Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Beeden (captain_paranoia) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale UK
About Me Kevin Beeden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUK

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Beeden

Showing 181 - 190 of 434 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ...44

Forum » Thread

re: liquid feed
> however I am puzzled by the articles suggestion to turn off at canister 1st so that liquid in tube is burnt off--- surely there is now no pressure driving it; but it obviously works. There ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG - A Winter Canister Stove using your Summer Upright Stove and the Brunton Stove Stand
September 19, 11:47am

re: "I'm sure most on this site will not like this system."
What's not to like? Glad to see the big Rexam lidded cans getting good use. Now if only I could find one in the UK. The Gatorade pot would be nice too; the nearest I've found in the UK...

In Make Your Own Gear » 6.6oz cook system with water bottle for under $20
September 08, 12:12pm

why do you need glue?
If you're copying the dual-wall wood burner, I don't see any need to use glue. You just need to ensure that you cut holes that are the right size... Since any air pressures involved are...

In Make Your Own Gear » Glue for stove
September 02, 9:10am

MYOG heaven...
> there is a big wear-house where they have literally tons of materials but they don't really know what is what (they said that the materials come from all over europe especially from factor...

In Make Your Own Gear » first time myog backpack
August 26, 7:57am

re: pear-shaped yurts...
> So a yurt is best... Hmm, how to make a UL yurt... > Things go all pear shaped. There is, of course, a big difference between the requirements for a wood stove grate and for a shelter...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tetrahedron vs Pyramid tents for MYOG
July 28, 6:15am

re: Tetrahedron vs Pyramid tents for MYOG
A three-sided structure provides a poorer use of material for available volume than one with four sides. I once considered the optimal shape for sidewall weight vs grate area for a wood burner (...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tetrahedron vs Pyramid tents for MYOG
July 27, 12:10pm

re: 'boning'
> I used plastic (as opposed to plastic coated steel) 'boning'. I once suggested a friend used tubes used to hold surface-mount (SO) ICs for boning, as they're light, flexible, st...

In Make Your Own Gear » Semi-circular batten/stiffener for vent on pyramid tent
July 27, 12:05pm

re: name and place...
No worries, Jeremy; I only posted FYI. Rog gives his location somewhat obliquely... I've been told that the 750ml cans are available in the UK, in petrol/gas stations, but, not being a driv...

In Make Your Own Gear » My new 51g (1.8 oz) cooking/ water carrying system
July 21, 11:03am

re: Why do tarp/tents hiking poles set to different heights
Think about what you generally do in a tent/under a tarp. If you need to sit up to cook, you're only likely to do that at one end. And your arms only flay about at one end, too (i.e. most cam...

In Make Your Own Gear » Starting the process of MYOG'ing my whole setup.
July 19, 11:52am

re: electronic counter
> @Kevin - Thanks for the push into the digital age.... I guess being an electronic engineer, I had to fly the flag a bit... As for the switch input to the counter, I'd seriously sugg...

In Make Your Own Gear » Mechanical Ratchet Counter - Source?
July 14, 11:18am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Beeden

Kevin Beeden has posted no reviews.