Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 181 - 190 of 402 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...41

Forum » Thread

re: tunnel hoods
Dave, Walter, Two of the hikers in our group have used tunnel hoods with great success. One has a coyote ruff velcroed on and the other has his zipped on. They have it setup to fold back when no...

In Winter Hiking » Mountain Headwear
October 18, 12:17pm

+ 1 on MH Lamina
+ 1 on the -30 degree lamina. I own this bag and it is generously sized, so you can wear layers and bring in gear to warm up with you. I have used it down to -14 F and hope to go lower this win...

In GEAR » Any good synthetic -20 bags out there?
October 18, 9:46am

Head games
Chris, I feel your pain. I remember waking up in the middle of the night to find that I had ripped the balaclava off of my head...must have been too tight. My noggin is in the one size doesn'...

In Winter Hiking » Mountain Headwear
October 18, 6:26am

flying diamond with a beak
I know you are counting ounces, but why not go with an old style 10 x 10 Flat tarp with mid-panel tie-outs. your pitching options are limitless, and you can pitch the sides of the diamond to the gr...

In GEAR » Virgaoutdoors Wraith (.51 Cuben Fiber 9x7 Tarp) first pitch and impressions....
October 18, 5:44am

morning bump
anyone?

In Gear Swap » WTB - prism sighting compass
October 17, 4:46am

WTB - prism sighting compass
Looking for a prism sighting compass that is no longer made by Brunton. (Brunton Nexus 54LU Combi ) Thanks Dave

In Gear Swap » WTB - prism sighting compass
October 16, 6:00am

quest pattern.
+1 on the quest pattern. It comes as a full size pattern S-M-L. I modified it a bit and made an entre arctic glove system. enjoy, Dave

In Make Your Own Gear » Instructions for making rain mitts
October 16, 4:57am

winter sled trip
I'm going to a tarp this year, but last year used an SL-3 Dave

In Winter Hiking » Post your winter shelter and campsite photos here
October 15, 5:51am

neos
I have two winter boot systems - a VBL and a totally breathable system. (we hike on extended trips with no re-supply or big fires) VBL - insulated neos with extended gaiter, neos insole, 3 so...

In Winter Hiking » Overboots & "underboots"
October 15, 5:44am

weight
Jeremy, The total weight is 12 ounces. The netting was 5 ounces before I cut off the skirting. The tyvek is an old ground sheet and can be repaired or replaced for cheap. Now if the dog decides...

In Make Your Own Gear » man & dog bug bivy
October 13, 5:41pm

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am