BPL Community Profile

Danny Milks (dannymilks) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sierras
About Me After having worked for four years at UC Davis Outdoor Adventures (as an assistant manager and guide) and two years at Shasta Mountain Guides (as a guide), my wife and I have decided it's time for a change. We got rid of everything we owned and are now in the midst of a multi-year world travel. We are mostly interested in healthy food and backpacking in all of the great mountain ranges. When we had a "home" we enjoyed cycling, backcountry skiing, running, and gardening.
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://trektogether.blogspot.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Danny Milks

Showing 181 - 190 of 228 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Camera Equipment
You might laugh, or cry. But the camera I used is the Panasonic TS1. It's Panasonic's first waterproof/crushproof/dustproof camera that I bought in June 2009. My tripod is the Joby Gorillap...

In Editor's Roundtable » Small Wonders of Latin America - Global Test Photo Essay
March 04, 4:47pm

Really?
No Nutella mention? Oh so tasty and extremely high in calories! What could be better? :)

In Editor's Roundtable » Food Planning Using Pounds Per Person Per Day
March 02, 10:24am

Klattermusen Buckle
Eins - Thanks for the clarification. I hadn't seen that buckle used before, but my knowledge base is limited to the last 10 years or so.

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 2 - Powered by Nutella
February 16, 2:06am

Kohla vs. Ortovox; Soto, Devold, Cilao, and more..
Callahan: this is the shovel you are referencing: Ortovox Cougar Avalanche Shovel. The blade is made of lexan polycarbonate, it weighs 630g and retails for $52 in the US. Kathy and Douglas -...

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 4 - Technical Treats
February 13, 8:49am

Net Baselayers
Yeah, I'd like to test the CoolNet and WoolNet clothing out. I do have questions about getting sunburned though!

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 3 - A Smorgasbord of Worldly Flavors
February 13, 8:37am

Angled zippers
There is a difference between the angled zippers (pictured above, and used by Klattermussen) and perfectly vertical zippers with a curve at the top (R1, Arc Teryx, etc) which avoid the chin. I ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 4 - Technical Treats
February 10, 5:10am

Radikal Bathtubs
John - What was the reason for wearing the Millet Radikal Speeds on the CDT? It seems like it would be too stiff for long distance hiking.

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 3 - A Smorgasbord of Worldly Flavors
February 09, 12:11pm

Alpinist Availability
Hi Ben - We returned to Alpinist today. They don't have a distributor in the US per se, but they do have a business associate in San Diego. As soon as we get that contact info, we'll post i...

February 09, 11:01am

Alpinist Sleeping Pad
D W - That may not have been the best method to vent our frustration about how little information is available from reps. Thanks for bringing that to our attention. We sometimes struggle with how ...

February 09, 6:47am

Yeti Bags
Wolfgang - Thanks for the comparison between WM and Yeti bags. It is great to hear about the real-world experiences. Yeti did say that the only other company in the world that has the same quality ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 2 - Powered by Nutella
February 09, 6:29am

All Reader Reviews by Danny Milks

Danny Milks has posted no reviews.