November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 181 - 190 of 657 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...66

Forum » Thread

Re: QR Codes and Trail Signs
Timothy - I was thinking the same thing. All of these whizbang things will be made somewhat obsolete by GPS-enabled devices that work anywhere and provide communication. And with that, the great...

In GEAR » QR Codes + Trail Signs
June 18, 4:49pm

Re: QR Codes + Trail Signs
I am trying to keep an open mind to this and can appreciate practical applications for using QR Codes - for example, the nature preserve with interpretive stops being one applicable example. But I...

In GEAR » QR Codes + Trail Signs
June 18, 4:17am

It would be, however, a rather persuasive argument... sign up for the MLIFE membership level.

In Chaff » Eternal Life?
June 18, 3:29am

Re: PNW/North Cascades Help
Steven - You are absolutely correct, that area is complete overlap with the exception of the first part. I haven't hiked along that road off of Brinnon, that's great to know! (I've g...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » PNW/North Cascades Help
June 13, 10:43pm

Re: PNW/North Cascades Help
Brian - There are a few trips I can think of - the most obvious fact is that snow and trail conditions will be the overriding consideration. We had a very snowy winter and a rather wet spring. T...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » PNW/North Cascades Help
June 13, 9:51pm

Lenses matter
There is a large difference between the quality and flexibility you will get from a dSLR or a 4/3rds camera and a a S95. That isn't to say you cannot produce outstanding shots with a compact; p...

In Photography » Canon s95 v. DSLR
June 12, 9:44pm

Re: Steripen users advise
Thank you all for taking the time to answer my question. I appreciate everyone sharing their perspectives when it comes to Steripen use and reliability. The advice offered here is quite helpful, an...

In GEAR » Steripen users advise
June 07, 1:03am

Re: Steripen users advise
This is what ultimately leaves me a bit at a loss of how to evaluate the steripen. Most people praise the technology; but the reliability of said technology is at best a mixed bag. Until there is a...

In GEAR » Steripen users advise
June 05, 8:58pm

Re: 8000m East to 8000m West: A Trek across the Himalaya Range
That's an impressive journey. Sounds like a life dream. Thank for posting this! Dirk

In Post-Trip Reports » 8000m East to 8000m West: A Trek Across The Himalaya Range (2,500- 3,000mi)
June 04, 12:43am

Re: The Pacific Northwest Gear Thread
Curt - +1 on both points. I do have some bungee on one of my tarptents and it helps. Doesn't eliminate the issue, but does help. I also liked the tip about snugging up a tarp in Mike Clelland&#...

In GEAR » The Pacific Northwest Gear Thread
May 30, 11:32am

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.