BPL Community Profile

Chris Muthig (cmuthig) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Georgia
About Me Chris Muthig has not added a biography yet.
CityAthens
StateGeorgia
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://kringlelight.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Muthig

Showing 181 - 190 of 247 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Nice Score
I'd be right behind him on the merino. If shopping were more like your experience all the time, I think I would enjoy it a lot more. It looks like you find some really great stuff.

In Make Your Own Gear » Fabric Score his Week
September 12, 6:27am

RE: Help me get below 10 pounds
So a couple of things that might help you lose a bit of weight: I'm not sure about the Rockies, but most places along the Southern AT (Your profile says mid Atlantic) I only would want a hea...

In Gear Lists » Help me get below 10 pounds
September 07, 11:03am

Only Using the Pot
You could just replace the deer park bottle completely with a small titanium pot. Whenever you come to a water source, just fill up the pot and drink. It may add a touch of weight, but also will be...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » My XUL Challenge Gear List
September 04, 9:01am

Re: world meet the assault
The pack looks great. What did you use to make the stretch on the pocket? Is it just lycra? How well will the pack compress down, for instance, if I didn't have enough gear to fill it up high? ...

In Make Your Own Gear » world meet the assault
September 02, 7:06am

Getting Out
I actually had a good chance to test this bivy in a storm and in getting out of it quickly just last weekend. I camped up on Black Balsam on the Blue Ridge as it started raining and I only had a mi...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Bivy
September 01, 8:27pm

Make Your Own Plastic Hardware
I'm excited today that my computer science degree I am working towards might have given me my first big help with my myog addiction. Talking to some classmates today, one mentioned this open...

In Make Your Own Gear » Make Your Own Plastic Hardware
August 29, 10:55am

Re: AT 2012 thru-hike list
A couple of questions that I have and others may have as well: Are you going to be doing a north bound or south bound hike? When is your estimated start date? Is this hypothetical gear, or do you o...

In Gear Lists » AT 2012 thru-hike list
August 26, 7:12am

Questions about a mid
I'm working on a Duomid type clone currently, and I have a couple of questions about the steps that will come in the future. The first is, for other people who have used mids, have people o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Questions about a mid
August 25, 10:45am

Tools
The list looks pretty solid. I don't know a whole lot about hammock set ups, so I can't help there, but as far as the tools go, you may be able to drop a little weight. Ditch the second ...

In Gear Lists » 3 Season Hammock 2011 - East Coast
August 23, 12:13pm

Nice Mods
I really like the mods the made to the bivy. I think that adding a few inches of width to the head really helped open up that space and looks a good bit cozier. Did you end up changing the length o...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Bivy
August 22, 10:49am

All Reader Reviews by Chris Muthig

Chris Muthig has posted no reviews.