Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 181 - 190 of 657 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...66

Forum » Thread

Re: QR Codes and Trail Signs
Timothy - I was thinking the same thing. All of these whizbang things will be made somewhat obsolete by GPS-enabled devices that work anywhere and provide communication. And with that, the great...

In GEAR » QR Codes + Trail Signs
June 18, 4:49pm

Re: QR Codes + Trail Signs
I am trying to keep an open mind to this and can appreciate practical applications for using QR Codes - for example, the nature preserve with interpretive stops being one applicable example. But I...

In GEAR » QR Codes + Trail Signs
June 18, 4:17am

It would be, however, a rather persuasive argument...
...to sign up for the MLIFE membership level.

In Chaff » Eternal Life?
June 18, 3:29am

Re: PNW/North Cascades Help
Steven - You are absolutely correct, that area is complete overlap with the exception of the first part. I haven't hiked along that road off of Brinnon, that's great to know! (I've g...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » PNW/North Cascades Help
June 13, 10:43pm

Re: PNW/North Cascades Help
Brian - There are a few trips I can think of - the most obvious fact is that snow and trail conditions will be the overriding consideration. We had a very snowy winter and a rather wet spring. T...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » PNW/North Cascades Help
June 13, 9:51pm

Lenses matter
There is a large difference between the quality and flexibility you will get from a dSLR or a 4/3rds camera and a a S95. That isn't to say you cannot produce outstanding shots with a compact; p...

In Photography » Canon s95 v. DSLR
June 12, 9:44pm

Re: Steripen users advise
Thank you all for taking the time to answer my question. I appreciate everyone sharing their perspectives when it comes to Steripen use and reliability. The advice offered here is quite helpful, an...

In GEAR » Steripen users advise
June 07, 1:03am

Re: Steripen users advise
This is what ultimately leaves me a bit at a loss of how to evaluate the steripen. Most people praise the technology; but the reliability of said technology is at best a mixed bag. Until there is a...

In GEAR » Steripen users advise
June 05, 8:58pm

Re: 8000m East to 8000m West: A Trek across the Himalaya Range
That's an impressive journey. Sounds like a life dream. Thank for posting this! Dirk

In Post-Trip Reports » 8000m East to 8000m West: A Trek Across The Himalaya Range (2,500- 3,000mi)
June 04, 12:43am

Re: The Pacific Northwest Gear Thread
Curt - +1 on both points. I do have some bungee on one of my tarptents and it helps. Doesn't eliminate the issue, but does help. I also liked the tip about snugging up a tarp in Mike Clelland&#...

In GEAR » The Pacific Northwest Gear Thread
May 30, 11:32am

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.