BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 181 - 190 of 590 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...59

Forum » Thread

waist packs
I have the Arc Blast with 2 hip belt pockets, and the Multipack used as a lid. I really like the hip belt pockets--great size for map, compass, camera, snacks, and lip stuff. I did ask Joe to cha...

In GEAR » zpacks "multipack"
August 21, 4:49pm

dang hyperlink!
Ok, I've tried three times to get the hyperlink to work, and it doesn't seem to. Here's the link to copy/paste for collapsible chopsticks: http://www.amazon.com/Integral-Design-Colla...

In GEAR » Silly indulgence (utensil thread)
August 17, 9:27pm

collapsible chopsticks
Here's another set of collapsible chopsticks. They come in a few colors as well. I marked mine for measuring water; hold the stick in the cup, and pour water up to the chosen line. this ...

In GEAR » Silly indulgence (utensil thread)
August 17, 9:17pm

running funky
This summer I've been experimenting with running tights under a skirt, after last summer using nylon hiking pants and being tired of putting them on cold and wet in the morning during a four da...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking Tights - Part 1
August 17, 6:23pm

Black Diamond Whippet
Has anyone had any experience with the Black Diamond Whippet trekking pole/ice pick? I think I remember reading that Balls used it on the PCT, but I'd like to know if anyone has actually used ...

In GEAR » Learning how to use an ice axe this winter near Asheville
August 13, 8:08pm

Sorry, Mark
But eating in the woods is serious business, no games played here! ;-)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » capers on the trail
August 13, 6:43pm

capers on the trail
Since pickling is a form of preservation, do you think I could take capers out on the trail, 4-5 days in west Central Washington, and not have to worry about them? Or, should I dehydrate them firs...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » capers on the trail
August 13, 5:11pm

web-site that had inflammatory info?
Hey, I want to know what web-site was cited above that had the Glycemic Index and Inflammatory profile. That looks cool!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » New Breakfast Option
August 13, 5:08pm

hiking light on the trail
Neither my boyfriend nor I are truly ultralight, but we get this all the time when we're out. We still regret to this day not having a trailside "what's in your pack" show-and-te...

In Philosophy & Technique » Current conversations with JMT hikers
August 04, 6:57pm

runs a bit chilly in the mountains
I used to use one, found it to be a bit chilly in the mountains, usually I had to wear my down jacket at night, and once in a while my down pants. I've switched to an EE Rev X 30 degree quilt ...

In GEAR » Mont-bell UL SS #3
August 04, 6:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am