Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 181 - 190 of 608 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...61

Forum » Thread

What do you rehydrate in?
So, currently we eat out of freezer bags, rehydrating meals I've packaged up at home from dehydrated ingredients. Lately, we've been camping a lot above tree-line, and thus have been using...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » What do you rehydrate in?
September 29, 2:48pm

Why leukotape?
'cause it's the only thing that stuck to my feet. Duct tape peeled right off, so did several special purpose blister pads. Leukotape stuck on, and could be left on for a day or two. It d...

In GEAR » Foot care kit, need help.
September 25, 8:18pm

sharing photos online
Don't know if this is the best forum for this question, but I'm wondering what web-sites folks use for uploading photos to the web and sharing them with friends and family. I used to use P...

In Photography » sharing photos online
September 24, 6:32pm

Central Oregon backpacking ideas
My boyfriend and I were supposed to go backpacking in the northwest corner of Mt. Rainier NP this week-end. However, the weather is looking pretty sucky. I want to have a back-up plan, and based ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Central Oregon backpacking ideas
September 17, 10:15am

down hasn't been a problem--yet
I live in Washington State, and backpack in the Cascades and Olympics. I have only down sleeping bags, and I really haven't seen a problem. I will say that with the exception of 1 10 day trip...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » down sleeping bags
September 15, 6:05pm

emergency use of Starlyte Stove
I could have just e-mailed Dan Yeruski on this, but I thought I'd throw it out to the community in case someone else had similar questions. I've been really happy with the Starlyte stove...

In GEAR » emergency use of Starlyte Stove
September 15, 1:21pm

Re: popcorn
"Buttered or nutritional yeast?" Nutritional yeast--I'm allergic to dairy.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why barefoot isn't best for most runners
September 14, 11:09pm

not healthy
Recent TV ads promoting Nutella as a healthy breakfast for kids makes me cringe--the first ingredient is SUGAR. Peanut Butter made of nothing but peanuts would be much healthier. In fact, why are...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » New trail food intro: Powdered peanut butter
September 09, 7:24am

latest look at website
I did not see any boot design on the web-site at all, in any category. I'm hoping it's a temporary take-down, because they are fixing the mistakes they made in design this year and that th...

In GEAR » 2013 inov-8 Roclite 295s
September 07, 10:47pm

Where to go?
The Pacific Northwest Trail!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Balls and Sunshine among 1st four to finish the CDT this year
September 06, 7:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am