BPL Community Profile

Chris S (csteutterman) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Chris S has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListUltimate JMT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris S

Showing 181 - 190 of 588 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...59

Forum » Thread

Sites to post trip reports?
I was hoping to create my own website where I can post trip reports and other random stuff and am looking for suggestions to get me started as I'm pretty clueless about it. Just looking for so...

In On the Web » Sites to post trip reports?
April 13, 12:32pm

Re: 2012 Gorilla
Looks nice. The hipbelt looks comfy. Not really sure about the zippered pocket on the lid though.

In GEAR » 2012 Gorilla
April 13, 12:17pm

Re: Looking for a 2-person shelter for the CDT
I've never seen one in person, so take this with a grain of salt, but the YAMA Terraform 2P seems pretty similar to the 2P Spinnshelter you mentioned.

In GEAR » Looking for a 2-person shelter for the CDT
March 30, 12:59pm

Goals
If your goal is to get as UL as possible and shave off every gram or ounce, you probably need a scale. If your goal is to just get reasonably light then you can get by without one. Many of us...

In GEAR » Asked about backpacking gear
March 30, 12:39pm

Food
Kier -- Excellent point on the food. Having a scale has definitely made my food planning much better.

March 29, 2:43pm

Re: Re: National Geographic TOPO! Software
Thanks, Bob. I did notice the right-click tool "Split Route Here" feature, but after splitting the full route in 2, it wouldn't let me split those 2 routes. I'll have to try aga...

In Pre-Trip Planning » National Geographic TOPO! Software
March 29, 1:27pm

Re: other's experience
When I first started lightening my load I didn't have a scale. I just listed all my stuff and compared it to other people's lists to see where I could replace or eliminate stuff. I notice...

March 29, 1:22pm

Scales
I have and use a scale and definitely find it helpful, but I wouldn't say that it's necessary. If I didn't have it, I think I'd bring pretty much all of the same stuff that I do no...

March 29, 12:10pm

National Geographic TOPO! Software
I have an older version of the California maps that I recently starting using again and am wondering a couple things. - Is it possible to create the entire route for a trip, then break it up int...

In Pre-Trip Planning » National Geographic TOPO! Software
March 29, 11:50am

Night 1
For short trips I sometimes just make a sandwich at home and have that for dinner the first night. Not really UL, but tasty. Add your favorite chips on the side and you've got yourself a meal.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Stoveless, potless, sporkless, knifeless, assembly free, pre-packaged food ideas...
March 28, 2:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I bought this pack (along with the optional Hoop Stay and Wing Belt) intending to use it for trips that required a bear canister. The light weight, capacity to fit a bear canister and option to add t...

In Backpacks - Frameless
December 27, 12:46pm