BPL Community Profile

Colin Krusor (ckrusor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northwest US
About Me Colin Krusor has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Krusor

Showing 181 - 190 of 994 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...100

Forum » Thread

Conical hat
Greg, thanks for that link (and thanks to Chris Muthig). I think a foam sheet with a silnylon cover might be the way to go. The cover could double as a water bag and stuff sack and the foam sheet c...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Chinese style conical hat
June 13, 1:25pm

Reduced to $229
These are brand new with tags. I'll drop the price to $229. I suspect there is interest because there have been several recent favorable threads about this jacket here on BPL.

In Gear Swap » FS: Westcomb Shift (blue medium and black large)
June 13, 10:59am

"Sedge" hat
Yes, I've been thinking about this for a long time. I first had ideas about this about ten years ago and it never became enough of a priority to push aside other MYOG projects. Do you have ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Chinese style conical hat
June 13, 10:41am

Seams
I don't doubt that your baffles will be plenty strong. In general, I just try to design seams and bonds so they have as much strength as possible because those are the places where things tend ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Summer Quilt
June 12, 10:53pm

FS: Westcomb Shift (blue medium and black large)
I purchased these recently for my father and myself. I have a size medium in the Avatar Blue color and a large in Black. I tried on the medium indoors but the large has never been worn. Both are br...

In Gear Swap » FS: Westcomb Shift (blue medium and black large)
June 12, 8:46pm

Baffles
Peter, did you sew the cuben baffles to the tape first, then apply the tape to the inner and outer shell layers? I have a MYOG cuben quilt also, but I chose to make the baffles from nanoseeum netti...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Summer Quilt
June 12, 6:50pm

tubing
The inner part of the long tube is polypropylene heat-shrink tubing from ebay.

In Make Your Own Gear » Sub 4 oz gravity filter setup w/ MYOG filter
June 06, 9:50pm

Sub 4 oz gravity filter setup w/ MYOG filter
I finished this gravity filter setup recently and I'm not enthralled with the result, but I thought I'd post photos and a description of it here anyway. The whole system (including water ba...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sub 4 oz gravity filter setup w/ MYOG filter
June 06, 9:37pm

Seam Sealer
If the seam sealer is silicone, there isn't much you can do if it is cured. If it hasn't cured, you could try mineral spirits or hexane. No chemical that is safe to handle will dissolve it ...

In GEAR » HELP!! How to get seam sealer out
June 06, 3:09pm

Rohan Ultra Silver
Loren, I'll definitely take you up on that offer. Thanks very much for being willing to do it. I'll send you a PM with the details. William, you mentioned that you wear a medium. What is...

In GEAR » Lightest tee shirt...Oudoor Research Echo?
June 04, 12:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Colin Krusor

Colin Krusor has posted no reviews.