Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 181 - 190 of 8192 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...820

Forum » Thread

Re: Possible downsides to my way cheaper underquilt idea??
Yup. That's called an "undercover". I have a poncho with elastic cords in the hem that does that too. That is waterproof fabric and condensation hasn't been a problem. IMHO, it is...

In Hammocks » Possible downsides to my way cheaper underquilt idea??
June 29, 9:45pm

Exed Summit Lite 25 closer look
I had a credit at Second Ascent and I also unloaded some packs, so it was time to get one of the Exped's and give it a try. I've had a long history with UL "stuff sacks with straps&qu...

In GEAR » Exped Summit Lite 25 Backpack: Golite Ion Replacement?
June 29, 9:26pm

Re: Ultralight Coffee Options
Coffee grounds are an old cook's trick to rid your hand of garlic odors. So the legend goes, the lover boys of Napoli would chew a coffee bean to take the garlic off their breath before a hot d...

In GEAR » Ultralight Coffee Options
June 29, 6:20pm

Re: Bikepacking shorts with chamois
I like Zoic baggy style shorts with their removable liner--- your choice model with pockets and vents. Other than that, most loose hiking shorts with an added chamois liner are good. I tried a ...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Bikepacking shorts with chamois
June 29, 11:18am

Re: Ultralight Coffee Options
The Frieling One Cup coffee filter is a workable coffee filter if you want the real thing. It comes with an inner liner with holes in the bottom to control water flow and a lid, weighing about 3.6o...

In GEAR » Ultralight Coffee Options
June 29, 9:32am

FS: Water bottles, thermal flasks, liquor flasks, teapot, etc
More stuff from my post garage clean up. Prices include Paypal fees but do NOT include shipping. Send me a PM listing what you want and your zip code and I'll cook up the best deal. Please stic...

In Gear Swap » FS: Water bottles, thermal flasks, liquor flasks, teapot, etc
June 28, 2:35pm

Re: Accurately weight the fuel left in a canister — using your hiking pole
Very clever! I would refrain from etching the pole and use some other method of marking. Scratching some materials like that can create a breaking point, especially carbon fiber. Thin tape, paint, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Accurately weight the fuel left in a canister — using your hiking pole
June 28, 12:00am

Re: Re: Re: CLO charts, etc
I would buy a book authored by Richard in a heartbeat.

In GEAR » Which is warmer?
June 27, 9:48pm

Re: "SUL scissors? (or, anyone have these and know the gram weight?)"
The Olfa Touch knife is a SUL cutter at 6.5g and about 47mm diameter. Okay for opening food packs or trimming line, but I'll opt for scissors for grooming.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL scissors? (or, anyone have these and know the gram weight?)
June 27, 9:35pm

Re: PNW: Do Bears Break into Cars????
Yeah, the bears havn't learned yet, but trailhead car prowls are too common. They have planted bait cars at Rainier with success, catching locals red handed. http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattl...

In GEAR » PNW: Do Bears Break into Cars????
June 27, 9:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.