BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 181 - 190 of 7171 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...718

Forum » Thread

Re: Last price drop before Ebay
We use this tent for 2 person trips and with a dog too. Lots of living space, excellent ventilation and insect protection good views out the front, easy to pitch. Really excellent for a tall person.

In Gear Swap » MSR Missing Link FS $150
March 06, 10:52am

Re: Printed 240 Silky Saw Handle
Nice work! I pressed twelve $1 bills together and "made" this one that weighs 140g :) Gerber sliding saw:

In Make Your Own Gear » Printed 240 Silky Saw Handle
March 06, 12:52am

Re: Re: joes hat
That feller needs a bath :)

In GEAR » ZPacks™ Pointy Hat
March 05, 10:05pm

Re: joe
Looks more like David Carradine in Kung Fu. "Hike more, Grasshopper!"

March 05, 8:35pm

Re: ZPacks™ Pointy Hat
Clever to work in a visor for a suspension. First thing I thought of when I saw the title: I guess in our case, the Sorting Hat would choose a trail for us. Sit on the stool, put the ha...

March 05, 8:32pm

Re: STARBUCKS VIA instant YEP!
+1 on the Via. Annoyingly expensive, but so easy to live with. I have a half-dozen different coffee filter thingies, but you still have to deal with the grounds and cleanup. Via is digital coffee: ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backcountry coffee
March 05, 8:24pm

Re: One-in-One-Out
"..... I do hold on to the old item for a bit (if I can afford too) incase the new one needs to be sent back under warranty." hehehe--- I wasn't too worried about warranty issues w...

In GEAR » Can't stop changing gear?
March 05, 8:15pm

Re: Red Ledge Poncho now $12
Adam, you're more trouble than a Sierra Trading Post email flyer :) I'm putting my hands over my ears and singing LALALALALALALALA!

In Gear Deals » Red Ledge Backpacker Poncho at REI $17
March 05, 1:19pm

Re: Disease of affluence
"I think this is what they call a "first world problem"..." Yup, we are blessed with abundance and pay the price of being "owned" by our possessions. The UL twist m...

In GEAR » Can't stop changing gear?
March 05, 1:08pm

Re: Aurora Borealis
Nice work! The Northern Lights are fascinating, reminding us that we are on a ball of rock spinning in space. I've seen them maybe twice in Seattle over the years. We took a sub-Polar f...

In Photo Gallery » Aurora Borealis
March 05, 11:29am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.