BPL Community Profile

Peter McDonough (crazypete) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Above the Divided Line
About Me I backpack as the Studliest Studly Studmuffin of Studly Studliness who ever Studlied himself out of Studlyville.

I cut a large path while leaving no trace and carring less than three pounds in my pack.

If you want knowledge of some real scientific prinicples, talk to me and I will guide you to the sun.

See you on the other side.

And remember to keep to the mean.
CityForm of the Good
StateThe City
CountryUS of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Peter McDonough

Showing 181 - 190 of 221 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Bivy and Tarp Fabrics
Miguel- I have copied and pasted below my earlier post, which was in answer to a question posed by Ryan F. POSTED BY Peter McDonough (crazypete - M) SUBJECT Re: SUL stuff ON 04/09/2006 18:...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bevy of SUL
April 10, 4:32pm

Re: new to texas, need help with gear
OK basic Texas info here we come Summer = hot and miserable Night temps above 80 Bugs: mosquitos- average, but there are ants everywhere(they arent so bad in primitive campgrounds) ...

In Gear Lists » new to texas, need help with gear
April 10, 4:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Multiuse sleeping bags
Why bother with the hole in the middle of the quilt? Just wrap it around your shoulders, and then sew on some velco to hold it in place. This works better than having a hold because the quilt enc...

In Multiple Use Gear » Multiple Use Sleeping Bags
April 09, 7:54pm

Re: Re: Bivy and Tarp Fabrics
Miguel--Please see earlier post.

April 09, 7:51pm

Re: sul
Oh well, I got curious to the weight of the half-finished tarp and it was 5.075 oz. Vick--Can you post some more descriptions of your cape??

April 09, 7:09pm

Re: sul
I will post a weight for the tarp after I decide to make it a cape or a poncho, and then finish it off.

April 09, 7:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Bevy of SUL
Heck yes... if procrastination is your game you had better be able to write 3 page papers in 5 minute passing periods. :D

April 09, 6:22pm

Re: SUL stuff
Dimensons of tarp: 52"x106" Spinnaker Source: Friends with a sailmaking shop's owner--Free Fabrics on Bivy- Spinnaker Bottom(same as tarp) with 1.1 oz DWR Ripstop Nylon, with 1/2 grosgrain pu...

April 09, 6:04pm

Re: Bevy of SUL
OK, after almost finishing the tarp(should I make it a poncho or a cape??), I decided to go ahead and make the bivy sack to go with it and a new stake bag out of the envelope the materials came in....

April 09, 5:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tautline hitch
Hmmmm... OK I'm 5'8" and the tarp is about 52" wide, and when I wrap it around myself the corners seem to drag on the ground. More pictures perhaps to educate me??

April 09, 5:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Peter McDonough

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Ether Wind Shirt (Wisp HP)
Of course you got clammy in it. The temperature was in the mid 60s. There is no need to wear a windshirt in the mid 60s unless you have a slight drizzle or there is a VERY VERY strong wind blowing. ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 16, 12:49pm