BPL Community Profile

Chad Miller (chadnsc) - BPL Guest

My Locale Duluth, Minnesota
About Me Backpacking and climbing throughout the year, I love to be outdoors in virtually any active form.
CityDuluth
StateDuluth
My PDF Gear ListSummer Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Miller

Showing 181 - 190 of 805 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...81

Forum » Thread

Re: What do you wear?
Summer: synthetic t shirt zip off pants (zipped off) sun hat buff bandanna Fall / Spring: long sleeve sun shirt synthetic t shirt zip off pants (not zipped off) sun hat buff bandanna ...

In GEAR » What do you wear?
December 06, 3:09pm

Re: Hi! My Name Is Ken, I'm A Diabetic
Hi Ken! Like you I am a diabetic! Unlike you I'm a type one, juvinle diabetic and have been so for over 23 years. I am on the insulin pump so keep in mind my diet may be different than y...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hi! My Name Is Ken, I'm A Diabetic
December 06, 3:00pm

Re: Re: Everyone's Opinion Counts
I agree with you Eric that the majority of us here are weekend warriors, there is nothing wrong with that. Unfortunately there are a number of vocal users here to like to 'talk big' a...

In GEAR » Gear Swap & Capilene
December 06, 2:49pm

Re: Gear bucket list
Not that I need anymore gear until something wears out but this is what I have ready for trips. The idea is that I can get ready for a weekend trip in as little as an hour. In my go box: First...

In GEAR » Gear bucket list
December 06, 2:40pm

Re: Everyone's Opinion Counts
Nick I agree with you compleatly with the exception of your last line: "I cannot speak to Roger's intent, but to me lightweight backpackers on BPL are an elite, paying or non-paying; no...

In GEAR » Gear Swap & Capilene
December 06, 2:28pm

Re: re:
Oh I wasn't saying that your Spinnshelter wasn't a good deal with the shipping or seam sealing. I was just warning you that you may get some potential buyers who will want it at a lower pr...

In Gear Swap » GG Spinnshelter
December 06, 2:19pm

Re: Wood stove hikers...do you carry a "real" knife?
I myself do not use a wood stove when backpacking but I do hike with a couple of people who use the Bushbuddy stove. Both of them comment on how when hiking on trails with established campsites it...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wood stove hikers...do you carry a "real" knife?
December 06, 2:15pm

Re: Re: Re: hawt nalgenes
The hot (hawt) nalgene trick can work very well. In fact I've actually gotten too warm using a hot water filled nalgene and had to take it out of my bag for a bit to let it cool down.

In Winter Hiking » How many of you bought "Long" sized bags for winter camping?
December 06, 12:34pm

Re: Re: hothands
It's not ok, at least to me. Pack it in pack it out. You wouldn't throw your uneaten organic, biodegradable food on the trail to save weight would you? EDIT TO ADD: Besides a hand...

In Winter Hiking » How many of you bought "Long" sized bags for winter camping?
December 06, 12:32pm

Re: GG Spinnshelter
You do know that GG is selling a brand new Spinshelter for $175? http://gossamergear.com/shelters/spinnshelter.html

In Gear Swap » GG Spinnshelter
December 06, 11:36am

All Reader Reviews by Chad Miller

Chad Miller has posted no reviews.