BPL Community Profile

John Myers (dallas) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me John Myers has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Myers

Showing 181 - 190 of 260 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

FS: Western Mountaineering Ultralite Super-Long
Elena, Thanks for the info, that's a sweet bag, but I have decided on another. John

In Gear Swap » FS: Western Mountaineering Ultralite Super-Long
April 21, 9:35pm

WM
pm sent

In Gear Swap » FS: Western Mountaineering Ultralite Super-Long
April 21, 1:47pm

McHale Pack
Steve, Sorry to hear about that. I think the only reasonable thing to do is to sell your McHale pack to me.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » getting motivated...
April 21, 9:11am

Re: WM or MB UL SS #1 for 11 year old?
Robert, Yes, he helps pay for his own gear. If we can find a 2 pound 15 or 20 degree bag for less, that would be fine with me. Hiking and camping are his favorite activities, and he takes good...

In GEAR » WM megalite or Montbell U.L SS #3
April 17, 9:22pm

Baseball?
Since I live in Dallas and we don't have professional baseball, no, I really don't miss it while hiking (or any other time, really). (for the curious, we don't consider the Tex...

In Chaff » Baseball?
April 17, 3:09pm

WM or MB
James, Yes, I think I need a 15 or 20 degree bag for him, was considering the MB #1 or maybe even a WM Versalite.

April 17, 2:55pm

+1
Ah, thanks. I always considered the pad part of the sleeping system. Especially since I can't sleep without one. :)

In GEAR » Whats your weight for the big 3+1
April 17, 2:48pm

Big 3
Ali, I'm no pro and certainly not as light as many here, but my basic summer big 3 list is: ZPack Blast pack 7.5 oz Hennessey Hammock (modified) 25 oz MLD tarp 7 oz JRB quilt 23 oz GG i...

In GEAR » Whats your weight for the big 3+1
April 17, 2:27pm

WM or MB UL SS #1 for 11 year old?
I've been considering both bags for my 11 year old for this summer's hike. He is about 5' tall and slim (and sleeps cold). I'm probably leaning toward the Montbell UL SuperStretch p...

April 17, 2:04pm

Vasque Breeze XCR
I looked at a number of boot options and ended up with the Vasque Breeze XCR's. Not as light as the Inov8's, but I really wanted to try on a lot of pairs to get the best fit. I think they a...

In GEAR » Lightweight Boots
April 17, 1:42pm

All Reader Reviews by John Myers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Exo with external stays
I recently returned from a 10 day trek at Philmont Scout Ranch and took a ZPack Exo external frame pack. My base weight was 10 pounds but I wanted a pack that could handle the extra weight and volu...

In Backpacks - External Frame
June 26, 1:55pm