BPL Community Profile

Ben H. (bzhayes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale So. California
About Me Ben H. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben H.

Showing 181 - 190 of 280 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

what an exhausting post...
Can I or anyone tell you exactly the risk of drinking any water? No... and that include municipal water supplies Oh... by the way, municipal water supplies have no way of removing those same ch...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » What about toxic chemicals in the water?
July 31, 5:43pm

pole design
You are trying to add stronger poles to your tent. Stronger poles will be stiffer. If they are too stiff when you try to get them into position they could collapse. If that is the case you can p...

In GEAR » Can i make my diy poles by theese alloys?
July 30, 9:44am

Re: This would be the source
Check out the date you purchased these. If you read the reviews they have changed the title over time. Initially these were sold as groundhogs (or un-branded groundhogs). You should be able to g...

In GEAR » Need a tougher tent stake
July 24, 3:32pm

Re: Lightweight Sleeping pad
The klymit does not work with a quilt. You need a sleeping bag on the back side to fill in the gaps. If you want to save some money check out the REI stratus.

In GEAR » Lightweight Sleeping pad
July 24, 9:14am

BV500
Probably won't work for you, but it is worth mentioning that the BV500 works well as a stool. If you already bring a bear can, the additional weight of the big BV500 (8 ounces more than the BV...

In GEAR » Camp Chairs?
July 23, 10:05am

I got something like this free...
I got something like this free at a conference: http://www.thedealrack.com/p-2128-liberty-bags-small-drawstring-bag-backpack-8881.aspx?cagpspn=pla&gclid=CL3HjqzyprECFSUbQgodYCIAVA I haven...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Day hike from base camp, how do you carry water/food/essentials
July 19, 5:31pm

Re: Re: How O2 sat monitors work.
What Dean is saying is that the meter reads the two different color frequencies and reports the ratio of the two. It does not matter how dense either one of the colors is by themselves since it ta...

In GEAR » hypoxia meter
July 18, 2:45pm

Re: carrying pesto
I don't blanch any of my greens when I make pesto (including spinach and arugula), I think it might come out slightly more bitter. When I use basil it comes out less bitter. I would see no re...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » carrying pesto
July 13, 4:53pm

Re: Comments from Lighter1
They are two products only if you can use them independently. Your advertising is misleading! You are not selling a 1 lb 5 oz bear canister, because it only becomes a bear canister once you add i...

In GEAR » Ultra Light Bear Canister
July 12, 6:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: David
"Because Henry Shires has said time and time again that he will not be providing cuben version of his shelters." I think you missed the "wish list" part of this thread.... ...

In GEAR » Tarptent wish list
July 09, 6:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben H.

Ben H. has posted no reviews.