Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Danny Milks (dannymilks) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sierras
About Me After having worked for four years at UC Davis Outdoor Adventures (as an assistant manager and guide) and two years at Shasta Mountain Guides (as a guide), my wife and I have decided it's time for a change. We got rid of everything we owned and are now in the midst of a multi-year world travel. We are mostly interested in healthy food and backpacking in all of the great mountain ranges. When we had a "home" we enjoyed cycling, backcountry skiing, running, and gardening.
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://trektogether.blogspot.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Danny Milks

Showing 181 - 190 of 233 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Packs and Pack Animals
Ruben - You can find our initial gear list in our first article: The Global Test: One Gear List for Two Years and Five Continents To answer your question: Kristin has a GoLite Jam2 (2008), women...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hiking the Santa Cruz Loop in Peru’s Cordillera Blanca: Global Test Photo Essay
April 20, 2:05am

Bariloche - Patagonia
Scott - We went to Bariloche in January 2010, after we had already trekked in Tierra del Fuego, Torres del Paine, and Los Glaciares (Fitz Roy). Bariloche is generally considered to be at th...

In Editor's Roundtable » Home Away From Home In Argentina’s Lake District: Global Test Photo Essay
March 30, 2:32pm

Many Thanks
I just wanted to say thank you to everybody for the positive comments. We really appreciate Addie and the BPL staff for all the hard work they put into these articles. We are happy to read your com...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ten Days in Torres del Paine: Global Test Photo Essay
March 15, 11:21am

Budget Travel to Patagonia
Philip - Travel IN South America is cheap, but travel TO South America is of course more expensive. Flights to Lima, Peru are the cheapest (a few hundred bucks from Miami, DC, etc) and fairly c...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ten Days in Torres del Paine: Global Test Photo Essay
March 15, 11:10am

OMM - The Original Mountain Marathon
Has anybody done the OMM in Scotland? Sign-ups just started for this year's race in October. Looks pretty hardcore. It also seems reasonably priced for a two-day event. OMM - Original Mount...

In On the Web » OMM - The Original Mountain Marathon
March 15, 9:48am

Camera Equipment
You might laugh, or cry. But the camera I used is the Panasonic TS1. It's Panasonic's first waterproof/crushproof/dustproof camera that I bought in June 2009. My tripod is the Joby Gorillap...

In Editor's Roundtable » Small Wonders of Latin America - Global Test Photo Essay
March 04, 4:47pm

Really?
No Nutella mention? Oh so tasty and extremely high in calories! What could be better? :)

In Editor's Roundtable » Food Planning Using Pounds Per Person Per Day
March 02, 10:24am

Klattermusen Buckle
Eins - Thanks for the clarification. I hadn't seen that buckle used before, but my knowledge base is limited to the last 10 years or so.

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 2 - Powered by Nutella
February 16, 2:06am

Kohla vs. Ortovox; Soto, Devold, Cilao, and more..
Callahan: this is the shovel you are referencing: Ortovox Cougar Avalanche Shovel. The blade is made of lexan polycarbonate, it weighs 630g and retails for $52 in the US. Kathy and Douglas -...

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 4 - Technical Treats
February 13, 8:49am

Net Baselayers
Yeah, I'd like to test the CoolNet and WoolNet clothing out. I do have questions about getting sunburned though!

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 3 - A Smorgasbord of Worldly Flavors
February 13, 8:37am

All Reader Reviews by Danny Milks

Danny Milks has posted no reviews.