BPL Community Profile

cary bertoncini (cbert) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale N. California
About Me cary bertoncini has not added a biography yet.
CitySacramento
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by cary bertoncini

Showing 181 - 190 of 892 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...90

Forum » Thread

versification
My gear is the lightest and has multiple uses Just one pot is employed to boil to eat and to pee. My routes and my board posts stem from logical muses On the Briggs Myers, of course, I'm an ...

In Chaff » Add a verse!
March 22, 1:03pm

one issue though
is that hiking slowly, hiking fast and even running up to moderate speeds are all "slow twitch" activities. consider that even elite marathon runnering (running 26.2 miles at under 5 min/...

In Philosophy & Technique » do you train for backpacking? How?
March 18, 12:21pm

I do find it a bit ironic
that a product intended in part for the homeless (who need it) needs to be improved in quality/performance for those who don't really "need" it in order to sell well enough to be prov...

In Editor's Roundtable » JakPak All-In-One Garment Review
March 17, 11:20pm

good review but
looks like the product is updated and a lot of the reviewed iteration's aspects have been changed. For one, it now has a breatheable top/front material.

In Editor's Roundtable » JakPak All-In-One Garment Review
March 17, 1:07am

thanks Doug!
It's not too heavy--I'll certainly be bringing this on some of my backpacking trips. I have much more substantial furniture for car camping trips. Though a titanium/cuben model would be won...

In Gear Swap » FS: Alite Designs Monarch Chair
March 16, 11:12pm

cooking fish
my preferred method now is to cut them into small chunks and boil them in a pot with seasoning and (optionally) some olive oil i think extract and debone them and add them to the ramen, pasta, c...

In GEAR » Frying Fish??
March 16, 12:21am

you misunderstand me entirely
I am not out to save the world (though I don't mind helping when it appears I can), merely acknowledging that we are responsible for our words and the effects we have on others: you or I can ne...

In Chaff » Wolves kill teacher in Alaska
March 13, 2:30pm

I've been swayed before,
and I am infinitely swayable. I have swayed others and hold it infinitely possible that something I say might sway someone, which is why I try to think compassionately about what I say, even though...

March 13, 2:05pm

hehehe
classic!

In Chaff » An honest misunderstanding....
March 13, 12:35pm

human ideas
are part of our evolution. to deny them is to strip us of significant portions of our evolution. other animals can understand harmony (i've witnessed it), they just don't know how to ...

March 13, 9:42am

All Reader Reviews by cary bertoncini

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aquastar Aquastar - plus
Weight - 8.5 ounces, including the 1 liter lexan bottle. Dead on what I got for the weight on my scale. Features - water purifier, water storage, LED lantern. Just tested out my new UV Aquastar...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 20, 2:04pm

Drop Stoppers Microporous Polypropylene Rainsuit
I'm impressed with the quiet and comfortable suit. Haven't been in a downpoor yet, but I did use it while hiking and was impressed with comfort and lack of sweat buidup inside (I did remove a layer b...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 07, 10:47pm