BPL Community Profile

Danny Milks (dannymilks) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sierras
About Me After having worked for four years at UC Davis Outdoor Adventures (as an assistant manager and guide) and two years at Shasta Mountain Guides (as a guide), my wife and I have decided it's time for a change. We got rid of everything we owned and are now in the midst of a multi-year world travel. We are mostly interested in healthy food and backpacking in all of the great mountain ranges. When we had a "home" we enjoyed cycling, backcountry skiing, running, and gardening.
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://trektogether.blogspot.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Danny Milks

Showing 181 - 190 of 221 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Alpinist Availability
Hi Ben - We returned to Alpinist today. They don't have a distributor in the US per se, but they do have a business associate in San Diego. As soon as we get that contact info, we'll post i...

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 3 - A Smorgasbord of Worldly Flavors
February 09, 11:01am

Alpinist Sleeping Pad
D W - That may not have been the best method to vent our frustration about how little information is available from reps. Thanks for bringing that to our attention. We sometimes struggle with how ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 3 - A Smorgasbord of Worldly Flavors
February 09, 6:47am

Yeti Bags
Wolfgang - Thanks for the comparison between WM and Yeti bags. It is great to hear about the real-world experiences. Yeti did say that the only other company in the world that has the same quality ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 2 - Powered by Nutella
February 09, 6:29am

re: Golite returns
Dan - We were impressed by the Bitterroot parka. Golite did say that they wanted to make what they thought was the best jacket out there regardless of price point. They didn't feel that any ext...

February 08, 11:48pm

Link
Thanks Eugene for correcting that!

February 08, 8:21am

Answers Part 2
Eric - The Milo Shawar does have pit zips. We forgot that detail among the plethora of other features on the jacket. Jeff - Milo products are currently available in 30 countries, but not the UK...

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 1 - International Delights
February 08, 8:20am

Answers?
Jeff - We'll ask Milo about purchases from the US. We're asking that question of all companies on Days 2-4. Both Milo and Gelanots say that the fabric is 20,000 mm/h2o and 20,000 g/m^2/...

February 07, 5:18pm

Sir Joseph
Hendrik - let us know what year your jacket was made. We had no problems using the zippers at their exhibit, so maybe the newer models have addessed this issue. Thanks for bringing this to our atte...

February 07, 4:21am

A mountaineering necessity
Most female Shasta mountaineering guides that I know use a Freshette. Some of the reasons: -The guides don't moon the clients when there is no place to be modest, which is most of the mountain...

In GEAR » Female Urinary Device: FUD
February 02, 2:44pm

FS in Europe: Caldera Cone System for 1.3 liter pots
I am selling a Trail Designs Caldera Cone System for 1.3 liter pots. I bought this alcohol/esbit stove setup in July in the US and have used it approximately 20 times. Everything is fully functiona...

In Gear Swap » FS in Europe: Caldera Cone System for 1.3 liter pots
January 19, 2:50am

All Reader Reviews by Danny Milks

Danny Milks has posted no reviews.