November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 181 - 190 of 406 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...41

Forum » Thread

don't overlook externals
When you start carrying loads and the pack maufacturers are adding hoops and stays, the weight can exceed a good external. The ventilation and comfort can't be beat. I modified an external an...

In GEAR » Going back to big packs
October 19, 6:26am

kelty cashe hauler
This may be a good second if you can't find the DD. I have been using a modified one for the past year and really enjoy it's versatlilty. You can order the packbag also. I have used it in 9...

In Gear Swap » WTB Dana Design Exterior Frame Pack
October 18, 9:07pm

winter bivy challenge
First entry in my quest for the most versatile winter bivy is a hack job on a black diamond winter bivy. I added a foot box, 8 inch side walls and a breathable slippery top elongated to cover my fa...

In Make Your Own Gear » winter bivy challenge
October 18, 8:20pm

very impressive. looks like you have plenty of room in there. Great design. you should sell them. Dave

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished my Dbl wall tent
October 18, 8:06pm

re: tunnel hoods
Dave, Walter, Two of the hikers in our group have used tunnel hoods with great success. One has a coyote ruff velcroed on and the other has his zipped on. They have it setup to fold back when no...

In Winter Hiking » Mountain Headwear
October 18, 12:17pm

+ 1 on MH Lamina
+ 1 on the -30 degree lamina. I own this bag and it is generously sized, so you can wear layers and bring in gear to warm up with you. I have used it down to -14 F and hope to go lower this win...

In GEAR » Any good synthetic -20 bags out there?
October 18, 9:46am

Head games
Chris, I feel your pain. I remember waking up in the middle of the night to find that I had ripped the balaclava off of my head...must have been too tight. My noggin is in the one size doesn'...

In Winter Hiking » Mountain Headwear
October 18, 6:26am

flying diamond with a beak
I know you are counting ounces, but why not go with an old style 10 x 10 Flat tarp with mid-panel tie-outs. your pitching options are limitless, and you can pitch the sides of the diamond to the gr...

In GEAR » Virgaoutdoors Wraith (.51 Cuben Fiber 9x7 Tarp) first pitch and impressions....
October 18, 5:44am

morning bump

In Gear Swap » WTB - prism sighting compass
October 17, 4:46am

WTB - prism sighting compass
Looking for a prism sighting compass that is no longer made by Brunton. (Brunton Nexus 54LU Combi ) Thanks Dave

In Gear Swap » WTB - prism sighting compass
October 16, 6:00am

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am