BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 181 - 190 of 7401 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...741

Forum » Thread

Re: Backpacking Pots for Boy Scouts
Olicamp makes the Space Saver hard anodized aluminum pots that fit on a Nalgene and weigh just a bit more than a comparable size Ti pot. They are about $13 on eBay. Walmart has cheap stainless ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Backpacking Pots for Boy Scouts
May 18, 8:26pm

Re: Bear Bagging Throw Rope - Custom Bag for Amsteel Rope
Amsteel is strong but it will snag badly as a bear rope. Consider using arborist's throwing line like Zing It.

In Philmont » Bear Bagging Throw Rope - Custom Bag for Amsteel Rope
May 17, 9:54am

Re: poncho
Froggs Toggs ponchos aren't cut for backpacking. Stadium and fishing stuff IMHO. A true backpacking poncho should be about 14" longer in the rear and should have some means of tucking up t...

In GEAR » The never ending search for alternative rain gear
May 16, 11:38am

Re: lightweight lid for mug
The Evernew 400ml Ti mug with lid is 80g. The REI version I have measures ~80mm, so the lid is too small for your Snowpeak.

In GEAR » lightweight lid for mug
May 16, 10:54am

Re: Have you ever saved someone's life?
I was a crisis intervention volunteer in the early 1970's. We worked though a social service agency serving teenagers and young adults doing outreach for drug overdoses and bad trips, suicides,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Have you ever saved someone's life?
May 16, 10:33am

Re: "How much time do you need outside? Overnight, week(s), month(s), .. more?
I did a lot of day hikes last summer, which was fine. I was looking for conditioning and I got it! I'm fortunate to live on the doorstep to the Cascades and Olympics. I can be on the PCT in...

In Philosophy & Technique » How much time do you need outside? Overnight, week(s), month(s), .. more?
May 15, 1:39pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Conscious gear buyer
Unintentional hypermaterialism.

In GEAR » Conscious gear buyer
May 14, 9:55am

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » PIF: Books: Mount St. Helens Falcon Guide & Day Hike! Mount Rainer
May 13, 7:25pm

Re: Interested
PM sent to Danny in Oz :)

In Gear Swap » FS: Men's Hiking Pants: Patagonia, RailRiders, Ex Officio, Craghoppers, Men's 38/Large
May 12, 8:04pm

Re: Any good, light weight/thin, breathable & actually "wicking" nylon shirts out there?
Polyester base layers will wick, but a nylon button down? Not so much. You can VENT a nylon shirt, but they won't wick and evaporate sweat like a base layer. Of course they will dry, but they w...

In GEAR » Any good, light weight/thin, breathable & actually "wicking" nylon shirts out there?
May 12, 7:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.