Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jace Mullen (climberslacker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Your guess is as good as mine.
About Me Hi! I'm Jace. I'm 17 years old. I will be doing the PCT Summer 2012.
CityOceanside
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.jacemullen.com
My PDF Gear ListPCT Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jace Mullen

Showing 181 - 190 of 377 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...38

Forum » Thread

JMT Dates?
Thanks for all of the info guys! I tried finding it online but can anyone talk me through the permit process? I won't know what my summer looks like untill march, will that be a problem as f...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT Dates?
January 10, 2:06pm

PLB rent or buy or co-op
HJ, I know of a troop that could use one (hint hint, nudge nudge) The problem with the "automatic feature" is that I have a tendency to not carry anything that can tell me the time wh...

In GEAR » PLB rent or buy or co-op
January 07, 10:13am

JMT Dates?
Hey guys! I am thinking about hiking the JMT solo this summer and I am curious as to what the dates the JMT is usually "hike able" and how long most people here take to do it? I am hop...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT Dates?
January 06, 9:23pm

Tube Sock
I like this idea even though I tend to just wrap tent/poles/stakes together and put the roll into the long pocket on my mariposa. A comment about your website as well (That you may not be able t...

In Gear Deals » Mountainfitter Tube Sock
January 05, 11:56pm

Morning Routine.
I tend to get up with the sun so it has a tendancy to be on the cooler side of things. To help with that here is my routine: Get up, pack up as quickly as possible Hike a few miles untill it...

In Philosophy & Technique » morning routine
January 04, 2:13pm

MYOG: Knotless Bear Bag Hang
One of the main issues with calling this a "knotless hang" is that it is no less of a knot then the clove hitch. What you have unwittingly created is-as far as I can tell-a marlinspike hi...

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG: Knotless PCT Bear Bag Hang
January 04, 1:37pm

Re: Philmont Suitable Boots
Hey, I would go for trail runners. They are what I took and it was fine. A question though: You said that it will be your first backpacking trip: does that mean that you will not be going on ...

In GEAR » Philmont suitable boots
January 02, 1:15pm

Theoretical PCT Gear-list
Yeah, I am trying to get my local gear shop (I have accumulated like $150 worth of gift cards there over the years) to bring in an R1 so that I can use the cards. It has been a bit of kit that I...

In Gear Lists » Theoretical AT Gear List
January 02, 1:42am

Re: Theoretical PCT *was AT* Gear List
So I have just talked to someone who I know to be pretty experienced with thru-hiking (has done the PCT and CDT) and as I believe I have mentioned somewhere I would prefer to hike the PCT as it is ...

In Gear Lists » Theoretical AT Gear List
January 02, 12:18am

Big 3 vs. Big 4?
So we all know that the big three are shelter, sleeping and pack but the idea behind the big four is more confusing, at least for me. From what I have gathered the 4th "biggest" item s...

In Philosophy & Technique » Big 3 vs. Big 4?
December 29, 11:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Jace Mullen

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

40 Below Expedition Insulation
A great, US company that makes expedition-specific insulating gear. My bottle-boots were shipped the same day I ordered them and along with the shipping notice came a question from the company founder...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 16, 4:39pm

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
I used this pad for 5 weeks this summer while building trail. I have also used it on every backpacking trip for the last two-ish years. I just bought a new one to take on my PCT thru this summer. ...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
April 07, 9:38pm

zpacks Company
While I only ordered stuff sacks from Joe, he was still willing to talk with me about what would work best for me. Great Guy, I hope to buy a pack from him eventually!

February 28, 8:57am

Patagonia the company
I have never had to deal with there customer service department because of something I have bought, but many times i have had questions about there products and if you are on their website, on the top...

March 19, 10:46pm