BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 181 - 190 of 849 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...85

Forum » Thread

Re: REALLY COOL, but what the heck?
On the Ken Burns series on the national parks, they talked about how sheepherders were grazing flocks there from the mid-1800's, also a lot of tree-cutting was going on before there was actual ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 100 years in tuolomne...
December 19, 4:26pm

Re: tenkara
If you're trying to do it on the cheap for your kids, you could try one of the options in this thread: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_...

In Fishing » fishing the jmt
December 16, 8:07pm

Re: Waist belts/shoulder straps
I think that is pretty clear. Looks like the webbing goes through the entire horizontal part of the T with a knot at the far end. Thanks (again!).

In Make Your Own Gear » $7 Waist Belt
December 13, 3:31pm

Re: Re: Waist belts - to make or not to make
Daryl - where/how do you attach the lower end of your shoulder straps?

December 12, 1:25pm

Re: Re: $7 Waist Belt
Aha! Thanks, Daryl - that is very clear now.

December 06, 3:00pm

Re: $7 Waist Belt
Okay, I give up - how do you use the loops you attached in connecting to the pack frame? I'm having trouble envisioning it. If I recall correctly, the small loops are on the bottom, and you r...

December 06, 2:12pm

Re: Re: Sierra Lakes & Tranquility
What sort of camera did you use for these, Doug? Beautiful photos!!!

In Photo Gallery » Sierra Lakes & Tranquility
December 06, 9:18am

Re: Instaflator
That's why I broke down and got the Exped mini-pump (used with the tubing from the Xtherm stuffsack/inflator, it fits Neo-Airs). At 1.4 oz, it's not too bad and is less tedious for me than...

In GEAR » air mattress pump?
December 05, 11:34am

Re: Sony RX100
Lovely video, Patrick. Off topic, a couple of questions: What are the fungi/plants at 2:42? And what is the music you used?

In Photography » New camera suggestions
December 05, 9:01am

Re: Which is more comfortable: NeoAir Xlite or ProLite Plus?
Xlite for me; I'm a side sleeper (and a cold sleeper), and the Xlite is way more comfortable for me. I am probably going to go beyond to the Xtherm next time, as the nights that dropped below ...

In GEAR » Which is more comfortable: NeoAir Xlite or ProLite Plus?
December 02, 1:53pm

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm