Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 181 - 190 of 7598 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...760

Forum » Thread

Withdrawn: Stoic Merino Blend Comp 230 Anorak Hoody
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: Stoic Merino Blend Comp 230 Anorak Hoody, Men's Medium, Black
August 17, 11:50am

Re: What is your favorite base layer?
Salomon, REI and Patagonia polyester stuff from silkweight to R1. I try to match my base layer to the temperature for comfortable waking uphill in a fantasy world with no wind or rain and add wind...

In GEAR » What is your favorite base layer?
August 13, 12:07pm

Re: Re: Re: "Light" weight backpack to carry 40-50 lbs
Those kids will grow fast and need lots of their own gear too. An Alps 80 liter doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but it's paid for. I would make do and keep any eye out for a deal. People u...

In GEAR » "Light" weight backpack to carry 40-50 lbs
August 12, 5:12pm

Re: "Light" weight backpack to carry 40-50 lbs
UL packs are designed for UL loads, so why try? It's hard on the pack AND you. Get a more "medium" weight pack capable of carrying a load comfortably and try to put the lightest stuff...

In GEAR » "Light" weight backpack to carry 40-50 lbs
August 12, 12:03pm

Re: 100wt hooded fleece jacket?
A windshirt will wet through pretty quick. They are okay for little fits of misty stuff. You asked about 100w pile, which is different than a 100w polarfleece. Regardless of the fleece type, yo...

In GEAR » 100wt hooded fleece jacket?
August 08, 12:44pm

LL Bean Power Dry (aka R1) Pullover $50
Spotted this one at LL Bean. Looks like an R1 pullover to me, but with a $50 tag :) http://m.llbean.com/product.html#83890

In Gear Deals » LL Bean Power Dry (aka R1) Pullover $50
August 08, 12:03pm

FS: Katadyn Filter Bottles Micro and Exstream PRICE DROP
Now a mere $15 (was $20) for the pair including US shipping and PayPal fees for both these fine water filter systems.

In Gear Swap » FS: Katadyn Filter Bottles Micro and Exstream
August 07, 12:17pm

Re: Rain & mushrooms
I think he has been sampling the mushrooms.... What is going on there?

In Multiple Use Gear » Pack rain cover = mobile ultralight shelter
August 07, 12:12pm

Re: sun hats
The Sunday Afternoons Adventure hat has a cowl on the back to prevent collisions with your backpack. They are profoundly ugly, but highly functional as well as very effective birth control ;)

In GEAR » sweat & sunglasses management
August 07, 12:08pm

Re: Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Nano Poncho (note, new 15D fabric)
The drawcords are interesting. In their description they describe using them to take up the slack when a pack is not worn. That is usually done by folding the extra 12"-14" material under...

In GEAR » Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Nano Poncho (note, new 15D fabric)
August 07, 12:16am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.