BPL Community Profile

Chris S (csteutterman) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Chris S has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListUltimate JMT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris S

Showing 181 - 190 of 581 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...59

Forum » Thread

Scales
I have and use a scale and definitely find it helpful, but I wouldn't say that it's necessary. If I didn't have it, I think I'd bring pretty much all of the same stuff that I do no...

In GEAR » Asked about backpacking gear
March 29, 12:10pm

National Geographic TOPO! Software
I have an older version of the California maps that I recently starting using again and am wondering a couple things. - Is it possible to create the entire route for a trip, then break it up int...

In Pre-Trip Planning » National Geographic TOPO! Software
March 29, 11:50am

Night 1
For short trips I sometimes just make a sandwich at home and have that for dinner the first night. Not really UL, but tasty. Add your favorite chips on the side and you've got yourself a meal.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Stoveless, potless, sporkless, knifeless, assembly free, pre-packaged food ideas...
March 28, 2:43pm

Re: Re: Batteries
Thank you both. I used the Panasonic Lithium CR123A 3V Photo Lithium Batteries, which were recommend on the Steripen website.

In GEAR » Help with Water Purification (PCT Thru-Hike)
March 27, 3:27pm

Batteries
Sorry to derail the thread a bit, but which batteries are you using, Ben? I got the Adventurer Opti this past summer and burned through a set of batteries in about 10 days when treating water for ...

In GEAR » Help with Water Purification (PCT Thru-Hike)
March 27, 3:01pm

Re: Golite quilt
I emailed them asking about the specs for the size long a couple weeks ago and this was the reply: "The fill weight on the Ultra Light 3 season Long is 375g. Size in the included stuff sac...

In GEAR » Golite Ultralight Three Season Quilt
March 21, 9:52am

Re: Not hard numbers.
"my baseweight is under 5lb... " I prefer to pull my stuff in a roller suitcase to achieve a zero pound base weight. And how did you come up with 12lbs as the cap for UL status? I&...

In Philosophy & Technique » Base weight/body weight
March 20, 11:48am

Packability
Good point that they pack a little easier. My 700ml backcountry.com pot does pack into a nice tidy package with the canister stove, fuel canister and spoon.

In GEAR » Pot Question. Short wide, tall skinny.
March 20, 11:40am

Re: Ditched the Hammock & Other Changes
That sounds like a nice shelter set up. The patrol shelter has been tempting me for a while. I think the 13lb with bear can is pretty good and was about what I had. You could get a little bit li...

In Gear Lists » Mid August 2012 JMT
March 20, 11:32am

Re: Nepal ideas Oct 2012?
I did the Annapurna Circuit and Sanctuary last November and didn't think the road situation was nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Although compared to your experience in 1981 you might h...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Nepal ideas Oct 2012?
March 19, 3:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I bought this pack (along with the optional Hoop Stay and Wing Belt) intending to use it for trips that required a bear canister. The light weight, capacity to fit a bear canister and option to add t...

In Backpacks - Frameless
December 27, 12:46pm