Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Sunny Waller (dancer) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southeast USA
About Me Grew up playing in the lakes and the mountains of North Georgia. Started backpacking in a coed Explorer Scout Troup in the 1970's (yes I am a girl) I outfitted & led groups on backpacking trips for 20 years until I was totalled by a drunk driver. I got back on the trail when I read Ray Jardine's book Beyond Backpacking. I teach lightweight backpacking programs for different groups and currently have a great gig at the LenFoote Hike Inn. I am a member of the Trail Dames hiking club.
CityAtlanta
StateGa
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sunny Waller

Showing 181 - 190 of 245 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Gatewood cape updates??
Any of you gatewood cape users have any more tips of advice for me after using it this spring and summer?? Its too hot to go out backpacking in my neck of the woods so I have been unable to take m...

In GEAR » Gatewood cape updates??
August 04, 9:23am

Re: Re: Ultralight vs old school
I remember my first love...a Dana Design Terraplane..I tried it on in the outfitters store and was hooked!!! It was awesome. It did make a 50 pound load feel like 20. It was so easy to pack. I was ...

In GEAR » Mystery Ranch Backpacks equals Dana Design quality?
July 24, 11:01am

Re: Re: Help with my torso clothing
I use a similar setup for upper and lower layers: Patagonia midweight Capilene Patagonia Micro Puff Vest Marmot Precip for rain/wind protection Mountain Hardware windshirt combined with gloves...

In GEAR » Help with my torso clothing
July 24, 10:06am

Re: Boundaries
Good Point Al...my situation was not life or death. I had spent enough time with this couple for them to understand that I was an experienced backpacker. I had even mentioned that I was test drivin...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Solo or No Go
June 26, 12:34pm

Re: Re: Re: TT Rainbow
Actually I must confess I do not own a DAM....mine have synthetic fill in them-not down. I own a Pacific Outdoors Insul Mat (24 oz) and I just got a Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Mummy Pad-Petite si...

In GEAR » Love at first sight
June 23, 7:40am

Re: Hex for three shorter people
Duh...now why didn't I think of that..I will have to try that next time I take the hex out. I must say it is a wonderful tent.

In GEAR » Hex 3: for 3 or not?
June 23, 7:08am

hex 3
I was very disappointed when I bought my hex and discovered you had to use the center pole when using the nest. The tent could be modified to add a thru strap that allows you to tie off the nest to...

In GEAR » Hex 3: for 3 or not?
June 20, 12:09pm

Re: pictures
I am also interested in that stove..make sure you let us know when it is available.

In GEAR » Ultralight Bushbuddy
June 14, 11:52am

Love at first sight
What gear have you tried once..fell in love with and are still using even though there might be newer or lighter options out there. This is gear you like so much you would not leave home without it...

In GEAR » Love at first sight
June 11, 6:48am

Re: Patronizing/Protective
My 4 basics are: Quality Shelter: Lunar Solo Tarptent Quality Bag: WM Highlite or Ultralite Quality Rain-Wind Gear-Marmot precip Quality Insulating Layers:Patagonia capilene and puff vest. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Solo or No Go
June 11, 6:28am

All Reader Reviews by Sunny Waller

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks customer service
I have ordered many products from Zpacks. The website is very specific about the wait time for gear that has to be made and Joe has never failed to deliver within that time frame. I had no problems re...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 13, 8:28pm

zpacks Company
I ordered some small stuff from ZPacks. The post office lost it and kept referring me to different people who just kept saying "yes..it's lost". I called Joe to make him aware and he imm...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 15, 10:30am