BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 181 - 190 of 528 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...53

Forum » Thread

Holden/Pacific Crest Trail/Sahalee/Stehekin
I haven't sat down and figured out the mileages or days yet, but here's a route I'm tentatively considering, that works out to a loop, for the vehicle anyway. Take the boat up the lake...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 2 week backpack trip in North Cascades
May 01, 1:13pm

New Trent
I've been using a New Trent 5000mAh pack, bought off Amazon. Haven't used it under thru hike conditions, but it's worked well, powers my iPod, motorola (non-smart) phone, external spea...

In GEAR » ADVICE: Best Lightweight Battery Brick for PCT Thru-Hike = Mophie vs. others (RAVpower, Xuma, etc.)
April 29, 2:00pm

Glacier Peak access
With the Suiattle River Road washed out, how are folks accessing the Glacier Peak Wilderness area, specifically right around Glacier Peak itself?

April 29, 1:16pm

walk-in
If we were just trying to go for a few days, I would go that route. We had an eleven day itinerary worked out, and the chances of being able to get a full circuit seems doubful at best. I'm a...

April 28, 5:49pm

I did it!
I went ahead today and shortened a Neoair large. Knocked about a foot off the length, and nearly 3 ounces in weight. Seems to be holding air well, I laid on it for about 15 minutes and didn't...

In GEAR » Can you shorten a Neoair?
April 28, 5:12pm

I'm an idiot
I forgot that I had that Trekking Washington book; it got shoved to the back of the book shelf, behind all the day hiking books! The loop around Glacier Peak looks intriguing. Don't know that...

April 27, 6:54am

wow!
Now, that's ambitious! I've wanted to thru hike the Pacific Northwest Trail, have read Chris Townsend's book Razor Clams and Grizzly Bears, I'll check out that section. Keep ...

April 25, 2:03pm

2 week backpack trip in North Cascades
I have the last 2 weeks of August off, free to backpack. I got turned down for my Wonderland Trail itinerary, so I'm looking around for other long loops to go play on. I've never backpacke...

April 25, 1:40pm

yoga mat?
This sounds really, really wimpy, but I hike mostly in national parks, with established campsites that are pounded to dust. I don't particularly enjoy rolling around in the dirt. So, does any...

In Philosophy & Technique » Yoga poses for on the trail
April 24, 9:03am

transition lenses
Love the Transition lenses. I wear glasses all the time, never contacts, but the Transition lenses I never have to carry sunglasses. One caveat: I've never hiked in them above 8,000 ft, so I ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Contact lenses: a friendly warning (that has nothing to do with hygiene).
April 22, 5:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am