carry a little day hiking/overnight cook ...

May 30, 11:34am

Re: Instaflator? You mean, your mouth?
Hauling an electric pad inflator is the antithesis of UL to me, not to mention the sustainability and ecological issues. If you need such stuff, it is time to take a closer look at your sleep syste...

In GEAR » The lost "jet engine" ground pad inflator?
May 30, 11:18am

Re: Rain jacket = half bivy?
Yet another use for a poncho. A space blanket would work too. Some bag style space blanket bivies may be large enough to work over the foot of your sleeping bag. You don't need to pull it all t...

In Multiple Use Gear » Rain jacket = half bivy?
May 30, 10:54am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.